UGA/Samford [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UGA/Samford

lbzdually
09-16-2017, 09:09 PM
This is pathetic. O-line is getting whipped by a FCS school, and the WR's are dropping as much as they catch.

Dawg4life
09-16-2017, 09:21 PM
1. I really hate Jim Chaney. Even if he's calling plays better, the stupid by committee stuff needs to stop right now. Use your best 3 running backs, which are Chubb, Michel, and Swift when healthy, have a set WR rotation, and actually let Nauta get involved. He may have an ego, but he's too talented to not be involved.
(Swift should be used as Percy Harvin lite)
2. Is Sam Pittman trying to do what they did last year again, which was run power stuff with a line that you can't do this with?

lbzdually
09-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Samford's QB has a super quick release and their top WR could play for anybody. Did I hear them right, that Nauta is not getting more playing time and throws to him because of his practice? He was the best freshman TE in the country, probably one of the best UGA has had for sure. Let him play and get him the ball. I understand if he is a freshman and has not proven himself, but he has proven he can do it on gameday.

lbzdually
09-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Godwin has finally got it clicking. With him, Ridley and Wims, UGA has at least 3 guys who they can trust to catch it.

lbzdually
09-16-2017, 09:55 PM
It doesn't seem like UGA is playing that well, but the scoreboard tells the story.

lbzdually
09-16-2017, 10:10 PM
Swift is going to be the next great back at UGA. Swift, Herrien, Holyfield, Zamir White and James Cook will be the best group in the nation next year. Herchel, are you seeing what I am, which is Kindley absolutely mauling his guy in the running game and then teeing off on a LB?

Dawg4life
09-16-2017, 10:19 PM
Samford's QB has a super quick release and their top WR could play for anybody. Did I hear them right, that Nauta is not getting more playing time and throws to him because of his practice? He was the best freshman TE in the country, probably one of the best UGA has had for sure. Let him play and get him the ball. I understand if he is a freshman and has not proven himself, but he has proven he can do it on gameday.

He's essentially not getting plays called for him for being a "selfish brat" from what I could take from what they said.

Considering that the first team secondary is shaky, I suspect Samford is going to have some fun in garbage time against the backups, the "savages" that are still learning.

HunkerDown
09-17-2017, 08:06 AM
This is pathetic. O-line is getting whipped by a FCS school, and the WR's are dropping as much as they catch.

What? Did we watch the same game?

Dawg4life
09-17-2017, 11:26 AM
The OL really struggled until Samford tired out. Chubb and Swift made them look better than they were. If it wasn't for the fact it was FCS, Georgia would've struggled running.

MKfromPA
09-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Congrats on the W, 'Dawgs!!

Cuz
09-17-2017, 12:38 PM
I agree that early on the O line looked like the same group of confused guys. They played better later. And Fromm overthrowing is better than underthrowing.
I agree with Kevin Butler. Carter staying for one more year at UGA is tightening up his game and making him more valuable at the next level. It is funny seeing Butler on the sidelines. But he is earning his non existent pay.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-17-2017, 03:34 PM
I agree that early on the O line looked like the same group of confused guys. They played better later. And Fromm overthrowing is better than underthrowing.
I agree with Kevin Butler. Carter staying for one more year at UGA is tightening up his game and making him more valuable at the next level. It is funny seeing Butler on the sidelines. But he is earning his non existent pay.

I think Fromm will be fine. UGA's future looks good with him at the helm. Fromm is a big, strong dude. That said, I think Fitz at Miss State is a step ahead of Fromm, and if Miss State can shake their road woes, they will take this game from UGA. The home crowd will need to be loud and disruptive, because one could be a loss for UGA, so the home team will need the home crowd to show up big time.

Mullin is a helluva coach. I wish we had him at Arkansas, but I think he will be at Miss State for many many years to come, quite possibly until he retires. He loves Miss State and they love him. It is a perfect match.