I enjoyed the Wazzu victory over USC game [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : I enjoyed the Wazzu victory over USC game

zud the hut
09-30-2017, 02:58 AM
Just a fun game to watch. Leach has them playing good!

MKfromPA
09-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Mike Leach is trash. I couldn't ever root for any of his teams.

Cuz
09-30-2017, 02:00 PM
I feel good about it. I had them beating USC in the pick ems.

zud the hut
09-30-2017, 02:21 PM
Mike Leach is trash. I couldn't ever root for any of his teams.
I responded to a poster on the Tiger Lair last nite. He called Mike Leach a Hannibal Lecter. I responded to him and saying he has Wazzu playing well. He responded to me by saying watch my back because he'll eat my liver. So, what you're saying is true, he isn't liked by a lot of people.

And I saw Leach's comments in the post game conference. Coach Helton of USC was conciliatory and Coach Leach said, we whip their azz. They won with the last minute field goal, so how is that whipping anybody's azz?

zud the hut
09-30-2017, 02:25 PM
I feel good about it. I had them beating USC in the pick ems.

I've been to several games in Pullman. And I really like the atmosphere there, it's a fun place. It only holds 33, 000, but it's loud and rowdy. It's a good way to pass a good time. It reminds me of a high school game on steroids.

MKfromPA
09-30-2017, 04:30 PM
I responded to a poster on the Tiger Lair last nite. He called Mike Leach a Hannibal Lecter. I responded to him and saying he has Wazzu playing well. He responded to me by saying watch my back because he'll eat my liver. So, what you're saying is true, he isn't liked by a lot of people.

And I saw Leach's comments in the post game conference. Coach Helton of USC was conciliatory and Coach Leach said, we whip their azz. They won with the last minute field goal, so how is that whipping anybody's azz?

Congrats to WSU on the win.

ugabrad
10-01-2017, 09:37 PM
So far all of Wazzu's games have been at home. They have a real test this weekend at Autzen Stadium when they take on the 4-1 Ducks. We will then have an idea if they have reached the upper level of the Pac12 or not. If so, the Apple Cup could be quite interesting this year.

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 10:14 PM
So far all of Wazzu's games have been at home. They have a real test this weekend at Autzen Stadium when they take on the 4-1 Ducks. We will then have an idea if they have reached the upper level of the Pac12 or not. If so, the Apple Cup could be quite interesting this year.
It would be fun to watch the Apple Cup for the Pac-12 North title!

ugabrad
10-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Well, the Cougs beat the Oregon Ducks pretty handily so it is shaping up to be a very interesting Apple Cup - barring some unforeseen disaster.

Personally I would rather see Husky and Coug flags and clothing all over the place than Seahawks ones.

MKfromPA
10-09-2017, 06:55 PM
Well, the Cougs beat the Oregon Ducks pretty handily so it is shaping up to be a very interesting Apple Cup - barring some unforeseen disaster.

Personally I would rather see Husky and Coug flags and clothing all over the place than Seahawks ones.

I think so, too. Both have Stanford and Utah, but outside of that, maybe UO will challenge UW, but they are on a high impact collision course!

zud the hut
10-09-2017, 07:17 PM

Don't think that Wazzu can handle the Huskies. But I didn't think that they would beat USC either.

MKfromPA
10-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Wazzu just hurt its playoff hopes with a 37-3 loss at Cal last night.

ugabrad
10-14-2017, 11:56 AM
I missed that... it seems that Leach always craps the bed sometime during the season, doesn't it?

MKfromPA
10-14-2017, 03:19 PM
I missed that... it seems that Leach always craps the bed sometime during the season, doesn't it?

They aren't ready to be with the elites in the PAC-12 like USC and Washington. I don't think Leach recruits elite caliber talent. He does well with what he's got. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't see WSU ever turning into a National Power.

zud the hut
10-15-2017, 10:11 PM
I watched the Cal game and they just smashed Wazzu in the mouth and Wazzu couldn't do anything right. But it's just one game.

Now to the elite point. No, they aren't elite. But Washington lost last nite. Would you say that they crapped in the bed? USC played a close one from the little bit that I saw and they didn't look good. And Wazzu beat USC with a QB that was a walk on. So, no, they don't recruit with the big boys but you have to acknowledge the weirdo that Leach is the mad scientist!

ugabrad
10-15-2017, 11:26 PM
The Huskies should not have lost to ASU, so - yes - I would say that they crapped their bed. They can still control their destiny, so if they don't let this one get them down there is a good chance that their goal is still attainable. We shall see.

MKfromPA
10-22-2017, 10:30 AM
Wazzu blanks Colorado, 28-0. One win closer.