LSU/MSU game thread [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : LSU/MSU game thread

zud the hut
09-11-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm getting an early start. The SEC season will now begin for these 2 schools.

MKfromPA
09-11-2017, 06:54 PM
LSU's first test of the season. MSU is firing on offense, we'll see how the Tigers' defense responds. I still like LSU because they are a more complete, stronger team.

zud the hut
09-11-2017, 07:13 PM
LSU's first test of the season. MSU is firing on offense, we'll see how the Tigers' defense responds. I still like LSU because they are a more complete, stronger team.
Well, MK, we are about to find out. All the preseason chatter is meaningless.

I am inclined to agree with you in thinking that LSU is the stronger team but my opinion is about as valued as a cow pattie.

It was announced today that Arden Key will play his first game of the season in Starkville. LSU's defense will need him. State offense can go. And Dan Mullen is underappreciated. He has developed Tim Tebow and Dak Prescott. He's keeping State in the middle of the pack of the SEC. Instead of the cellar. Have to give the man credit. And speaking of QB's...look at what's happening with his current QB, Fitzgerald.

And the defense looks improved with a new DC. This game is a measuring stick for both teams.

Herchel
09-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Do me a favor and beat them up. We play them next week.

Bama_Man
09-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Huge game. Is State for real? I believe they will beat someone they shouldn't, LSU this week, UGA next or Bama in November. They are well coached with a dynamic QB. Fitzgerald impressed the hell out of me last year, he's really good. Getting Key back is HUGE. I think it's tight, and LSU has to get Guice going, but they are the rightful favs.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Is State for real? They are well coached with a dynamic QB.

That seems to be the Mss State MO. Now doubt Mullen is a helluva coach, and he seems to have a knack for recruiting and coaching up great QB's.

Bama_Man
09-12-2017, 09:38 PM
That seems to be the Mss State MO. Now doubt Mullen is a helluva coach, and he seems to have a knack for recruiting and coaching up great QB's.
Dak was special, I'm not sure it's fair to hold any current or future QB to that standard. But it's clear Mullen is a fantastic coach for QBs.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Dak was special, I'm not sure it's fair to hold any current or future QB to that standard. But it's clear Mullen is a fantastic coach for QBs.

True that. Daks are once in a lifetime kind of guys for coach.

YR_Tiger
09-13-2017, 10:54 AM
More Cowbell....in Starkvegas Baby...
Big fan of MooU...except this weekend :)

Fighting_Tiger
09-13-2017, 11:25 AM
This will be a tough one... LSU is talented but starts (and plays) a LOT of true freshmen... SEC night games on the road with a team loaded with true freshman is not a great recipe for success. IF LSU can get by State it could mean big things for the season... but that is one MAN sized 'IF' Etling got a little cute at times pushing the ball in to his receivers during the UTC game... if he tries that style of QB play against MSU he'll pay for it dearly... my money is on state and the points...

Either way this one will tell both squads a lot about where they are and even more importantly its gonna be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Miss St. has not beaten LSU in Starkville this entire century. If I'm not mistaken, even Dak could only manage one win against LSU.

The stadium will no doubt be rocking this Saturday night in Starkville, and I'd love to see State pull off the upset, but I'm picking LSU to continue the dominance. I think MSU will lay it all on the field but the best they can hope for is that LSU comes in over confident.

LSU 24
MSU 17

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 08:33 PM
MSU kickin dat purple @ss. 17-7 halftime.

They look like the better team and definitely have the better QB.

Bama_Man
09-17-2017, 01:17 AM
That was a serious ass kicking. MSU is for real. UGA has a handful next week.

ugabrad
09-17-2017, 11:09 AM
That was a serious ass kicking. MSU is for real. UGA has a handful next week.

MSU's run defense looks solid, and they have enough of a passing game that I am feeling rather queasy about this game. Fromm appears to be showing improvement, but both he and the playcalling are going to have to step up big time for UGA to come out on top.

MKfromPA
09-17-2017, 11:18 AM
3 glaring problems with LSU in this game:

1. Stupid penalties (over 100 penalty yards)
2. Offensive line gave Etling little to no time to step back to pass
3. LSU's defense could not generate a pass rush

Thank goodness for LSU they have Syracuse next week at home. It does not look like they are ready to play any more SEC teams right now.

Congrats to MSU on the win. Well earned.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-17-2017, 12:05 PM
MSU's run defense looks solid, and they have enough of a passing game that I am feeling rather queasy about this game. Fromm appears to be showing improvement, but both he and the playcalling are going to have to step up big time for UGA to come out on top.

No doubt. UGA has a plate full. Mullin has another good QB. If M St. brings that same game on the road, they will be hard to beat.

zud the hut
09-18-2017, 01:47 PM
I'm in shock! I knew that it was possible for us to lose but I really didn't think that we would get our arse kicked out the door. We have owned State for like the last quarter century and this was a total dominance that I have never witness before.

Congratulations to State on their huge win!