Big time scandal [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Big time scandal

Herchel
09-26-2017, 04:08 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/explaining-the-fbi-probe-and-the-corruption-scandal-rocking-college-basketball/

JDThirstyAg
09-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Are there enough Div-III schools to take the brunt of Emmert's wrath to make up for a Federal investigation?

Is the AAU too big to fail?

Herchel
09-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Are there enough Div-III schools to take the brunt of Emmert's wrath to make up for a Federal investigation?

Rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BamaHoHo
09-26-2017, 08:33 PM

I hope not. AAU is the major problem in NCAA Basketball.

boxvic
09-27-2017, 07:32 AM
This is some crazy stuff.

We could see the NCAA end up making some major changes once all this smoke settles. What those changes are I'm not sure... but you can't just let something like this happen and then make no public attempt to fix it.

Storm
09-27-2017, 07:39 AM
Pitino is such a lying ass POS............."oh, this 5 star kid fell right in my lap and I didn't even have to recruit him."

LOL

Dawgilicious
09-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Yes, AAU is a major issue right now, who knows how to correct that. I know UK fans will jump all over this, but it is a sad day for College basketball as a whole. Who knows who knew what and what was involved. Social media will make jokes about it and say this and that, but it is a terrible day for the sport of college basketball. Not the type of coverage you want right before the season starts

gatormaniac
09-27-2017, 03:27 PM
This is gonna be double ugly. Pitino and the Louisville AD have been put on administrative leave.

Storm
09-28-2017, 12:12 AM
How is it a sad day for college bball? If anything it's a breath of fresh air. Maybe all the rampant cheating and paying will finally come to an end.

Bama has to be next. I mean, I'm sorry. You're Alabama. You don't put together a bball recruiting class like that, ever, without something smelling like greenbacks.

Herchel
09-28-2017, 09:40 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/davi9095/DKw0LXfUMAA8MNb.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/davi9095/media/DKw0LXfUMAA8MNb.jpg.html)

gatormaniac
09-28-2017, 10:31 AM
I heard this morning that Miami may be involved as well.

Herchel
09-28-2017, 11:04 AM
Bama assistant, Kobie Baker, just resigned.

boxvic
09-28-2017, 12:30 PM
I really think the college basketball landscape could be totally different in a few years.

So if all this money has been changing hands to attract blue chip players... then where do they start going once the money is no longer getting handed out?

I think we could see talent start to get a lot more spread out.

Dawgilicious
09-28-2017, 01:27 PM
How is it a sad day for college bball? If anything it's a breath of fresh air. Maybe all the rampant cheating and paying will finally come to an end.

Bama has to be next. I mean, I'm sorry. You're Alabama. You don't put together a bball recruiting class like that, ever, without something smelling like greenbacks.

It is sad if I actually have to explain why it is a sad and disgusting day for college basketball....lol....And there you go, implicating Alabama for no reason. I mean how can any team compete if they are going to be castrated by fans. maybe Avery Johnson recruits very well, I am sure you never thought of that though

boxvic
09-28-2017, 01:57 PM
It is sad if I actually have to explain why it is a sad and disgusting day for college basketball....lol....And there you go, implicating Alabama for no reason. I mean how can any team compete if they are going to be castrated by fans. maybe Avery Johnson recruits very well, I am sure you never thought of that though

Well, you know, its also possible that one of the Alabama assistant coaches is "a person of interest" in the investigation and resigned today.

gatormaniac
09-28-2017, 02:43 PM
I agree with Box, the landscape will change...for the better. It remains to be seen if this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Dawgilicious
09-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Oh I think everyone agrees things need to change for sure, especially when money is being tossed around like it is being reported

Storm
09-28-2017, 05:30 PM

I explained why I implicated them. Oh, and the fact they just had an assistant get out of town as fast as he could. Face it, much like Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss, you don't go from zero to 100 overnight without the obvious

What's sad is everybody just accepted the rampant cheating and shrugged their shoulders.

MKfromPA
09-28-2017, 07:49 PM
This is gonna be double ugly. Pitino and the Louisville AD have been put on administrative leave.

I'd love to see him try to lie his way out of this one, LOL.

boxvic
09-29-2017, 11:02 AM
You know, an odd side affect of this might end up being an NBA team playing in Louisville.

Louisville has made a strong push over the years to get an expansion team and/or a team to move there. I've heard before that it was almost a done deal twice; and when the Yum Center opened I heard there was at least one NBA owner who was interested in making a move to that arena. The problem has been the University of Louisville owning a major stake in the arena and not wanting any other basketball teams to compete against for crowd size or schedules to work around. UL just agreed to take on even more of the cost because the city said it couldn't afford its share with the current tenants.

Now? UL is going to be on the hook for an arena that they are going to struggle to sell out for many, many years. Suddenly an NBA team paying a leasing fee probably seems like a great idea.

MKfromPA
09-29-2017, 12:12 PM
I also wonder how many other schools' names are going to surface as a result of this. I doubt it will just be the ones initially mentioned.