UGA at UT [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UGA at UT

Herchel
09-26-2017, 11:02 AM
This ought to get things started.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/anonymous-sec-east-coach-tennessee-fire-butch-jones

SavageOrangeJug
09-26-2017, 11:51 AM
This ought to get things started.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/anonymous-sec-east-coach-tennessee-fire-butch-jones

The guy was on a roll until he got to this part, and that is where he is full of ****.

“When you’re in your fourth year of a program and the defense is that bad, that ain’t good.” one coach said. “The thing about Tennessee this year, they don’t have a quarterback, they don’t have a running back and for all those guys they’ve signed, I don’t see any dominant, draftable players on the roster.”

We have the best and most versatile back in the SEC in John Kelly.

We also have another in waiting in Ty Chandler and Carlin Fils-aime is a damn good back in his own right.

SavageOrangeJug
09-26-2017, 11:52 AM
That being said we also have Butch Jones coaching. :facepalm:

Cuz
09-26-2017, 12:52 PM
That being said we also have Butch Jones coaching. :facepalm:

You can't always get what you want.

Herchel
09-26-2017, 01:02 PM

You can't be serious.

SavageOrangeJug
09-26-2017, 02:16 PM
You can't be serious.
The statistics speak for themselves.

Herchel
09-26-2017, 03:18 PM
The statistics speak for themselves.
They sure do. He is 4th string at UGA.

SavageOrangeJug
09-26-2017, 04:38 PM
They sure do. He is 4th string at UGA.

:facepalm:

Kelly has 450 yards and 6 TDs.

Chubb has 375 and 2 TDs.

Djshockley3
09-26-2017, 04:54 PM

Chubb has 375 and 2 TDs.

Chubb splits carries with 3 other backs lol. Come on man.

SavageOrangeJug
09-26-2017, 05:08 PM
Chubb splits carries with 3 other backs lol. Come on man.
Kelly also has 182 receiving yards and splits carries with 2 other backs.

Stats show Tennessee's John Kelly is the toughest RB to tackle in the SEC (https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/stats-show-tennessees-john-kelly-toughest-rb-tackle-sec/)

The Volunteers star RB has put up some strong numbers through the first four games of the season. Kelly has rushed for 450 yards and 6 TDs while also adding 182 yards receiving. He is averaging 6.4 yards a touch and nearly led the Volunteers to a comeback win over Florida.

Kelly has shown an incredible ability to get up field and make defenders miss, and two stats highlight Kelly’s play making ability.

The CFB Film Room has Kelly with 34 total forced missed tackles this season.

Pro Football Focus College Football has also graded Kelly as the most elusive RB in the SEC.

https://s26.postimg.org/3xmkldexl/UT_John_Kelly.jpg

Herchel
09-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Kelly also has 182 receiving yards and splits carries with 2 other backs.

Stats show Tennessee's John Kelly is the toughest RB to tackle in the SEC (https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/stats-show-tennessees-john-kelly-toughest-rb-tackle-sec/)

https://s26.postimg.org/3xmkldexl/UT_John_Kelly.jpg

This reminds me of a previous discussion about the relative merits of A J Johnson and Ramik Wilson. Yes, I have a near photographic memory. Wilson is a 4 year NFL starter. Where is Johnson?
Kelley couldn't hold Chubb's jock strap if he used both hands. same goes for Michel and Swift.

SavageOrangeJug
09-26-2017, 05:39 PM
This reminds me of a previous discussion about the relative merits of A J Johnson and Ramik Wilson. Yes, I have a near photographic memory. Wilson is a 4 year NFL starter. Where is Johnson?
Johnson's college career was cut short, Mr. Photographic Memory. You should remember that.

Kelley couldn't hold Chubb's jock strap if he used both hands. same goes for Michel and Swift.
The stats and analysts say you should stick to tractors. You know a little about them.

Point blank. Chubb hasn't done jack in his career. He is what, a 3 year starter? He is the most overrated back in the SEC.

This is Kelly's first year to start. Which is due to Butch Jones ignorance. Kelly should have split time with Kamara last year.

Dawgilicious
09-26-2017, 09:46 PM
A UGA win saturday would be win #800 for the history of the program. UGA would be the 11th school to reach 800 College football wins

Dawgilicious
09-26-2017, 09:48 PM
Johnson's college career was cut short, Mr. Photographic Memory. You should remember that.

The stats and analysts say you should stick to tractors. You know a little about them.

Point blank. Chubb hasn't done jack in his career. He is what, a 3 year starter? He is the most overrated back in the SEC.

This is Kelly's first year to start. Which is due to Butch Jones ignorance. Kelly should have split time with Kamara last year.

You were doing OK, until you mentioned that. He is far from overrated, Why are you killing a guy for being a 3 year starter....lol...That is a quality thing to do. I dont remember Chubb ever getting a stupid penalty that cost our team a TD vs a team that has no offense.

SavageOrangeJug
09-26-2017, 11:14 PM
You were doing OK, until you mentioned that. He is far from overrated, Why are you killing a guy for being a 3 year starter....lol...That is a quality thing to do. I dont remember Chubb ever getting a stupid penalty that cost our team a TD vs a team that has no offense.
Chubb has NEVER lived up to his hype. Honestly, I would take Michel over Chubb. What have they done? You've had them botch and can't even win a weak, very weak East?

For H to say John Kelly would be 4th string at UGA is either a troll, or H just hasn't been keeping up.

The stats are there for Kelly in yards rushing, receiving, and as I linked, breaking tackles.

SavageOrangeJug
09-26-2017, 11:15 PM
A UGA win saturday would be win #800 for the history of the program. UGA would be the 11th school to reach 800 College football wins
If y'all lose this game your AD needs to fire Kirby in the locker room.

ECDawg78
09-26-2017, 11:17 PM

Point blank, on Chubb, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

At present, Chubb is 13th on the all-time SEC rushing list, with a good chance to break into the top 10 this Saturday. The highest ranked Tennessee rusher is 34th.....and it's not John Kelly.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/sec/leaders/rush-yds-player-career.html

Dawgilicious
09-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Chubb has NEVER lived up to his hype. Honestly, I would take Michel over Chubb. What have they done? You've had them botch and can't even win a weak, very weak East?

For H to say John Kelly would be 4th string at UGA is either a troll, or H just hasn't been keeping up.

The stats are there for Kelly in yards rushing, receiving, and as I linked, breaking tackles.

Last time I checked, you need more than 2 RB to win the division. Chubb has done a lot so maybe you should stop drinking Whiskey and take off your homerism hat and show some respect for a player like Chubb, regardless where he goes to school.

I guess John Kelly is Walter Payton now...lol. I guess being Top 10 in SEC career rushing is overrated

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 07:40 AM
Point blank, on Chubb, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

At present, Chubb is 13th on the all-time SEC rushing list, with a good chance to break into the top 10 this Saturday. The highest ranked Tennessee rusher is 34th.....and it's not John Kelly.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/sec/leaders/rush-yds-player-career.html
Point blank. Trying to say Kelly would be 4th string at UGA is pure ********.

I have stats on my side.

"BY GAWD...LAST YEAR CHUBB"....sorry, doesn't hold water.

Kelly has more rushing yards, more receiving yards, and more eluded tackles THIS YEAR than Chubb.

Kelly has only started 4 games in his career. He played behind Hurd because of Jones' stupidity. The other guy he played behind was scoring rushing touchdowns in the NFL this past Sunday.

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 07:46 AM
Last time I checked, you need more than 2 RB to win the division. Chubb has done a lot so maybe you should stop drinking Whiskey and take off your homerism hat and show some respect for a player like Chubb, regardless where he goes to school.

I guess John Kelly is Walter Payton now...lol. I guess being Top 10 in SEC career rushing is overrated
First off, I don't drink.

Second off, don't come in here running your mouths about the leading rusher in the SEC this season "being 4th string" then demand respect for your player.

I guess with Herschel Walker II down there you might have won the East.

You need more than two backs? Hell, y'all rode one back to a national championship. You would think these two All-World backs you have would at least have carried you to a weakened East title.

Dawg in Dallas
09-27-2017, 08:00 AM

Chubb has 375 and 2 TDs.

Kelly is a fine back, but at least get basic stats right.

Kelly has 81 carries for 450 yards (5.6 ypc) and 6 TDs.

Chubb has 59 carries for 371 yards (6.3 ypc) and 6 TDs.

I don't know where you got the 2TDs from.

Isn't Kelly a Jr? How do his career numbers stack up to just Chubb's Freshman year?

Interestingly, RIGHT now Kelly has as many carries in his career as Chubb had in his Freshman year. So let's see:

Kelly (career): 219 carries 1245 yards (5.7 ypc), 12 TDs

Chubb (FRESHMAN YEAR ONLY): 219 carries 1547 yards (7.1 ypc), 14 TDs

If Chubb has done nothing in his career, what does it say for Kelly?

ECDawg78
09-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Point blank. Trying to say Kelly would be 4th string at UGA is pure ********.

I have stats on my side.

"BY GAWD...LAST YEAR CHUBB"....sorry, doesn't hold water.

Kelly has more rushing yards, more receiving yards, and more eluded tackles THIS YEAR than Chubb.

Kelly has only started 4 games in his career. He played behind Hurd because of Jones' stupidity. The other guy he played behind was scoring rushing touchdowns in the NFL this past Sunday.

I was not addressing Kelly or statements made about Kelly by others...but your statement that "Chubb hasn't done jack in his career"........is purer ********.

I have stats on my side.

Comparing Kelly with Chubb at this point is unfair to Kelly....because there is no comparison.

For true comparison sake, compare Kelly's first four starts (since that's all you have at this point) to Chubb's first four starts in 2014 as a freshman (he started after Gurley's suspension).....and again, there is NO comparison. Chubb's stats blows Kelly's to bits.

By the way, Gurley was scoring TDs in the NFL last season too.

Kelly will have his opportunity on Saturday for you to begin making a case for him.........but to this point that case doesn't exist.

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Kelly is a fine back, but at least get basic stats right.

Kelly has 81 carries for 450 yards (5.6 ypc) and 6 TDs.

Chubb has 59 carries for 371 yards (6.3 ypc) and 6 TDs.

I don't know where you got the 2TDs from.

Isn't Kelly a Jr? How do his career numbers stack up to just Chubb's Freshman year?

Interestingly, RIGHT now Kelly has as many carries in his career as Chubb had in his Freshman year. So let's see:

Kelly (career): 219 carries 1245 yards (5.7 ypc), 12 TDs

Chubb (FRESHMAN YEAR ONLY): 219 carries 1547 yards (7.1 ypc), 14 TDs

If Chubb has done nothing in his career, what does it say for Kelly?
Kelly has 632 combined yards for 6.4 yards per touch this season.

Chubb has how many TDs this year? LOL!

Perhaps you missed this statement.

Dawg in Dallas
09-27-2017, 08:12 AM
Chubb has as many TDs this year as Kelly on 22 fewer carries. You now Chubb had to sit behind a guy by the name of Todd Gurley, perhaps you have heard of him...pretty sure he was better than the guys the Vols were running out there.

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 08:12 AM
I was not addressing Kelly or statements made about Kelly by others...but your statement that "Chubb hasn't done jack in his career"........is purer ********.

I have stats on my side.

Comparing Kelly with Chubb at this point is unfair to Kelly....because there is no comparison.

For true comparison sake, compare Kelly's first four starts (since that's all you have at this point) to Chubb's first four starts in 2014 as a freshman (he started after Gurley's suspension).....and again, there is NO comparison. Chubb's stats blows Kelly's to bits.

By the way, Gurley was scoring TDs in the NFL last season too.

Kelly will have his opportunity on Saturday for you to begin making a case for him.........but to this point that case doesn't exist.

OK...you have two Kentucky Derby winners that have been surrounded by plow mules.

UT's rushing defense is AWFUL. Kelly would gain 500 yards against our defense. If Chubb doesn't have a career day this Saturday I don't want to hear anything else about him.

You are correct. Comparing the two at this point is unfair. Kelly has been on the sidelines when he would have been in the game with any half way competent coach.

Dawg in Dallas
09-27-2017, 08:14 AM
Let's just put it this way, if Chubb were a Vol, he would be their ALL TIME leading rusher. Not to shabby for a guy you claim has done nothing in his career and is the most overhyped player...

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 08:19 AM
Chubb has as many TDs this year as Kelly on 22 fewer carries. You now Chubb had to sit behind a guy by the name of Todd Gurley, perhaps you have heard of him...pretty sure he was better than the guys the Vols were running out there.
Gurley has been gone how long?

I'm not saying Chubb isn't a good back. I do think he is over-hyped.

The Atlanta Journal even says he isn't the best in the SEC.

What are the odds Georgia's Nick Chubb wins the Heisman? (http://www.ajc.com/sports/what-are-the-odds-georgia-nick-chubb-wins-the-heisman/umskcgQWrA9PhtHX6Qn4gL/)

I'm saying claiming Kelly would be 4th string at UGA is either trolling or ignorance. You Dawgs have a quick caucus and tell me which it is.

Dawg in Dallas
09-27-2017, 08:25 AM
He might be third string.

But your claims about Chubb in this thread were far more ridiculous than Herchel's 4th string comment.

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 08:34 AM
Let's just put it this way, if Chubb were a Vol, he would be their ALL TIME leading rusher. Not to shabby for a guy you claim has done nothing in his career and is the most overhyped player...

Let's put it this way. When (if) he makes the NFL. Let's see if he can join Jamal Lewis (and Terrell Davis) on the 2000+ yards in a season list.

He might be third string.

But your claims about Chubb in this thread were far more ridiculous than Herchel's 4th string comment.
He might be first string. Considering he can catch and run.

Herchel
09-27-2017, 11:03 AM
First off, I don't drink.

Second off, don't come in here running your mouths about the leading rusher in the SEC this season "being 4th string" then demand respect for your player.

I guess with Herschel Walker II down there you might have won the East.

You need more than two backs? Hell, y'all rode one back to a national championship. You would think these two All-World backs you have would at least have carried you to a weakened East title.

Tell you what. I will post a poll.

Dawgilicious
09-27-2017, 12:33 PM
Jesus, some UT people are just straight garbage and actually believe the trash that they throw out there. The main reason Chubb wouldn't win the Heisman is because we have 4-5 backs we play and give carries to, so he isnt going to take the rock 30+ times a game. We have other playmakers...lol.....Apparently anyone at UGA is over-hyped and everyone at UT is under-hyped. Next you will tell us that AJ Green is overrated and that Travis Henry is better than Herschel

Dawg4life
09-27-2017, 04:42 PM
And the reason why Mark Richt is no longer the head coach of the University of Georgia is because he failed to win a weak East with two-three great backs.

Honestly, it's puzzling why the 2014 team wasn't 11-1. That had one of Georgia's best OLs in a long long time and a decent defense. Any back with talent was going to look good behind that line. TG would've won the Heisman that season if he wasn't suspended and then tore his ACL, and NC would've won it if he played a ton of snaps all season.

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 04:46 PM
Jesus, some UT people are just straight garbage
Some UGA people are pure dog **** as people.

Make your personal attacks because we have a different opinion. I fully expect it from a punk ass like you.

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 04:50 PM
And the reason why Mark Richt is no longer the head coach of the University of Georgia is because he failed to win a weak East with two-three great backs.

Honestly, it's puzzling why the 2014 team wasn't 11-1. That had one of Georgia's best OLs in a long long time and a decent defense. Any back with talent was going to look good behind that line. TG would've won the Heisman that season if he wasn't suspended and then tore his ACL, and NC would've won it if he played a ton of snaps all season.
Honestly I think Gurley was a much better back than Chubb.

UGA really has no excuse not to have an East title in the past few years. UT has no excuse, NONE, for not winning the East last year. It's should be simple. Beat UGA and UF you win the East. That is why Butch Jones' seat is blazing right now.

Herchel
09-27-2017, 05:12 PM
Some UGA people are pure dog **** as people.

Make your personal attacks because we have a different opinion. I fully expect it from a punk ass like you.

Watch it.

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Watch it.
While your little Georgia punk calls people garbage and you say nothing?

Piss on his sorry ass. I said NOTHING to him.

ECDawg78
09-27-2017, 06:09 PM
Jesus, some UT people are just straight garbage and actually believe the trash that they throw out there.

That was uncalled for.

Cuz
09-27-2017, 07:21 PM
I know and like both SOJ and Herschel. How about a bit calming down. We can argue the merits of RB's if you want but I really do not care. The game is UT vs UGA. And we will see on the field how every player that touches the ball plays.

If you do not care to talk about UGA at UT could someone please change it to SOJ vs Herschel.

For God's sake. Lighten up Francis. Please get back to discussing how our Freshman Qb will fare against the Vol secondary? Or, will the UGA LB's be able to stop the run?

Anything like that is preferable to calling each other names in the honor of some kid who happens to run great with a football.

Just my opinion.

Bama_Man
09-27-2017, 07:34 PM
Gurley was a freak of nature and one of the best backs in recent SEC memory, not sure it's fair to hold any RB to that standard. But I agree he was better than Chubb.

I think the UGA fans aren't giving Kelly enough respect, the kid is a violent runner with soft hands. UT is likely 2-2 at best without him. Much better than Hurd.
It is an insult to suggest he'd be fourth on the UGA depth chart, he'd be third at absolute worst behind Michel.
But, I'm not sure he's better than Chubb yet. Chubb has proven he's a durable, tough back with good hands and home run ability. Even after the injury, he has been productive.

ECDawg78
09-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Gurley was a freak of nature and one of the best backs in recent SEC memory, not sure it's fair to hold any RB to that standard. But I agree he was better than Chubb.

I think the UGA fans aren't giving Kelly enough respect, the kid is a violent runner with soft hands. UT is likely 2-2 at best without him. Much better than Hurd.
It is an insult to suggest he'd be fourth on the UGA depth chart, he'd be third at absolute worst behind Michel.
But, I'm not sure he's better than Chubb yet. Chubb has proven he's a durable, tough back with good hands and home run ability. Even after the injury, he has been productive.

I've got great respect for Kelly.......but I shouldn't have to defend Chubb's value while respecting Kelly's ability either.

Bama_Man
09-27-2017, 10:31 PM
I've got great respect for Kelly.......but I shouldn't have to defend Chubb's value while respecting Kelly's ability either.
I certainly agree. I don't think we have to tear down either player to recognize their talent. I think SOJ got a little defensive when H. stated the crazy statement about Kelly being 4th string at UGA, which I'm not even sure he believes lol

SavageOrangeJug
09-28-2017, 07:32 AM
Please get back to discussing how our Freshman Qb will fare against the Vol secondary? Or, will the UGA LB's be able to stop the run?

Fromm is UT's only hope to win the game.

He is a freshman. I don't care how much talent a QB has, they all have that "freshman game" at some point. UT needs that game to be Saturday. UT needs 3 or 4 turnovers just to keep this game close.

With UT's run defense Kirby should be fired if he throws the ball more than 5 times the entire game.

Herchel
09-28-2017, 07:57 AM
I certainly agree. I don't think we have to tear down either player to recognize their talent. I think SOJ got a little defensive when H. stated the crazy statement about Kelly being 4th string at UGA, which I'm not even sure he believes lol

SOJ started with this:

I responded.

SavageOrangeJug
09-28-2017, 08:15 AM
SOJ started with this:

I responded.
With a ridiculous "4th string on our team." :facepalm:

HunkerDown
09-28-2017, 09:51 AM

LMAO Chubb hasn't done jack in his career. 2nd to only Herschel Walker in some huge categories.

And how about this....

Freshman year, he didn't even start till what 5 games into the season?

Rushed for 1,547 yards and 14 TD's with SEVEN YARDS PER CARRY. And added 213 yards and 2 TDs through the air. Orange Jug you are dumb af.

HunkerDown
09-28-2017, 09:54 AM
John Kelly's stats over his THREE years at UT:

1245 yards and 12 TDs.

Nick Chubb's Freshman year:

1547 yards and 14 TDs.

Lmao

SavageOrangeJug
09-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Orange Jug you are dumb af.
**** all of you Dawg pussies and your personal attacks. Too damned stupid to have a civil conversation.

John Kelly's stats over his THREE years at UT:

1245 yards and 12 TDs.

Nick Chubb's Freshman year:

1547 yards and 14 TDs.

Lmao
Kelly has started 4 games. How many has Chubb started?

Talk about stupid AF.

Herchel
09-28-2017, 10:52 AM
From a UT fan

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/davi9095/7676056.png (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/davi9095/media/7676056.png.html)

ugabrad
09-28-2017, 11:12 AM
I have to say that I am worried about our players on that field this Saturday.

Cuz
09-28-2017, 11:12 AM
My knee did that. It is still bothering me today. It happened in 86.

Cuz
09-28-2017, 11:13 AM

You and me both. Seems there is always an injury up there for one of our guys.

HunkerDown
09-28-2017, 11:42 AM

I am too. I am very worried about this game.

HunkerDown
09-28-2017, 11:58 AM
**** all of you Dawg pussies and your personal attacks. Too damned stupid to have a civil conversation.

Kelly has started 4 games. How many has Chubb started?

Talk about stupid AF.

You probably cheered when Chubb got hurt.

Why has this amazing RB only started 4 games?

Dawgilicious
09-28-2017, 01:28 PM
You are the one that came here and just ranted about how Chubb was overrated and telling everyone John Kelly is some stud when in fact he has only started 4 games and his biggest news story is the dumbass penalty he got to ensure UF scored on the next drive

HunkerDown
09-28-2017, 01:52 PM
You are the one that came here and just ranted about how Chubb was overrated and telling everyone John Kelly is some stud when in fact he has only started 4 games and his biggest news story is the dumbass penalty he got to ensure UF scored on the next drive

hahaha

Herchel
09-28-2017, 04:38 PM
UT drinking game. Sure to get you blasted.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/davi9095/7676053.png (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/davi9095/media/7676053.png.html)

rstew3
09-28-2017, 04:40 PM
6 pages of full blown retard in this thread. It hasn't even been worth responding to until it was taken to a whole new level today.

As other teams have found in the last couple of years, and continued to get worse this year, is if you can just run the ball all day and avoid turnovers, you will rack up yards against this UT defense. When Kirby would ever throw the ball is beyond me. Georgia should win this game in a landslide if they just run their very good backs left, right, and over center all day long. Georgia's defense looks stout and will be going against a UT offense that hasn't shown any type of a rhythm or even a good game plan all season.

All of that said, and this thread turns to the field conditions at Neyland again? Seriously? Are you guys trying to pre-load an excuse just in case GA sh1ts the bed again? Was it the turf in Neyland last year that caused UGA to lose? My god guys. Grow some balls. If anyone should be concerned about injury it's UT, and not because of the turf. Remember Kublanow in 15? GA players being dirty is a bigger concern.

Can we get back to talking about this game now? I predict (am hopeful) that this game will be closer than it appears it should go. Vegas opening at -7 for UGA says the same. The only way UT wins is if UGA (Chaney) calls a bad game on offense and decides to go away from the run game that should be more than enough. If UT can hit em in the mouth early and pressure Fromm into some mistakes we have a chance. Our offense will have to show some life in this game though because our defense is going to wear down quick if UGA's D is able to dominate and give us a bunch of 3 and outs. If UGA is smart and plays safe sticking to the run game, it's going to be a long game for Vols fans.

Dawg4life
09-28-2017, 04:55 PM
If I hadn't of mentioned it, here it is, and if I have, I'm just mentioning it again.

I don't mind the idea of unselfish play, but there's a point in which it goes too far. Unselfish is great, but the idea of "everyone has to get a touch" is elementary/middle school level.

Now Swift is too good to keep off of the field, but playing Herrien as well along with the other three backs (even if he breaks some good runs) is going too far unless it's in garbage time or (God forbid) one of the backs get injured.

Chaney gets my credit so far play calling wise. He's been better, but there's a point in which you have to get your best guys in rhythm. But even if he continues to playcall well this team reminds me of the 2014 team except with a much better defense. Fromm certainly has a higher upside long term than Mason, but like him at this moment, his passing ability is not respected. Can this team come back from being down by more than 10-14 if/when it occurs? I think this answer is going to be no.

I don't think it'll be this game, but there is going to be at least one game down the road in which the passing game not being respected is going to cost Georgia the game outright (I'm looking at Auburn and sadly, Florida). But perhaps there are no LOL games like 2014. That team really should've been 11-1.

Dawg in Dallas
09-28-2017, 05:02 PM
All of that said, and this thread turns to the field conditions at Neyland again? Seriously? Are you guys trying to pre-load an excuse just in case GA sh1ts the bed again?

I think the concern is injuries. However, I thought the Vols had replaced their turf before last season. Am I wrong?

The field was in terrible shape the last couple if times the Dawgs were up there - not an excuse for losing, but a legit safety concern that I though yall had recognized and taken care of.

Can we get back to talking about this game now? I predict (am hopeful) that this game will be closer than it appears it should go.

This is an interesting test of the UGA program. As Ms. State can attest, you can be the hot team one week and the next week have all sorts of questions.

The only way UT wins is if UGA (Chaney) calls a bad game on offense and decides to go away from the run game that should be more than enough.

Well the Vols could win with turnovers, a ST score, etc.

UGA has struggled on the OL for the last year plus, though the last game the OL exceeded expectations. IF the OL plays like it did against State, then I suspect the Vol will see a heathy dose of the UGA running game. Otherwise, the passing game will have to have some success loosening up the Vols defense in the box.

Bama_Man
09-28-2017, 05:30 PM
UT has replaced their turf IIRC.

Cuz
09-28-2017, 06:38 PM
UT has replaced their turf IIRC.

The perception is that UGA has bad luck with injuries at Neyland. So the perception rules. I am glad to hear the turf has been replaced. I do not blame any loss on turf at Neyland. Both teams had to play on it. I am hoping for a game with no injuries to either side.

Dawg in Dallas
09-28-2017, 06:48 PM
The perception is that UGA has bad luck with injuries at Neyland

Cuz, that is not a perception. UGA HAS had bad luck with injuries up there the last two times. It is reality. 2013 was especially brutal - losing Marshall, Bennet and scott-WEsley (not to mention the punter). Then in 2015, it was Chubb. SO fewer in 2015, but just our best player.

But, like you, I don't attribute any loss to the turf - it is merely a safety concern. BTW, we won in 2013 despite the injuries on that atrocious field.

Bama_Man
09-28-2017, 07:40 PM
2013 was really bad. I'm not sure I've ever saw so many players go down with non contact injuries before.

MKfromPA
09-28-2017, 07:48 PM
This game's going to be a battle for sure. I hope it's more entertaining than MSU/UGA last week.

Reb32
09-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Meanwhile, we have to play Alabama. Talk about a bloodbath.

zud the hut
09-28-2017, 08:56 PM
I think that UT is going to get their arse handed to them. And this is NOT fake news!

SavageOrangeJug
09-28-2017, 09:11 PM
I am too. I am very worried about this game.
Why? We have the worst run defense in America. I honestly thought we would lose by three touchdowns.

Now that I have heard about your super backs we will probably lose by at least 100 points.

I look for Chubb to gain 700 yards.

No, but I'll bet your sorry ass cheered when this worthless, piece of ****, dirty ass player of yours intentionally destroyed a knee.

Tennessee Vols DT Shy Tuttle Out for the Season After Dirty Block from Georgia Bulldogs Offensive Lineman (https://allfortennessee.com/2015/10/13/shy-tuttle/)

Come to Neyland and dive out of the upper deck. I will cheer when you break your neck.

Two reasons.
1. Butch Jones is an idiot Hurd should have been #3...Kelly should have been # 2 behind Kamara last year.
2. The guy he was behind after Hurd left, Kamara, was scoring touchdowns in the NFL this past weekend.

SavageOrangeJug
09-28-2017, 09:18 PM
Like I said. I fully expect UGA to win and win big big.

...but no you still won't have the best back in the SEC...I don't care it he gains 900 yards Saturday. It will against the worst rushing defense I've ever seen.

Dawg4life
09-28-2017, 10:27 PM
errr.....umm, remove Georgia from the equation and there are still at least 3-4 RBs in the conference I take over John Kelly, as a fair and impartial person.

Cuz
09-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Meanwhile, we have to play Alabama. Talk about a bloodbath.

Right now, your team is the toughest team they will face until Auburn. I picked your team to keep them from covering the points. I live life on the edge.

Cuz
09-29-2017, 03:10 PM
Like I said. I fully expect UGA to win and win big big.

...but no you still won't have the best back in the SEC...I don't care it he gains 900 yards Saturday. It will against the worst rushing defense I've ever seen.

SOJ. I am just hoping for a game no one gets hurt. I hate injuries for either team. I would say good luck, but I really want to win this one. Still your friend though, as always.

Herchel
09-29-2017, 04:09 PM
The perception is that UGA has bad luck with injuries at Neyland. So the perception rules. I am glad to hear the turf has been replaced. I do not blame any loss on turf at Neyland. Both teams had to play on it. I am hoping for a game with no injuries to either side.
It's reality, not perception. 2013 - Keith Marshall, career ruining ACL, Justin Scott-Wesley, career ending ACL, Michael bennett, torn cartilage.

Herchel
09-29-2017, 04:12 PM
.but no you still won't have the best back in the SEC...I don't care it he gains 900 yards Saturday. It will against the worst rushing defense I've ever seen.

In other words, facts don't matter. No matter how bad Kelly looks, he's still the best back in the SEC. No matter how well Chubb plays, he's not as good as Kelly.

lbzdually
09-30-2017, 12:01 AM
The reason why H said Kelly would be 4th string would be because of how UGA uses it's backs and what each brings to the table. Swift and Kelly have similar skillset's and I believe Swift has a higher ceiling. Chubb was not full-strength all last season. This season, he and Michel came back to UGA to win big. Smart realizes this huge sacrifice and possible gamble and is not going to run either into the ground and kill their NFL potential. Kelly has to be the man at UT and he is doing it in spades right now. To say he is better than Chubb is crazy talk, though. He is one of the strongest players at UGA and he is built to pound the ball for 4 quarters and the second a defensive players get tired of being hit by him for the 20th plus times, he breaks the arm tackle and goes 40 yards. Right now UGA doesn't need him to that, nor will they ask him to. The reason Chubb's YPC last year took a hit is because the line was abysmal for the scheme Pittman requires. Chubb got hit by 3-4 guys within a yard of the line 10 times a game or more.

Bama_Man
09-30-2017, 12:52 AM
The reason why H said Kelly would be 4th string would be because of how UGA uses it's backs and what each brings to the table. Swift and Kelly have similar skillset's and I believe Swift has a higher ceiling. Chubb was not full-strength all last season. This season, he and Michel came back to UGA to win big. Smart realizes this huge sacrifice and possible gamble and is not going to run either into the ground and kill their NFL potential. Kelly has to be the man at UT and he is doing it in spades right now. To say he is better than Chubb is crazy talk, though. He is one of the strongest players at UGA and he is built to pound the ball for 4 quarters and the second a defensive players get tired of being hit by him for the 20th plus times, he breaks the arm tackle and goes 40 yards. Right now UGA doesn't need him to that, nor will they ask him to. The reason Chubb's YPC last year took a hit is because the line was abysmal for the scheme Pittman requires. Chubb got hit by 3-4 guys within a yard of the line 10 times a game or more.
Swift may have a higher ceiling but Kelly is the more complete and better RB right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the second team RB on the UGA team, Kelly is as good a receiver out of the back field as Michel but a more punishing runner. I'm very high on Michel, but Kelly's very good as well.

Herchel
09-30-2017, 08:13 AM
I hope we run P44Haynes today.

SavageOrangeJug
09-30-2017, 08:39 AM
In other words, facts don't matter. No matter how bad Kelly looks, he's still the best back in the SEC. No matter how well Chubb plays, he's not as good as Kelly.
In other words, facts don't matter. No matter how many yards he has this season he is still "4th string at the mighty Georgia."

SavageOrangeJug
09-30-2017, 08:42 AM
I hope we run P44Haynes today.
You can grab a fan out of the stands if you want.

It isn't like Shoop or Jones will have an answer to stop them.

Your boy Chubb may actually look like a superstar today.

All jokes aside. If Kirby Smart throws the ball more than 5 times today. Y'all need to make him walk back to Athens. Our run defense is that bad.

Herchel
09-30-2017, 08:48 AM
In other words, facts don't matter. No matter how many yards he has this season he is still "4th string at the mighty Georgia."
You refuse to respond to facts.

SavageOrangeJug
09-30-2017, 08:54 AM
You refuse to respond to facts.
Facts are, as of this moment Kelly is the leading rusher in the SEC.

SavageOrangeJug
09-30-2017, 08:55 AM
Well, I'm off to Knoxville.

If UGA doesn't win this one they need to fire their whole staff. This is the weakest UT team in a long time.

lbzdually
09-30-2017, 03:46 PM
UT's defense bowed up after the first play interception. Won't be posting much here today, got a kidney stone and just want to pass out and sleep through the pain if possible.

Dawg in Dallas
09-30-2017, 04:38 PM
This is bad offensive football by both teams...

Cuz
09-30-2017, 04:41 PM
Two sacks by UT. Not looking good on protection.

Dawg in Dallas
09-30-2017, 04:43 PM
Special teams for UGA is so much better.

Trent Thompson injured. Yikes

Cuz
09-30-2017, 04:44 PM
Two injuries for UGA so far. Maybe I am correct in my perception.

Dawg in Dallas
09-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Spoke to soon. Lol

lbzdually
09-30-2017, 04:53 PM
Wow that 3rd string back for UGA is decent.

Cuz
09-30-2017, 04:56 PM
I like that running QB, where did he come Fromm?

Dawg4life
09-30-2017, 05:00 PM
I mean really, this is 2014 Georgia all over again with a worse OL. Neither QB will be respected but the team is good enough it doesn't matter.

It's not Alabama like though.

zud the hut
09-30-2017, 05:17 PM
Game looks over to me. Kind of boring. We all knew UGA was better, even UT knows it. So, once again, it's going to be WLCTP. And the Gators aren't going to keep up.

rstew3
09-30-2017, 05:20 PM
UT defense came to play, but they've been on the field too much. The second half is going to be tough to watch as they are already gassed. F'in Dormady can't make any throws. He's had players open and throws high, short, left, anywhere but where he should. If we had a QB, this might have been a game.

Time for UGA to just run the ball the rest of the game. Fromm has been shaky, so why chance another turnover.

Dawg in Dallas
09-30-2017, 05:23 PM
The Vols defense has been better than SOJ let on. Turnovers killing the Vols. Plus really bad QB play.

Kelly is a tough runner

Cuz
09-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Your D has kept the pressure on Fromm to keep him from making big plays with his arm but they left him open with his legs.

rstew3
09-30-2017, 05:36 PM
The Vols defense has been better than SOJ let on. Turnovers killing the Vols. Plus really bad QB play.

Kelly is a tough runner

That was the best half of football the UT defense has played this year. Dormady has as many turnovers as completions.

Dawgilicious
09-30-2017, 06:54 PM
Cant be too upset today. Would prefer to not turn the ball over and we got lucky after the pick, cause if UT could of made that 10-7, who knows how the game goes.

Djshockley3
09-30-2017, 07:01 PM
John Kelly best RB ever lol

HunkerDown
09-30-2017, 08:02 PM
John Kelly best RB ever lol

Lmao. 16 carries for 44 yards (2.8 YPC) and a massive fumble. I think he would probably beat out Herrien on our team maybe. Not Chubb, Michel, Swift, or Holyfield though. Not even close to our top 3.

HunkerDown
09-30-2017, 08:04 PM
Our pass defense has to be one of the best in the country right now. Given up like 100 yards passing in two games.

5 straight games to start the season without allowing 300 yards of total offense to any team. Insane.

Dawg4life
09-30-2017, 08:17 PM
5-0!

This is fun. :woot:

ugabrad
09-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Our run defense is pretty damned good this year. Teams that had gained big yardage on the ground in other games have been pretty much shut down by the Dawgs. While I would like to think that the pass defense is doing just as well, I am not sure that the quarterbacks we have faced these past two weeks were a real test. Let us hope that the progress continues.

What is the work on Trent Thompson?

Dawg in Dallas
09-30-2017, 09:55 PM
The defense is awesome....the offense, well...it is good enough so far.

houndofthebaskervols
09-30-2017, 11:00 PM
Butch is a friggin moron, if he survives this week it will be a miracle. Congrats to Georgia, I told all my UT friends last year this was going to happen.

http://i67.tinypic.com/av4jkn.jpg

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-30-2017, 11:06 PM
Major @ss kicking in your own back yard. UT had just as well forfeited and saved some face. That may rank as the worse home team performance of the year in SEC play. Maybe even the decade.

Dawgilicious
10-01-2017, 12:16 AM
honestly, what did UT expect this year? You lost Dobbs and then JuJuan jennings gets hurt. I don't keep up on their recruiting like some, so I am not sure how highly recruited their QBs are, but if people had expectations of a 9 or 10 win season this year, then they are prob upset. Sometimes you have to know your realistic expectations.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 12:46 AM
It was a total ass kicking. I know. We have been on the other end. Bama comes to mind.
Jones needs to find a second tier school and move now.

Dawgs are ready for the next game.
Anchor Down.

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-01-2017, 12:48 AM
honestly, what did UT expect this year? You lost Dobbs and then JuJuan jennings gets hurt. I don't keep up on their recruiting like some, so I am not sure how highly recruited their QBs are, but if people had expectations of a 9 or 10 win season this year, then they are prob upset. Sometimes you have to know your realistic expectations.

I think beating Troy at home was a realistic expectation.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 12:53 AM
SOJ, we are friends and I will tell you as a friend that your John Kelley is nothing. Dude, it is just the truth. I was waiting for him to prove himself against us and he went nowhere. Get over the pissed off and just realize that he cannot run against a tough defense. And yes he would be third string. Sorry but that is just the way it is. I like you, you like me. It does not carry over to how awesome a player can be. Sometimes they just will be better in the NFL where they will have a better line and OC. I see that with Kelly.

Dawgilicious
10-01-2017, 01:35 AM
I think beating Troy at home was a realistic expectation.

Im talking UT, not LSU....and Troy is a solid team...Ask Clemson last year...lol

Dawgilicious
10-01-2017, 01:36 AM
It was a total ass kicking. I know. We have been on the other end. Bama comes to mind.
Jones needs to find a second tier school and move now.

Dawgs are ready for the next game.
Anchor Down.

Man, I remember that. So thankful they fumbled after it was 10-0, cause who knows how the game plays out if they make it 10-7 at that point. From that point on, it felt like their sails were wobbling

ECDawg78
10-01-2017, 08:01 AM
https://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/utmeme8.jpg

SavageOrangeJug
10-01-2017, 09:20 AM
SOJ, we are friends and I will tell you as a friend that your John Kelley is nothing. Dude, it is just the truth. I was waiting for him to prove himself against us and he went nowhere. Get over the pissed off and just realize that he cannot run against a tough defense. And yes he would be third string. Sorry but that is just the way it is. I like you, you like me. It does not carry over to how awesome a player can be. Sometimes they just will be better in the NFL where they will have a better line and OC. I see that with Kelly.
He was also our leading receiver. He was the only offense we had all day.

UGA knew he was all we had and the defense keyed solely on him all day.

Hard to run the ball when your O-line absolutely folds up on you, and the WRs are lost. The O-line was literally dominated. The WR and QBs were terrible. The one good WR we had got hauled out after getting knocked out when his head slammed the turf.

If anything Kelly proved his worth. Your defense was able to concentrate him. We had NOTHING ELSE!

ugabrad
10-01-2017, 01:45 PM
I don't think that there is a single opposing runner who has gained anywhere near his average against UGA this year. This game was not indicative of Kelly's worth.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 02:13 PM
He was also our leading receiver. He was the only offense we had all day.

UGA knew he was all we had and the defense keyed solely on him all day.

I take back the nothing response SOJ. If I post anything after midnight, don't pay attention to it. Sleep meds have kicked in. Your guy needs a decent line and QB. The NFL will probably give him both.
Sorry.

HunkerDown
10-05-2017, 07:48 AM
https://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Georgia-Bulldogs-Football-releases-video-of-best-Nick-Chub-108395967

UGA put up Chubb's best runs from his TWENTY 100 yard rushing games. 10th leading rusher in SEC history and 2nd only to #34 at Tailback U.

This one's for you SOJ.