LSU/Troy game thread [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : LSU/Troy game thread

zud the hut
09-30-2017, 09:15 AM
This game is sort of a no-win situation for LSU. LSU is expected to win this game however Troy always plays LSU close and could actually beat LSU.

The world will be shocked if LSU loses. and unimpressed if LSU wins. However, the game is important to LSU because it serves as a tune-up with the game with Florida next week.

MKfromPA
09-30-2017, 11:09 AM
I predict a cakewalk game for LSU. This is the game the Tigers finally have the offense figured out.

LSU 48
Troy 20

zud the hut
09-30-2017, 08:38 PM
LSU 0 Troy 10.

Troy scored a field goal on last play of the first half. Weird play. The teams had already gone in for the half and they had them come back for the fg attempt. The ball hit the crossbar and fell good. This game has a gris gris curse!

GR8NESS
09-30-2017, 09:04 PM
17-0. Great hire Coach O...

Dawg in Dallas
09-30-2017, 09:31 PM
Wtf...

zud the hut
09-30-2017, 09:33 PM
Danny Etling knocked out of the game.

Myles Brennan leads LSU to TD. 17-7, Troy.

GR8NESS
09-30-2017, 10:24 PM
Wow....

Dawg in Dallas
09-30-2017, 10:30 PM
Terrible HC hire...

zud the hut
09-30-2017, 10:41 PM
LSU 21 Troy 24.

One can't say that Troy got lucky. They won this game.

But I do want to point out that at the end of the half, both teams went into their dressing rooms. And were called back out. After further review, 2 seconds were added back to the first half. Troy attempts a field goal that hits the crossbar and fell good for 3 points. Those 3 points were the difference in the game.

But, again, Troy earned this win. Congratulations to them for breaking our 50 game win streak against non-conference games at home.

houndofthebaskervols
09-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Don't worry Tigers, we'll be happy to share the glory. LOL

http://i66.tinypic.com/72c5c3.jpg

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Ouch.

BamaHoHo
09-30-2017, 11:13 PM
https://image.ibb.co/nOTSqb/lol.png

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 12:02 AM
https://image.ibb.co/nOTSqb/lol.png
We're a bad football team at this time. A lot of us feared it after Moo U but were hanging on to a false hope that the truth that we knew to be true wasn't the truth. Cats are out of the bag now. Go ahead and kick us while we're down.

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 12:05 AM
Don't worry Tigers, we'll be happy to share the glory. LOL

http://i66.tinypic.com/72c5c3.jpg
They can call our game, the Losers Bowl!

Really Big Bama Fan
10-01-2017, 12:28 AM
Terrible HC hire...
Coach O just needs more time to put his imprint on this LSU team. He is an excellent recruiter and he proved his head coaching skills while he was at Ole Miss and USC.

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 12:33 AM
Coach O just needs more time to put his imprint on this LSU team. He is an excellent recruiter and he proved his head coaching skills while he was at Ole Miss and USC.
Maybe next year, if they can fix the o line. But this year isn't fixable.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 12:41 AM
This just ****ing sucks. It sucks for LSU and it sucks for my picks. Kirby was a basket case last year. He almost lost to Nichols. Almost is the key word. Damn. I do not know where you LSU guys go from here.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-01-2017, 12:56 AM
Maybe next year, if they can fix the o line. But this year isn't fixable.
LSU may not challenge for the SEC Championship this year, but that can still play the role of a spoiler for the other teams in the SEC West.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 01:11 AM
LSU may not challenge for the SEC Championship this year, but that can still play the role of a spoiler for the other teams in the SEC West.

Who can they beat? Really.

GR8NESS
10-01-2017, 01:18 AM

That Ole Miss game may be reminiscinit of some of the Kentucky vs. Vandy showdowns I’ve been to over the years.

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 01:21 AM
IKR?
Actually, LSU fans have been saying that there has been a mismanagement of personnel. That both lines have been mismanaged but the o line in particular. It doesn't matter who your QB or RB or WR are if there isn't time to develop the play and your QB becomes like a pretzel becuz he is getting crushed.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 01:21 AM
Right now. I would bet on the wet paper bag.

BamaHoHo
10-01-2017, 08:36 AM
We're a bad football team at this time. A lot of us feared it after Moo U but were hanging on to a false hope that the truth that we knew to be true wasn't the truth. Cats are out of the bag now. Go ahead and kick us while we're down.

I saw that pic on facebook and couldn't resist.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Don't give up on Coach O. I think that he truly loves LSU. There is a lot about him that reminds me of ole Cholly Mac at LSU.

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 10:52 AM
I saw that pic on facebook and couldn't resist.
It's ok. I wasn't in a good mood after that disaster. People are going to pile on now. We have a big problem with no solutions in sight. Hard to accept the truth sometimes...

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Don't give up on Coach O. I think that he truly loves LSU. There is a lot about him that reminds me of ole Cholly Mac at LSU.
Our fans are saying that not only are we not going to a bowl...we aren't winning another game. And most of them are holding Coach O responsible for the downfall.

Bama_Man
10-01-2017, 10:57 AM
But he isn't a good or even decent HC.

SavageOrangeJug
10-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Our fans are saying that not only are we not going to a bowl...we aren't winning another game. And most of them are holding Coach O responsible for the downfall.
Butch Jones will be available soon.

BamaHoHo
10-01-2017, 11:42 AM
It's ok. I wasn't in a good mood after that disaster. People are going to pile on now. We have a big problem with no solutions in sight. Hard to accept the truth sometimes...

I understand completely. LA Monroe, need I say more.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 11:46 AM
I am afraid Coach O is a worse version of Coach Richt. Likeable guy. Represents the University well, just not ready at game time.

I don't consider this piling on. Just my take on the situation.

It could get better. Kirby Smart's first year was a disaster.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-01-2017, 11:59 AM
I am afraid Coach O is a worse version of Coach Richt. Likeable guy. Represents the University well, just not ready at game time.

Well, y'all probably shouldn't listen to me about coaching changes. I was one of the Bama fans who wanted to give Coach Shula more time.

ugabrad
10-01-2017, 01:52 PM

Oh, c'mon man... it wasn't the year that everyone had hoped for, but with a new coaching staff and a freshman QB the Dawgs made it to a lesser bowl game and won that. I don't consider that a disaster.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Oh, c'mon man... it wasn't the year that everyone had hoped for, but with a new coaching staff and a freshman QB the Dawgs made it to a lesser bowl game and won that. I don't consider that a disaster.

It was for all those that thought he was going to the National Championship when he walked on the field.
Losing to UT with a Hail Mary in the last seven seconds, barely beat Nichols State, enrollment 5000. Destroyed by Ole Miss. Lost to Vandy. Blown out by Florida. And last minute loss to Tech. Yep, this was a train wreck of a season.
You can deny it all you want. That season sucked. So did 79, we survived it too.

MKfromPA
10-01-2017, 08:40 PM
They played like LSLOL instead of LSU. Wow I was completely shocked, like the rest of you guys, at the outcome of this game. I couldn't believe it when I saw the score this morning. Yikes!

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 09:11 PM
They played like LSLOL instead of LSU. Wow I was completely shocked, like the rest of you guys, at the outcome of this game. I couldn't believe it when I saw the score this morning. Yikes!

LSU fans knew something was up but didn't want to admit it. We knew that the line play wasn't cutting the mustard and we have played 22 freshmen. Freshmen make mistakes.

But, I speculate that there is a disconnect between Coach O and Coach Canada. There is something happening that isn't being said and we really don't know what it is. Coach O was talking last night about Nick Brossette's fumble. In case you didn't know, LSU's Brossette fumbled on the first play of the game and Troy took it in for a score to make it 7-0. And that one play, the first play, set the tone for the whole game.

Brossette is the 4th string RB. That was his only play of the game. Coach O made a statement that really puzzled LSU fans. He said that he did not know that Brossette was going to be in the game at this point in time. This statement is astonishing. The head coach doesn't know what the first 10 scripted plays are? Something is wrong and it doesn't look good between the head coach and the offensive coordinator. Here's something else, Coach Canada was at North Carolina State before he was at Pittsburgh. Coach Canada was fired from North Carolina State not because he didn't do a good job because he did do a good job. He had personality conflicts with the head coach of North Carolina and that is why he got fired from there.

Therefore, I'm making assumptions and conjectures about this thing about not knowing a player was supposed to be in the game or not as a disconnect between the head coach and the offensive coordinator for LSU. And possibly, the elephant in the room that no one is taking about. There is something going on at LSU and it doesn't involve x's and o's and we really don't know what it is.

ugabrad
10-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Why on earth is a fourth string running back getting the ball on the first play from scrimmage? That makes zero sense to me.

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Why on earth is a fourth string running back getting the ball on the first play from scrimmage? That makes zero sense to me.
IKR? And why in the world doesn't the head coach know about this? I think that it stewed and burned inside Coach O and bubbled up when he made that statement.

MKfromPA
10-02-2017, 06:56 PM
@zud the hut - no I did not watch the game because my cable plan does not have ESPNU. I agree with you on the possible Canada/Orgeron issue. LSU has much more talent than Canada had at Pittsburgh, and there is no question LSU should be scoring loads of points every week, especially against inferior competition. The Tigers have only reached 40 points once this season and it was against an FCS club, Chattanooga. I don't think LSU is dumb enough to bring in Canada and have there be lack of compatibility with the head coach... or are they?

zud the hut
10-02-2017, 09:01 PM
@zud the hut - no I did not watch the game because my cable plan does not have ESPNU. I agree with you on the possible Canada/Orgeron issue. LSU has much more talent than Canada had at Pittsburgh, and there is no question LSU should be scoring loads of points every week, especially against inferior competition. The Tigers have only reached 40 points once this season and it was against an FCS club, Chattanooga. I don't think LSU is dumb enough to bring in Canada and have there be lack of compatibility with the head coach... or are they?
Something is dumb. I don't know what it is exactly that is dumb. But something is really really dumb!

YR_Tiger
10-03-2017, 02:57 PM
This is the softest LSU team I have ever seen. The first rushing TD by Troy...our ILB #40 hand walks him for 7 yds into the endzone.
Teams like this usually takes several year to correct this defect...Well it was fun being competitive for awhile..I will still watch my Tigers but we have couple of hard years before it gets better IMO.