Tennessee at Florida [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee at Florida

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-14-2017, 08:23 PM
It is good to see this game edging back to the good ole days.

I'm going with the trash canners in what should be a great game.

UT 21
UF 20

zud the hut
09-14-2017, 10:29 PM
Until UF scores some points, I'm with the other team.

ECDawg78
09-14-2017, 11:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=428&v=u1nN65cymnk

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-15-2017, 09:44 AM
What stuck out to me in that video was when the dude said "Neither teams fan bases trust thier coaches". I'd beg to differ. I think UT has a lot of faith in Butch Jones and his staff right now. They need to speak for their selves, not UT.

zud the hut
09-15-2017, 02:07 PM
What stuck out to me in that video was when the dude said "Neither teams fan bases trust thier coaches". I'd beg to differ. I think UT has a lot of faith in Butch Jones and his staff right now. They need to speak for their selves, not UT.
What I understand him to say was that he was referencing someone else that said that.

Herchel
09-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Even UF can score on that sucky UT defense. They won't rush for 550 like Yech, but UF 27-UT 10.

Bama_Man
09-15-2017, 03:50 PM
You haven't talked to many UT fans have you?
Not a one trust Jones.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-15-2017, 03:51 PM
What I understand him to say was that he was referencing someone else that said that.

Oh. I missed the ref I guess.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-15-2017, 03:52 PM
You haven't talked to many UT fans have you?
Not a one trust Jones.

Well there was 100,000+ people in Neyland last weekend for a practice game of sorts. Somebody must like him OK.

MKfromPA
09-15-2017, 08:37 PM
Ut 16
uf 13

SavageOrangeJug
09-15-2017, 08:51 PM
I'd beg to differ. I think UT has a lot of faith in Butch Jones and his staff right now. :lol::lol::lol:

Dr. SS will be here all week, folks.

Try the veal, and don't forget to tip your servers.

SavageOrangeJug
09-15-2017, 08:52 PM
Even UF can score on that sucky UT defense. They won't rush for 550 like Yech, but UF 27-UT 10.
10 points?

From a team that scored 84 points in two games?

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-15-2017, 09:56 PM
10 points?

If any one wins by more than 2 TD's it will be UT. They have the potential to get away on offense. UF doesnt look anywhere near a runaway offense. As has been the case, Florida has to rely on thier defense just to keep them in the game.

This one is that potential 42-14 Gator butt kicking the Vol fans have been yearning for.

SavageOrangeJug
09-16-2017, 05:08 PM
10 points?

Never mind! I forgot about the Butch and Staff Factor. :facepalm:

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Good game so far. UF still has no offense. UT should pull this out in the second half.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 05:44 PM
Terrible play calling from 1st and goal from the one yard line by Jones.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 06:00 PM
UT is trying to flat out give this game to Florida.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Florida has went 7 quarters without an offensive TD. Any team that cant beat that is worse than Arkansas.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 06:08 PM
TD for Florida defense. Just what the doctor ordered for Florida to be able to win.

Game over.

I wonder if Butch will pull a Beilema and blame it on his place kicker.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 06:34 PM
That unsportsmanlike penalty is the perfect example of giving the game away. Just stupid.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 06:52 PM
Wow! No quit in Tennessee. Gotta love it! Great game.

SCgamecock2988
09-16-2017, 07:10 PM
Just.. LOL.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Im with you SC...Just lol!

Bama_Man
09-16-2017, 07:46 PM
This game might signal the end for Jones.

GatorMan32
09-16-2017, 10:54 PM
My understanding is Mac finally took over the play calling in the 4th. I don't expect Nuss to stay employed much longer. Maybe the end of the season. Maybe sooner. Franks is the real deal when they stop holding him back. He's got the arm. They wouldn't let him throw the ball. Even the pick was on Lewis. It wasn't high. He stopped running and had to reach forward instead of running through it. Franks will only keep getting better.

Djshockley3
09-17-2017, 06:03 AM
That ball was over 65 yards. Amazing throw

rstew3
09-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Congrats Gators. I am speechless on how Jones and crew botched this one. Just add it to the list over the years of losing to teams when we should win by 2+ scores. Bama_Man is right. I really wanted to see Jones be successful at UT because I do think he is genuinely a good guy, and he is obviously passionate about UT football. The players really like him, and it shows in the recruiting, but this is just not acceptable. It is starting to look like Florida may be the easiest conference game we play this year, and we botched it. Like Vandy and SC last year, this one is just an atrocious loss. Jones is certainly going to start catching a lot of heat for the rest of the season.

The good news is maybe Florida will keep McElwain another couple of years now. From talking to some of my friends that support UF, they are only slightly less pissed than we are.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Congrats Gators. I am speechless on how Jones and crew botched this one. Just add it to the list over the years of losing to teams when we should win by 2+ scores. Bama_Man is right. I really wanted to see Jones be successful at UT because I do think he is genuinely a good guy, and he is obviously passionate about UT football. The players really like him, and it shows in the recruiting, but this is just not acceptable. It is starting to look like Florida may be the easiest conference game we play this year, and we botched it. Like Vandy and SC last year, this one is just an atrocious loss. Jones is certainly going to start catching a lot of heat for the rest of the season.

The good news is maybe Florida will keep McElwain another couple of years now. From talking to some of my friends that support UF, they are only slightly less pissed than we are.

Tough loss R-Stew. That one is all on the coaches. Bad play calling at the goal line. To not have played two at the goal line on that last play is beyond anyone with half a football brain. Don't know how Butch was not prepared there. There is no excuse.

SavageOrangeJug
09-21-2017, 11:34 AM
This game might signal the end for Jones.

https://s26.postimg.org/rd4qc8d89/UT_Butch_5_star_heart.jpg

Herchel
09-21-2017, 11:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml9zak2aTF0

Bama_Man
09-21-2017, 10:51 PM
https://s26.postimg.org/rd4qc8d89/UT_Butch_5_star_heart.jpg

That's funny. Champs of life baby brick by brick! This could end up being a positive for UT if Jones gets the axe and Stoops is next UT coach.

(Although I don't think Kelly is best back in conference with guys like Chubb, Guice and Scarborough but damn he was impressive and not calling his number at the half yard line is as stupid as any playcall possible.)

SavageOrangeJug
09-22-2017, 12:17 AM
(Although I don't think Kelly is best back in conference with guys like Chubb, Guice and Scarborough but damn he was impressive and not calling his number at the half yard line is as stupid as any playcall possible.)

Ranking the top 10 SEC running backs after Week 3 (https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ranking-top-10-sec-running-backs-week-3/)

Cuz
09-22-2017, 12:39 AM
I will admit SOJ that Georgia has not shown much with our highly celebrated running backs. Oh for an experienced O line like Herschel had. Then you might actually see some seperation. I really cannot think of a blowing up a D line with an Off Tackle play since Dooley graduated to the upper level.
We have great backs. How awesome we could be with a great OL

Just my opinion.

houndofthebaskervols
09-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Needless to say, Vol fans want Butch fired today. Yes its true, we only scored 17 points on the nations #164 ranked team.

http://i63.tinypic.com/w9fio1.jpg

Herchel
09-23-2017, 05:27 PM
You get UGA next week. I think we are a tad better than UMass.

Bama_Man
09-23-2017, 05:48 PM
Needless to say, Vol fans want Butch fired today. Yes its true, we only scored 17 points on the nations #164 ranked team.

http://i63.tinypic.com/w9fio1.jpg
And didn't UMass have two drives in the fourth quarter in UT territory with a chance to take the lead late?
Jones is done, unless UT manages to win out or at least only lose once or twice more.

SavageOrangeJug
09-23-2017, 11:54 PM
You get UGA next week. I think we are a tad better than UMass.
Not much, but you will still probably win.

SavageOrangeJug
09-23-2017, 11:56 PM
And didn't UMass have two drives in the fourth quarter in UT territory with a chance to take the lead late?
Jones is done, unless UT manages to win out or at least only lose once or twice more.
We have to get rid of him.

He took over a dumpster fire. He has stabilized the program. He has brought in a lot of talent. He has plateaued as a coach. He has talent but can't develop it. Simply put, he is out of his league.