Kentucky at South Carolina [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky at South Carolina

GR8NESS
09-10-2017, 12:18 AM
South Carolina has asked for everyone to wear black and called this game a "blackout." I plan to follow suit in solidarity with my Gamecock fan friends by also participating in a blackout.

At this point, I'm not sure if either team is good, bad, or somewhere in between. USC has two solid wins, but both of those opponents have looked questionable in their other games...UK hasn't looked good, but Stoops' teams have always looked terrible against inferior opponents and then played up to other competition..so I don't know, I think you could make a case for UK.

In the end though, I think UK's offense just isn't good enough. Losing arguably our 2 best offensive players during training camp has killed our offense, plus the Jeff Badet transfer.

USC 28
UK 13

SCgamecock2988
09-10-2017, 02:06 AM
First home game of the season, and at night? Can't lie I like our chances. If this were a 12 noon game I'd be a lot more worried. But UK under Stoops seems to play well against us so I don't expect it to be easy.

boxvic
09-10-2017, 08:30 AM
I think USC walks a way with this one.

After what I saw from UK yesterday I just don't see how we can hang in this one.

Although I thought the same thing last year after losing to Southern Miss and then almost losing to New Mexico State. So I don't know.

MKfromPA
09-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Kentucky has a shot if they don't have to play comeback kids again. South Carolina started slow last night and didn't find their groove until the second half. I wouldn't be surprised with a letdown. Stoops has to find a way to motivate his kids on the road here and I think this would be a BIG win for him if he can do so.

GR8NESS
09-10-2017, 11:22 AM

After what I saw from UK yesterday I just don't see how we can hang in this one.

Although I thought the same thing last year after losing to Southern Miss and then almost losing to New Mexico State. So I don't know.

Stoops' teams are very guilty of playing to competition. We don't get blown out very often, and we don't blow anyone out very often.

GoDores
09-11-2017, 12:13 PM
I'm in full SEC East race mode. Would be big if Kentucky could hand SC an L, but it looks like a long shot.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-12-2017, 11:16 PM
I expect a really good game. I'll be watching for sure! I think it comes down to the final possession.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-12-2017, 11:17 PM

Box, you seem to think everyone is going to beat your team, but you are undefeated at 2-0. I don't count UK out for a single second.

zud the hut
09-13-2017, 12:45 AM
I generally like Kentucky. But looking at South Carolina, I think they have played two tougher opponents than Kentucky has.

So, I tend to think that South Carolina is a little better and will win the game. But you never know and that is why they play the game. I could be very wrong.

GR8NESS
09-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Kentucky's star LB Jordan jones will not play due to a shoulder contusion. We ****ed.

USC 42 UK 13

MKfromPA
09-13-2017, 09:17 PM
I expect a really good game. I'll be watching for sure! I think it comes down to the final possession.

I agree. I think UK will get up for this game. We find out a lot about Stoops here.

Herchel
09-14-2017, 09:09 AM
UK fans are as pessimistic as they come.

boxvic
09-14-2017, 09:50 AM

Its our right as UK fans. lol

GR8NESS
09-14-2017, 10:46 AM

You would be too if you had to root for Kentucky football. 31 straight losses to Florida. Like how is that even remotely possible.

MKfromPA
09-14-2017, 05:24 PM
You would be too if you had to root for Kentucky football. 31 straight losses to Florida. Like how is that even remotely possible.

26 straight losses to Tennessee, too, from 1985 to 2010.

Yeah, it's pretty bad to be a UK football fan. I understand.

GR8NESS
09-14-2017, 05:35 PM
26 straight losses to Tennessee, too, from 1985 to 2010.

Yeah, it's pretty bad to be a UK football fan. I understand.

I'm 25. We're 1-50 against those two in my life. (I was born after we played UF but before UT in my birth year).

Best conference record since 1977 is 4-4. That was our last season over .500 in conference. That was also the last regular season in which we won over 7 games.
We've been to two bowls outside of the state of Tennessee in my life.

I mean... yeah, how could we be negative? Lmao

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-14-2017, 08:40 PM
If you had a basketball coach that would recruit players that are not one and dones you would win a lot more NC's in basketball.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-14-2017, 08:42 PM
I came within a hair of picking Kentucky to win this game.

GR8NESS
09-14-2017, 09:42 PM
If you had a basketball coach that would recruit players that are not one and dones you would win a lot more NC's in basketball.

Yeah... 4 final fours in 7 years. We should totally get a new coach. Jesus Christ, SEC fans don't basketball.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Yeah... 4 final fours in 7 years. We should totally get a new coach. Jesus Christ, SEC fans don't basketball.

But the freshmen one and dones can't match up to the more experienced teams in the final 4. He was lucky enough to get John Wall back for a second season or he would have zero NC's despite a ton of final 4's. UK is the blue blood of blue blood programs. No reason they can't win an NC at least every 4 years. I mean these guys are one and done so quickly, most people can't even remember their names. I remember Walls and Davis in Cal's tenure. That's about it.

GR8NESS
09-15-2017, 09:59 AM
But the freshmen one and dones can't match up to the more experienced teams in the final 4. He was lucky enough to get John Wall back for a second season or he would have zero NC's despite a ton of final 4's. UK is the blue blood of blue blood programs. No reason they can't win an NC at least every 4 years. I mean these guys are one and done so quickly, most people can't even remember their names. I remember Walls and Davis in Cal's tenure. That's about it.

Yeah, we lost after winning 38 in a row because freshmen couldn't handle the final for. No wait, it was actually our sophomores who played in the national title game the year before (including one who hit game winning 3s in the S16, E8, and F4) who missed key shots at the end of the game.

John Wall? Second season? National title? Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

JRS
09-15-2017, 11:17 AM
If SC wins this game they can't win by a large enough margin to make up for the past 3 years.

SCgamecock2988
09-16-2017, 06:19 PM
UK is wearing all white. Should be a pretty cool spectacle.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Yeah, we lost after winning 38 in a row because freshmen couldn't handle the final for. No wait, it was actually our sophomores who played in the national title game the year before (including one who hit game winning 3s in the S16, E8, and F4) who missed key shots at the end of the game.

John Wall? Second season? National title? Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

So John Walls didnt come back for a second season? If not my memory is truly failing me. But embarrassing myself? No, not ever. Wrong here and there maybe, but George not embarrassed.

boxvic
09-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Yep, game over on the first play. That is UK football.

USC wins this one 60-7.

boxvic
09-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Yep. I don't want to like this sport anymore.

boxvic
09-16-2017, 07:55 PM
Well, looks like I'm going to start drinking really early.

boxvic
09-16-2017, 08:22 PM
If we have any chance to win this game, those are the kinds of drives we have to have: long, clock eating drives that end in a score.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-16-2017, 08:35 PM
I'm 25. We're 1-50 against those two in my life. (I was born after we played UF but before UT in my birth year).

Best conference record since 1977 is 4-4. That was our last season over .500 in conference. That was also the last regular season in which we won over 7 games.
We've been to two bowls outside of the state of Tennessee in my life.

I mean... yeah, how could we be negative? Lmao

You look good so far.

boxvic
09-16-2017, 08:42 PM
This is the Benny Snell that has been missing so far this year.

GR8NESS
09-16-2017, 09:17 PM
I am ficking blasted. But this has been fun

boxvic
09-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Wow our run defense has made huge strides over the last few years. I just witnessed UK make three straight tackles for a loss or no gain against the run.

boxvic
09-16-2017, 10:12 PM
South Carolina has all the momentum now. I'm sensing a UK Football Letdown™ coming on.

boxvic
09-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Holy ****... we might be kinda good.

I mean I'm not saying we are awesome or anything, but USC isn't nearly as bad as they looked in this game. Our defense really shined tonight.

GR8NESS
09-17-2017, 12:03 AM
I god I'm so glad I got season tickets

boxvic
09-17-2017, 12:10 AM
Sucks that Samuel broke his leg though, that dude is a play maker.

GR8NESS
09-17-2017, 02:43 AM
What a great night to be a Kentucky fan and brutal night to be a USC fan. This game + Clemson f*cks Louisville up. Love it. Kentucky double baby

MKfromPA
09-17-2017, 11:29 AM
Congrats on the win, UK!

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-17-2017, 02:51 PM
...I think UK's offense just isn't good enough. Losing arguably our 2 best offensive players during training camp has killed our offense, plus the Jeff Badet transfer.

Kentucky's star LB Jordan jones will not play due to a shoulder contusion. We ****ed.

USC 42 UK 13

Just stop... You probably just need to be quiet about your football team. You are embarrassing yourself.

You had to know that was coming back at you. lol.

What comes around goes around.

Meanwhile, SwineSmeller's pregame comments were>>

I don't count UK out for a single second.

I came within a hair of picking Kentucky to win this game.

GR8NESS
09-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Just stop... You probably just need to be quiet about your football team. You are embarrassing yourself.

You had to know that was coming back at you. lol.

What comes around goes around.

Meanwhile, SwineSmeller's pregame comments were>>

Go check out the degenerate gamblers thread. ;)

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Go check out the degenerate gamblers thread. ;)

Congrats on the win, Gr8ness. I truly understand your sometimes pessimistic views when it come to UK football. But you guys have a pretty darn good team this year, may prove the best in 20 years. Even the national gurus had you guys marked as a solid team coming in.

That said, I will dance in my living room if you guys can break the Florida jinx next Saturday. And this is the year to do it. Go Big Blue!