Florida at Kentucky [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Florida at Kentucky

GR8NESS
09-17-2017, 09:38 AM
Ahhhh. The Florida-Kentucky game. The Cats come in off a HUGE road win over South Carolina that after the first 8 minutes, we absolutely dominated. Florida comes in off a miracle win over Tennessee.

This is where all the UK fans get their hopes up only to get nut punched. I really like our defense after last night, but Florida's is amazing.

Gators 17
Cayts 13

GR8NESS
09-21-2017, 01:39 AM
Great takes, gang.

zud the hut
09-21-2017, 03:06 AM
Call me crazy, but I think that UK has a shot to win this game!

boxvic
09-21-2017, 06:27 AM
Great takes, gang.

I'm scared to post anything. After USC I feel like we are actually pretty good and think we have a shot in this, but then I worry that saying good things about the team will jinx it.

Herchel
09-21-2017, 07:52 AM
I am taking UK and the points.

SavageOrangeJug
09-21-2017, 11:32 AM
I would take UK straight up.

This is the worst UF team in 30 years.

GR8NESS
09-21-2017, 12:49 PM
I'm scared to post anything. After USC I feel like we are actually pretty good and think we have a shot in this, but then I worry that saying good things about the team will jinx it.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-21-2017, 04:21 PM
I took UK and the points but took Florida to win, only because of the streak. If UK is going to break the streak, this is the year.

Herchel
09-21-2017, 04:34 PM
The line is now UK +1.5.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-21-2017, 05:00 PM
The line is now UK +1.5.

makes sense.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-21-2017, 05:09 PM
To me, this is the top game of the weekend to watch, coast to coast. I won't be missing a single play. Fully expect a great college football game with this one.

MKfromPA
09-21-2017, 05:57 PM
To me, this is the top game of the weekend to watch, coast to coast. I won't be missing a single play. Fully expect a great college football game with this one.

Best game of the week in the SEC for sure. I think it's a FG decision on the outcome.

Bama_Man
09-21-2017, 10:53 PM
Best game of the week in the SEC for sure. I think it's a FG decision on the outcome.
Better than MSU @ UGA? I don't think so, but it's the most intruiging game. Hoping Cats ends the streak.

Cuz
09-21-2017, 11:18 PM
Most interesting game. Yeah, I am biased. I think it is the Bulldawg showdown.

But this will be a good game. My guess is Florida finds an offense and wins. I picked them because of that reason. I would not be unhappy to be wrong and watch Kentucky continue to play as well as they have.

May the best team win and may the refs just let them play.

Dawgilicious
09-22-2017, 12:14 AM

Whoa. Calm down over there....What have you been drinking....lol

It is not the "top" game of the weekend to watch....haha.....Florida's terrible offense against a UK team that barely got past EKU in the opener

Cuz
09-22-2017, 12:32 AM

It is not the "top" game of the weekend to watch....haha.....Florida's terrible offense against a UK team that barely got past EKU in the opener

Just let him drink. I find it entertaining.

boxvic
09-22-2017, 06:46 AM

EKU was our second game thank you very much.

Really you can't look at that game as any way indicative of the quality of this team. Honestly they were sandbagging in that game- its a problem that has long plagued UK, and definitely has under Stoops. Its like they go into playing lower level competition with the mindset of "eh, this is a nobody team that we should beat by 40, why go all out?" One of these days we are going to have a very good team, and be looking at a magical season, and that playing down to the competition is going to bite us in the ass.

Because when you look at the team that beat USC and the team that beat EKU, they don't even look like the same team. USC is by no means a bad team--hell some people were picking them as possible favorites for the East this year--and that game wasn't as close as the final score looked.

Herchel
09-22-2017, 07:07 AM
I was going to bet UK at +4.5. I'm not betting now, but I hope UK wins.

GR8NESS
09-22-2017, 08:52 AM
SwineSmeller’s takes are so hot they melted my keyboard.

SavageOrangeJug
09-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Not sure how much this will hurt UK.

LEXINGTON, Ky. — Kentucky linebacker Jordan Jones won’t play against Florida on Saturday, coach Mark Stoops said after practice Thursday.

Jones’ availability for the game never seemed likely. Stoops had said last week and earlier this week that it would be a “stretch” for the junior linebacker to play. It’s the second consecutive game Jones will miss. Sophomore Eli Brown filled the “Will” linebacker spot last weekend against South Carolina.

Jones suffered a shoulder injury against Eastern Kentucky in Week 2 and is week to week. He led Kentucky with 109 tackles last season — third most in the SEC.

Jordan Jones officially ruled out for Florida game (https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/kentucky-football-jordan-jones-injury-out-florida-game)

Dawgilicious
09-22-2017, 12:17 PM
EKU was our second game thank you very much.

Really you can't look at that game as any way indicative of the quality of this team. Honestly they were sandbagging in that game- its a problem that has long plagued UK, and definitely has under Stoops. Its like they go into playing lower level competition with the mindset of "eh, this is a nobody team that we should beat by 40, why go all out?" One of these days we are going to have a very good team, and be looking at a magical season, and that playing down to the competition is going to bite us in the ass.

Because when you look at the team that beat USC and the team that beat EKU, they don't even look like the same team. USC is by no means a bad team--hell some people were picking them as possible favorites for the East this year--and that game wasn't as close as the final score looked.

Well 1st home game. Happy now?

We have heard this story before about how "UK is going to have a good team" and then what happens? USC also has nowhere the talent level across the board as Florida. Whenever UK gets the marquee games at home, they usually fall flat on their face and disappoint. Here is to hoping they don't pull that on Saturday because this UF team is by no means a juggernaut on offense

GR8NESS
09-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Not sure how much this will hurt UK.

Jordan Jones officially ruled out for Florida game (https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/kentucky-football-jordan-jones-injury-out-florida-game)

It’s huge, but we looked better than I expected without him against USC.

boxvic
09-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Well, I think Kentucky Sports Radio has predicted that we beat Florida, and then run out to a 6-0 start on the year.

That pretty much seals the deal and jinxes the whole deal. You'd think a UK site would know that we are to never tempt the football gods- where has Matt Jones been for the last 20 years?

Herchel
09-22-2017, 04:13 PM
where has Matt Jones been for the last 20 years?
On a coke high?

zud the hut
09-22-2017, 04:42 PM
On a coke high?
Good zinger, H!

GR8NESS
09-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Well, I think Kentucky Sports Radio has predicted that we beat Florida, and then run out to a 6-0 start on the year.

That pretty much seals the deal and jinxes the whole deal. You'd think a UK site would know that we are to never tempt the football gods- where has Matt Jones been for the last 20 years?

They haven’t “predicted” that - Matt predicts we’ll win and said that’s what it could mean.

The truly Kentucky football thing to do would be to beat Florida and lose to eastern Michigan next week.

MKfromPA
09-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Better than MSU @ UGA? I don't think so, but it's the most intruiging game. Hoping Cats ends the streak.

Why not?

UK is 3-0, coming off a big win, a game many thought they would fall flat on their faces and lose, especially considering South Carolina looked awesome against NC State on a neutral field. People thought S. Carolina would blow UK's doors off. Plus, Kentucky played a pretty good game. Now, they get Florida, who is coming off a hail mary win over an arch nemesis. UK hasn't beaten UF in nearly forever. They get the Gators at home, and have one of their most legit chances, going into the game, to emerge victorious.

If MSU hadn't beaten LSU the way they did, the UGA/MSU game wouldn't have the glitz it does.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 08:59 AM
They haven’t “predicted” that - Matt predicts we’ll win and said that’s what it could mean.

The truly Kentucky football thing to do would be to beat Florida and lose to eastern Michigan next week.

I just saw a recap of Jones talking to Fienbaum, and that was what they inferred he said. I'm glad he wasn't tempting fate.

I agree on the most Kentucky thing.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 09:44 AM
The Game Day crew just gave UK the edge in almost every facet of the game. I think that might beb really bad news for us... there is no way Florida isn't coming into this game pissed off.

MKfromPA
09-23-2017, 11:39 AM
The Game Day crew just gave UK the edge in almost every facet of the game. I think that might beb really bad news for us... there is no way Florida isn't coming into this game pissed off.

So will UK. 30 straight L's to their opponent, that'd sure make me angry!

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Goooooo Cats!!!

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 07:22 PM
On a coke high?

Matt has had a daily radio show here in Arkansas for the last 5 years, actually the best Hog radio show there was IMO. Probably because Matt actually played and knows the game. He is a realist. He dropped the show this year for a job with ESPN was my understanding.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 07:24 PM
In my life, I have only ever bought one official Razorback jersey, a #9 Matt jersey. The numbers are faded but i still wear it often.

Bama_Man
09-23-2017, 07:32 PM
What channel is this on, SECN?

boxvic
09-23-2017, 07:52 PM
What channel is this on, SECN?

Yeah.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 08:16 PM
It felt very lucky that we got them off the field, and then we 3 and out and give it right back. They will score on this drive, and never look back.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Yep. We probably don't ever get the lead back. It was nice having a Kentucky team that could stop the run for a bit... they had forgotten that Kentucky isn't allowed to play run defense.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Jesus Christ we suck. After they make half-time adjustments we are ****ed.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 09:37 PM
Goooooooo Cats!! TD!

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 09:38 PM
If Kentucky wins the goal posts are coming down.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 09:43 PM
I swear Watch ESPN is making me want to murder someone. Commercial? Yeah play just fine. Ball about the be snapped? Yeah **** that, let's buffer.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 10:01 PM
Haven't seen a set of goal posts come down in a good while. Im sure this set will wind up downtown somewhere.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 10:06 PM
Gr8ness is flat scared to post right now. He'll be here when the final gun sounds. Take a breath Brumm, your boys have got this.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 10:09 PM
Kentucky has the SEC's hottest cheerleaders this year I think. Some real beauties for sure.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 10:19 PM
Gr8ness is flat scared to post right now. He'll be here when the final gun sounds. Take a breath Brumm, your boys have got this.

I think he's at the game, so posting isn't on the top of his list of things to do.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 10:31 PM
We are trying to **** around and lose this game by trying to run out the clock when there are still two ****ing quarters left.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 10:34 PM
Yep Florida has the ball back after a 1 minutes 3 and out. They will score, go up one, we will 2 and our, they will score. We lose.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 10:47 PM
Statistically we dominated the USC game, and still almost lost in the 4th quarter. Statistically we should be dominating this game, and we lost in the 4th quarter.

This is entirely on the play calling. YOU CAN'T RUN THE ****ING CLOCK OUT WITH AN ENTIRE HALF LEFT.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 10:51 PM
All UK has to do is make 1 play here. 1 play.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Couldnt do. To lose this by one point is a heart breaker. A goal post width away from winning. Donk.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 10:55 PM
So we are guaranteed loses to UF, UGA, UT, MSU, and UL; and toss ups with Ole MIss and Vandy,

I mean I would be happy with 8-5... but ****, we had the chance for so much more.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 10:55 PM
No body got on him. Sick.

Dawg4life
09-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Kentucky is not going to beat Florida ever in my lifetime. :facepalm:

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 10:57 PM
Stoops is worse than Beilema.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Kentucky is not going to beat Florida ever in my lifetime. :facepalm:

I think you are right. This may end up longest streak ever.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 10:59 PM
UK still alive though.

Cuz
09-23-2017, 11:00 PM
Sorry Kentucky. You have a much better chance of beating UGA than Florida.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 11:00 PM
Need 10 yards to have a shot.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 11:03 PM
Just kick it from there. We have a better shot at a 60+ yard FG than getting this 1st down.

Dawg4life
09-23-2017, 11:05 PM
Can the kicker do it from far?

Dr.SwineSmeller
Sorry Kentucky. You have a much better chance of beating UGA than Florida.

Cheated by the refs at the end. That hold was crap call.

boxvic
Somethign happened but i don't know what, watchespn has decided I don't need to see it.

Cuz
Okay, not over.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 11:06 PM
Shades of refs cheating Arkansas out of game.

Cuz
09-23-2017, 11:08 PM
Over now.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 11:09 PM
**** ESPN. I have no clue if he made the FG because it literally stopped as soon as he took the field.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 11:09 PM
Cheated out of game. That hold call was behind the play. Sorry crap there.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 11:12 PM
The refs didn't cost us that game. Who ever made the play calls in the 3rd quarter did. We gave that game away because Stoops is too ****ing ***** scared for anyone to think he's trying to run up the score. He WILL NOT run our normal offense as long as we have a one point lead int he ****ing 3rd quarter.

GatorMan32
09-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Good game U.K. You all were better coached all night. Better talent won out when UK's defense got tired but Stoops out coached Mac.

SS, you're crazy if you keep saying they got cheated. It was a blatant hold. You don't get to choose if it's worth calling. That you're using it to whine about Arkansas shows your real butt hurt.

SCgamecock2988
09-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Lol UF pulled that one out of their asses, much like we did against LA Tech today. And after it all both UK and SC are 3-1 (1-1). Though I doubt we win too many more. Maybe Wofford? Maybe?

GR8NESS
09-23-2017, 11:15 PM
F*ck this stupid ass mother f*cking sport so much. I just want to have a nice thing one god damn f*cking time. God, this hurts so much.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Gatorman, STFU. you havent been in the thread the whole damn game and now you show up to gloat. Kiss my ass.

GR8NESS
09-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Like... WHY? WHY, GOD? DO I NOT DESERVE THIS?! WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH HEARTBREAK AND JUST.. I MEAN... aWhyyyyy

GR8NESS
09-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Good game U.K. You all were better coached all night. Better talent won out when UK's defense got tired but Stoops out coached Mac.

SS, you're crazy if you keep saying they got cheated. It was a blatant hold. You don't get to choose if it's worth calling. That you're using it to whine about Arkansas shows your real butt hurt.

Hey go f*ck yourself

SCgamecock2988
09-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Like... WHY? WHY, GOD? DO I NOT DESERVE THIS?! WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH HEARTBREAK AND JUST.. I MEAN... aWhyyyyy

Because you have basketball national titles. Can't have both unless... you're...unless you're well.. Florida.

GR8NESS
09-23-2017, 11:20 PM
I’m standing here watching our team walk from the stadium into the locker room next to the stadium and this is the saddest happiest site I’ve ever seen. Guys, I just don’t know that I can keep sooetsing. This hurts. So much.

SavageOrangeJug
Cheated by the refs at the end. That hold was crap call.
GUARANTEE they don't call that if it is Bama.

Refs decided the damn game.

GR8NESS
Because you have basketball national titles. Can't have both unless... you're...unless you're well.. Florida.

31 ****ing straight ****ing years. God, i just want to ****ing beat them once. At this point I legitimately think I’m dying before it happens.

GR8NESS
09-23-2017, 11:21 PM

You think that sh*t gets called if Florida runs that against UK? F*ck no it doesn’t. God, I’m sick. WHY?? WHAT DID I DO AS A FOOTBALL FAN FOR THIS :(

SCgamecock2988
09-23-2017, 11:23 PM
I'm a South Carolina fan..I feel your pain. 31 straight is rough but being outclassed by your rival instate over forever sucks more. I'm over it all honestly. Hell I'm ecstatic we beat ****ing LA Tech today after the atrocious first 3 quarters we played.

SavageOrangeJug
09-23-2017, 11:23 PM
You think that sh*t gets called if Florida runs that against UK? F*ck no it doesn’t. God, I’m sick. WHY?? WHAT DID I DO AS A FOOTBALL FAN FOR THIS :(
Was a bit of a late flag anyway.

The refs screwed UK on this one. No doubt about it.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 11:28 PM
Hey go f*ck yourself

He gets neg rep from me for life for that smar@ss s***. He hadn't made a single damn post in the thread and then comes in with that smart@ss s*** after the game is over.

GR8NESS
09-23-2017, 11:32 PM
He gets neg rep from me for life for that smar@ss s***. He hadn't made a single damn post in the thread and then comes in with that smart@ss s*** after the game is over.

yup, pretty f***ing convieneint to not be here leading up to the game and during it where we were winning but then there he is.

I think I’m gonna quit Sports. I just can’t handle this.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 11:35 PM
F*ck this stupid ass mother f*cking sport so much. I just want to have a nice thing one god damn f*cking time. God, this hurts so much.

Hey at least you like UK basketball.

I just don't even have the desire to watch college basketball anymore. About the only sports I made an effort to watch are the NBA and UK football. I don't think I can keep watching UK football though...

boxvic
09-23-2017, 11:36 PM
This is the soundtrack for my night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtA4tg_4G4

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-23-2017, 11:37 PM

Exactly.

GatorMan32
09-23-2017, 11:39 PM
I posted this week. I didn't post about this game because I didn't have much to say and when I post before UF/UK games you accuse me of sandbagging. If I don't then this.

Btw I came here to post good game. I talked absolutely zero trash about U.K. I said you all should have won and were better coached. But yeah f me. This is why this board is dead. You all enjoy your circle jerk. First time I got cursed out for saying your team should have won. Now go f yourself. 31 flavors. 31 losses. Enjoy 32 next year.

Cuz
09-23-2017, 11:40 PM
yup, pretty f***ing convieneint to not be here leading up to the game and during it where we were winning but then there he is.

I think I’m gonna quit Sports. I just can’t handle this.

I think you should give up being a Moderator. If you cannot handle it. Get out. I had no favorite between you two. You just have shown that you need not be in any part of a responsible nature on this thread. Hand in your resignation.

GatorMan32
09-23-2017, 11:41 PM
Gatorman, STFU. you havent been in the thread the whole damn game and now you show up to gloat. Kiss my ass.i showed up to say U.K. deserved this game. I just happened to see your whine garbage. Man this board has gone to s***.

Cuz
09-23-2017, 11:42 PM
I posted this week. I didn't post about this game because I didn't have much to say and when I post before UF/UK games you accuse me of sandbagging. If I don't then this.

Btw I came here to post good game. I talked absolutely zero trash about U.K. I said you all should have won and were better coached. But yeah f me. This is why this board is dead. You all enjoy your circle jerk. First time I got cursed out for saying your team should have won. Now go f yourself. 31 flavors. 31 losses. Enjoy 32 next year.

This is why I only am here a few times a year. Too many sore losers that act like asses. This used to be a great site. WTF happened?

SCgamecock2988
09-23-2017, 11:43 PM
Board is trash tier true statement.

GR8NESS
I think you should give up being a Moderator. If you cannot handle it. Get out. I had no favorite between you two. You just have shown that you need not be in any part of a responsible nature on this thread. Hand in your resignation.

Oh what the f*ck does it matter. I haven’t looked at the mod board in like a year and a half and this place gets maybe 20 posts a month.

boxvic
Here in the darkness that I lay
Depression heavy in its weigh
And how my body aches to leave
To sing its final eulogy
My sons I love you evermore
And though the road beckons once more
I see the damage that I've done
In search for redemption
But I am just a broken man
Whose souls cries out to understand
How the madness shatters me
Upon the stage on bended knee
I scream out loud at skies above
That answer mute bereft in love
I struggle not to fall from grace
Or sing the hymns of my disgrace
We build cathredrals to our pain
Establish monuments to attain
Freedom from all of the scars and the sins
Lest we drown in the darkness within
Mysterys forgotten chords
I strum in vain to please the lord
But he has never answered me
My faith has waned eternally
In empty…

SCgamecock2988
09-23-2017, 11:45 PM
To sing its final eulogy
In search for redemption
In empty…

If you hadn't already done it by now I would've called suicide watch...Jesus Christ.

GatorMan32
09-23-2017, 11:45 PM
This is why I only am here a few times a year. Too many sore losers that act like asses. This used to be a great site. WTF happened?pretty much. sad, really.

GR8NESS
09-23-2017, 11:51 PM
To sing its final eulogy
In search for redemption
In empty…

I feel you bro. This sucks.

GM, I’ve cooled off. Sorry for saying that. I was out of control.

boxvic
09-23-2017, 11:53 PM
Hey its an amazingly beautiful song from a numetal band. And its eerily aptly appropriate for UK football fans.

GatorMan32
09-23-2017, 11:54 PM
I feel you bro. This sucks.

GM, I’ve cooled off. Sorry for saying that. I was out of control.no worries bro. We're cool. I thought you all were the better team and deserved to win. I at one point even came to peace with you and a good friend of mine who is from KY getting to enjoy the win. I was certain you all had it. In some ways I wanted it. I want Mac gone. I also think Stoops will get you there.

Bama_Man
09-23-2017, 11:58 PM
That escalated quickly. Hopefully cooler heads prevail. UK was the better team, just a couple big blunders like leaving WR wide open at goal line. I think it was a ticky tacky call to make that didn't influence the play at all, but it was a hold. Damn that's brutal way to lose, hate that for the UK fans.

The only as shole is SC, shows his face just to trash the board. **** off you douche.

Cuz
09-24-2017, 12:01 AM

I feel so much better about my life when I stay away from this site because of posts like this one above. This was a great site. Respect. Nobody remembers the word. I will play out the pick ems then I am pretty much done. If your life is so good that things like this piss you off, your life is twenty times better than mine.

lz2112
09-24-2017, 12:03 AM
This thread has taken a sour turn, but I''l say what I wanted to say before I saw that sour turn.

I am a proud Gator fan, but I don't want to be evil. What my football team has done to Tennessee and Kentucky the last two weeks is evil. So I am badly conflicted. We just won two games we had no business winning, and the stakes were pretty high in both.

There was a part of me hoping that final UK field goal would be good, because the stadium would have gone nuclear. But, no, my evil Gators had the Gods push it short.

This is weird territory. to apologize for winning. But I've been watching Gator football for 40 years, and we have been so lucky lately there is a karmic whiplash coming at us like we have never seen.

So curse the Gators, but remember, even we Gator fans (well, some of us, I can't speak for all) know how lucky we've been, and are just waiting for that whiplash.

My condolences Wildcats. You deserved better.

boxvic
09-24-2017, 12:03 AM
I also think Stoops will get you there.

I don't think so. He has done an amazing job on the recruiting trail. Honestly when it comes to talent we aren't that far off from Florida and Tennessee these days. Stoops fails when it comes to the in-game adjustments and split-second decisions. That hans't changed since his first season. We have better talent, and he has definitely instilled a more killer attitude amongst the players... but we are still losing games because of botched calls.

I think Stoops has gotten us back to where we were when Brooks retired. It is up to a better game day coach to take us to the next level, but at this point Stoops is probably going to be offered a lifetime contract.

Cuz
09-24-2017, 12:04 AM
I would say, f&&& every one of you. But I feel pain. I am in pain. I just want God to bless everyone of you. That is all. Good night.

boxvic
09-24-2017, 12:08 AM
EDIT: after your last post I don't feel it appropriate to leave up a post talking about how my life is great except for UK football.

SCgamecock2988
09-24-2017, 12:09 AM
Ha..God, he's never done **** for me.

boxvic
09-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Ha..God, he's never done **** for me.

Well, that is because he doesn't exist... but that doesn't make it mean less when someone invokes his name in an attempt to wish you well.

GR8NESS
09-24-2017, 12:14 AM
I don't think so. He has done an amazing job on the recruiting trail. Honestly when it comes to talent we aren't that far off from Florida and Tennessee these days. Stoops fails when it comes to the in-game adjustments and split-second decisions. That hans't changed since his first season. We have better talent, and he has definitely instilled a more killer attitude amongst the players... but we are still losing games because of botched calls.

I think Stoops has gotten us back to where we were when Brooks retired. It is up to a better game day coach to take us to the next level, but at this point Stoops is probably going to be offered a lifetime contract.

I actually think the program is in a better position now than it was in the Brooks era. We have top to bottom depth. We had a great group of skill players and a solid secondary and monster LB under Brooks. We’ve actually built a foundation this time.

I think that’s what makes this hurt the most. We’re set up to do some sh*t and make noise... and we just go and punch ourselves in the nuts. TWICE we left guys wide open. Like literally didn’t bother covering them.

GR8NESS
09-24-2017, 12:17 AM
no worries bro. We're cool. I thought you all were the better team and deserved to win. I at one point even came to peace with you and a good friend of mine who is from KY getting to enjoy the win. I was certain you all had it. In some ways I wanted it. I want Mac gone. I also think Stoops will get you there.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I just care way too much about this stuff. I’ve been going to these games my whole life. My dad and I have seen UK lose to florida in person 10 times together now. I don’t remember all of them, but they all end this way. It’s so damn depressing. I don’t want to care this much... but I do. I’m just questioning a lot of things right now.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-24-2017, 12:18 AM
i showed up to say U.K. deserved this game. I just happened to see your whine garbage. Man this board has gone to s***.

I was stabbing at the refs, not another poster as you did when you came in out of no where with the SS is butt hurt cr@p. That was uncalled for. I'd been fine if you had simply came in with your opinion rather than a personal stab at me.

And your stab at the board is low life too. I think it is the best in the land. My opinion vs your opinion.

GR8NESS
09-24-2017, 12:18 AM
This thread has taken a sour turn, but I''l say what I wanted to say before I saw that sour turn.

I am a proud Gator fan, but I don't want to be evil. What my football team has done to Tennessee and Kentucky the last two weeks is evil. So I am badly conflicted. We just won two games we had no business winning, and the stakes were pretty high in both.

There was a part of me hoping that final UK field goal would be good, because the stadium would have gone nuclear. But, no, my evil Gators had the Gods push it short.

This is weird territory. to apologize for winning. But I've been watching Gator football for 40 years, and we have been so lucky lately there is a karmic whiplash coming at us like we have never seen.

So curse the Gators, but remember, even we Gator fans (well, some of us, I can't speak for all) know how lucky we've been, and are just waiting for that whiplash.

My condolences Wildcats. You deserved better.

This is one of my favorite posts in the history of the site.

boxvic
09-24-2017, 12:30 AM
You know what I think hurts the most about this? Everyone know Snell is one of the best RBs in the SEC... but I think King showed himself as a top 15 back today as well. Yet combined they only had 123 yards.

We somehow found a way to take two of the best RBs in the conference, one of whom is one of the best in the country, and have them gain very little yards while trying to run out the clock.

That's like telling someone driving a Porsche GT2 that they will lose a drag race to a Mustang because they will rely too much on the dual clutch transmission and miss a shift.

GatorMan32
09-24-2017, 12:31 AM

My condolences Wildcats. You deserved better.Not sure I'd say we've been lucky. Chump, Mac, Grier, the cc fraud stuff, James Robinson's heart condition, etc. A couple of late wins doesn't mean overall there haven't been plenty of issues.

GatorMan32
09-24-2017, 12:35 AM
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I just care way too much about this stuff. I’ve been going to these games my whole life. My dad and I have seen UK lose to florida in person 10 times together now. I don’t remember all of them, but they all end this way. It’s so damn depressing. I don’t want to care this much... but I do. I’m just questioning a lot of things right now.

You're one of my favorite people on here because you have an undying passion. I hope you'll renew it because it'll be rewarded soon. Won't pretend to know how you feel but I have so much respect for you. All streaks end. This one will, too. Then you'll have the memory of seeing it end with him.

lz2112
09-24-2017, 12:36 AM
This is one of my favorite posts in the history of the site.

I'm happy I could supply some comfort for you. I am still shaking my head.

GatorMan32
09-24-2017, 12:37 AM
Was a really strong and compassionate post. Just shared an observation on the karma part.

lz2112
09-24-2017, 12:41 AM
Not sure I'd say we've been lucky. Chump, Mac, Grier, the cc fraud stuff, James Robinson's heart condition, etc. A couple of late wins doesn't mean overall there haven't been plenty of issues.

And you left out Irma. I was referring only to how we pulled these last two games out of our ass. But, I said on another forum, these UF kids have a **** ton more heart than I do, and they are making me proud.

2008 National Champions
09-24-2017, 12:44 AM
We did not deserve this win. But I'll take it. Last time Kentucky beat UF Emmitt Smith was still in high school. Let that sink in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GR8NESS
09-24-2017, 12:47 AM
We did not deserve this win. But I'll take it. Last time Kentucky beat UF Emmitt Smith was still in high school. Let that sink in.

I was negative six. Let that sink in.

SCgamecock2988
09-24-2017, 12:52 AM
I was born in 1988...the streak is even older than me. Let that sink in... damn I'm old.

2008 National Champions
09-24-2017, 01:46 AM
I was 11. I'm 41 now. Lol

2008 National Champions
09-24-2017, 01:50 AM

Ah Classic Herchel. ;)

GatorMan32
09-24-2017, 09:38 AM
He won with points.

GR8NESS
09-24-2017, 11:08 AM
I’m absolutely sick still. Just hollow, empty. This is worse than 38-1 in basketball.

Herchel
09-24-2017, 11:19 AM
Ah Classic Herchel. ;)
They covered, thank you very much. :)

GatorMan32
09-24-2017, 04:49 PM
I’m absolutely sick still. Just hollow, empty. This is worse than 38-1 in basketball.Hang in there bro. You guys will have some good wins this year.

GR8NESS
09-24-2017, 04:57 PM
Hang in there bro. You guys will have some good wins this year.

Appreciate it. I think the only thing that could make up for it is the combo of beating UT + UL, which is certainly possible.

boxvic
09-25-2017, 06:27 AM
Appreciate it. I think the only thing that could make up for it is the combo of beating UT + UL, which is certainly possible.

If we could pull that off then I think we could possible see 9 wins. Honestly, assuming we don't try to milk the clock for an entire half again, I think 9 wins is still entirely possible. That sounds crazy to say but when you look at the schedule UGA is the only for sure loss I see.

When this team looks its best, like the first half of the last two games, it looks like a team that could actually play with UGA and be in the race for Atlanta. When this team goes stupid, like in the second half of the last two games, it looks like a team that is going to struggle with Missouri.

GR8NESS
09-26-2017, 12:23 AM
This post does a pretty good job at summarizing my mood today:

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/kentucky-florida-holding-open-receiver/

boxvic
09-26-2017, 06:32 AM
In defense of the first wide open Florida touchdown, even the announcers on TV didn't seem to notice him at first. I think it was just a total goof up caused by the defense not being prepared to see such an old school formation. Now the second time it happened though, you have to be prepared when you seem the line up in the EXACT same formation. The second one is totally indefensible.

GR8NESS
09-26-2017, 12:30 PM
In defense of the first wide open Florida touchdown, even the announcers on TV didn't seem to notice him at first. I think it was just a total goof up caused by the defense not being prepared to see such an old school formation. Now the second time it happened though, you have to be prepared when you seem the line up in the EXACT same formation. The second one is totally indefensible.

I was screaming from my seats to call a timeout the entire time they were lined up. There was no coach on a headset who could do the same?

boxvic
09-26-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't a huge coaching blunder, but I can at least understand it happening the first time.

The second time it happened though, should have made Stoops seat a little warm.

If you drive around a curve too fast and wreck your car, well ok it was an accident, maybe you didn't know the speed limit, didn't know how sharp it was, etc. The second time you crash on the same curve though should call into question your ability to drive.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-26-2017, 02:31 PM
I was screaming from my seats to call a timeout the entire time they were lined up. There was no coach on a headset who could do the same?

Stoops tried to get a TO and was blatantly ignored by the official that was looking right at him. There is video.

GR8NESS
09-27-2017, 12:07 AM
This news about UofL basketball today is the only thing that could have cheered me up after Saturday’s sh8tshow. Dirtiest program in the country....

boxvic
09-27-2017, 07:33 AM
This news about UofL basketball today is the only thing that could have cheered me up after Saturday’s sh8tshow. Dirtiest program in the country....

I sometimes wonder if Pitino really never gave up his UK love... and has just been playing the long con this whole time. Every time he thinks "OK, this is what will get them taken down..." and every time UL some how scoots free; so he just has to keep upping the ante.

GatorMan32
09-27-2017, 08:45 AM
Pitino is obviously a Kentucky guy undercover lol

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 08:51 AM
GatorMan32, 2008 National Champions...have y'all put Butch Jones on your Christmas list? You should.

gatormaniac
09-27-2017, 03:29 PM
GatorMan32, 2008 National Champions...have y'all put Butch Jones on your Christmas list? You should.

I have....along with Stoops.

SavageOrangeJug
09-27-2017, 04:56 PM
I swear I would if I was a Gator fan.

Mac needs to buy Butch flowers and candy on Valentine's Day.

GatorMan32
09-27-2017, 06:22 PM
LOL I've nominated him for a lifetime contract at UT

Bama_Man
09-27-2017, 07:30 PM
As a Bama fan, I'm cool with Jones staying at UT as long as humanly possible.

Brick by brick baby, champions of life!

GR8NESS
09-27-2017, 07:42 PM

To be fair, before Stoops we were getting blown out by 50-60 by you guys every year. I don’t know that I’d be thanking someone who has brought us to at least giving you heart attacks.

gatormaniac
09-28-2017, 02:24 PM
To be fair, before Stoops we were getting blown out by 50-60 by you guys every year. I don’t know that I’d be thanking someone who has brought us to at least giving you heart attacks.

Point taken. I do think Stoops has made UK more competitive. I also think UF just isn't very good right now. Honestly, that game didn't give me a heart attack. I smelled an L when UK was up 10.

GR8NESS
09-28-2017, 11:40 PM
Point taken. I do think Stoops has made UK more competitive. I also think UF just isn't very good right now. Honestly, that game didn't give me a heart attack. I smelled an L when UK was up 10.

Valid, but we lost 45-7 to a 4-8 Muschamp team.

SavageOrangeJug
09-29-2017, 08:29 AM
No, that would be Alabama football.

Really Big Bama Fan
09-29-2017, 10:46 AM
Y'all better un-retire Phat Phil and put him back undercover in his secret witness disguise as a giant pumpkin.

rstew3
09-29-2017, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to Fulmer coming back at all, especially if it brought back total domination of Alabama on the field, and of their fan base's mental stability.

GR8NESS
09-29-2017, 01:23 PM

Banging skanks on a table at a restaraunt and then paying her off to have an abortion.
Buying hookers for underage recruits.
Paid a kid $100k cash while being on probation and being recorded BY THE FBI acknowledging that you are on probation and need to keep it on the down low.

All without firing your coach or AD until after the third one.

Yeah, call me when Alabama has topped that.

GR8NESS
09-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Banging skanks on a table at a restaraunt and then paying her off to have an abortion.
Buying hookers for underage recruits.
Paid a kid $100k cash while being on probation and being recorded BY THE FBI acknowledging that you are on probation and need to keep it on the down low.

All without firing your coach or AD until after the third one.

Yeah, call me when Alabama has topped that.

And they just hired an assistant from that coach and AD as their replacement.

Neither has worked anywhere else.

Lmao.