Notre Dame/UGA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame/UGA

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 07:48 PM
UGA's dbs are not starting well.

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 07:55 PM
That was a weak holding call vs Blazevich. We'll see if they call it on ND.

Dawg4life
09-09-2017, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry Baker, but you didn't need to push him.

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Chubb was starting to roll and Chaney goes completely away from him. Same stupid play that cost UGA the vandy game last year.

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 08:26 PM
UGA's defense is going have to carry them tonight, I fear. Chaney is not having a good play-calling game so far.

Dawg4life
09-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Defense and special teams look ready to make the 2nd year jump.

If Smart puts all of his chips into Chaney he's going to make the same mistake that Muschamp did in his first coaching job with his OCs.

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Come on Dawgs hunker down.

Dawg4life
09-09-2017, 09:17 PM
Please take Chaney out back and shoot him.

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 09:42 PM
Please take Chaney out back and shoot him.

It's like every game it seems like he forgets that UGA has TE's. He has no in-game adjustments.

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 09:53 PM
That was the sorriest f-ing no call on holding. They tackled him and would the UGA defender would have sacked Wimbush.

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Chaney absolutely sucks.

Bama_Man
09-09-2017, 10:32 PM
Ive never saw two teams drop so many passes. It's wild. Chaney gets a lot of hate, but he dialed up perfect PA pass after the Carter sack/fumble but Hardman just dropped it.

Dawg4life
09-09-2017, 10:49 PM
I'll give it to the defensive coaching. Outside of a play or two here and there, much better than last year even with poor discipline. This is an offense that should be really good this year that they're defending.

Chaney and on the offensive end.... ????

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Come on UGA!

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 11:00 PM
Yes! Gain of 30 right after i said it!

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 11:03 PM
Yes! Got the lead!

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 11:12 PM
As bad as UGA's has played they still have a chance to win it if they can just get a few 1st downs.

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Chubb runs so much better with an inside/ outside option. Running him inside into a 8 man front is just wasting him.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Need just two yards and the game is Georgias.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 11:15 PM
Dang it. One lousy yard gives ND a last shot. Dammit all.

Dawg4life
09-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Phew.

BALL GAME.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 11:19 PM
GAME!!! Huge win! Congrats Dawgs!!

lbzdually
09-09-2017, 11:19 PM
what a play by bellamy. sack, fumble and recovery by the Dawgs. Woooooooooohohhohohohoohhohhohhhhhhohohooooooooo!! ! Games like these are why I have to go on blood pressure meds Monday.

Cuz
09-09-2017, 11:21 PM
Ring the damn bell!

ugabrad
09-09-2017, 11:23 PM
YESSS!!!! Beat the Irish and beat the odds. This was a good win for the Dawgs.

Cuz
09-09-2017, 11:26 PM
Power went out twenty minutes before the game in my whole neighborhood. Rode around and found out a huge tree decided to die across the main line that holds all power and cable. Huge tree. I was already listening to pregame so I continued like the old days of listineng to Larry during road games. Power comes on right before 9 pm. No cable. Call cable company. The main line is down and they are working on it. Cable comes back on and reboot works just long enough for me to catch the Bellamy sack.

I am okay with it.

GO DAWGS!

Cuz
09-09-2017, 11:28 PM
YESSS!!!! Beat the Irish and beat the odds. This was a good win for the Dawgs.

So I get a win in the Vegas and Pickems. LOL. Great game brad.

BamaHoHo
09-10-2017, 09:03 AM
Great win! Congrats Dawgs!

MKfromPA
09-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Congrats on the W, UGA!!! Love to see ND lose but I was more impressed by UGA to go into South Bend, hang with the home team, come back and hold on for the victory.

IllinoisDawg63
09-10-2017, 11:12 PM
Whew....made it thru with a W!! Was camping and getting fair radio clearance on 750AM from Atlanta. Heard the dropped pass to Mecole Hardman.....expressed my upset. Fortunate that our D is playing so well. Expect us to be 4-0 going to UT. May even be decent game vs the West Bulldogs.
Are we gonna be able to contain Callaway(UT)?....he's definitely showing his athleticism. Don't care to hear Vols ********ting about 3 straight W's.

Sent from my K90U using Tapatalk

Herchel
09-11-2017, 06:17 AM
Got back last night. Had a great time. There were at least 20,000 Dawg fans there.

Dawg in Dallas
09-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Great win. The defense looks awesome. The Offense still finding its way, but for a true Freshman QB, that wasn't terrible.

ugabrad
09-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Got back last night. Had a great time. There were at least 20,000 Dawg fans there.

The photos of the crowd make it look like more than that. There seems to be a pretty high percentage of red in those photos.

Dawg in Dallas
09-11-2017, 11:20 AM
The photos of the crowd make it look like more than that. There seems to be a pretty high percentage of red in those photos.

It was quite impressive.

Herchel
09-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Could be 30,000. I think the stadium holds 72,000.

YR_Tiger
09-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Awesome win..... Congrats Dawgs!

JDThirstyAg
09-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Congrats on the win in South Bend.

lbzdually
09-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Could be 30,000. I think the stadium holds 72,000.

ND fans are absolutely pissed. They are mad that UGA fans were able to get their hands on so many tickets. They are blaming the loss on that and poor officiating. Nevermind ND holding almost every play, including the one where a UGA defender got tackled, the phantom hold on the Holyfield KO return and the bullcrap second hands to the face call on Rochester. UGA was by far the best team on the field and ND was lucky to have been in it at the end.

ECDawg78
09-12-2017, 08:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=89&v=AsPrDwfchkA

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-12-2017, 11:09 AM
ND fans are absolutely pissed. They are mad that UGA fans were able to get their hands on so many tickets. They are blaming the loss on that and poor officiating. Nevermind ND holding almost every play, including the one where a UGA defender got tackled, the phantom hold on the Holyfield KO return and the bullcrap second hands to the face call on Rochester. UGA was by far the best team on the field and ND was lucky to have been in it at the end.

UGA went there and took the game. The Dawgs played hard until the end, which is why they won the game. That's what I saw.

Herchel
09-12-2017, 04:51 PM
How bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what I said to ND's 247 writer.

We had a blast.

The Notre Dame fans were great. We toured the campus on Saturday morning, and met more great ND fans. Every fan base has some jerks, but we we like to think of ourselves as a classy fan base. It is a pleasure to visit a similar fan base. My ND friend hosted us. He has a condo on Napolean down from Brothers. My wife and I were there with 5 ND couples.I brought a Texas Fifth of Bourbon and a case of Yuengling. There was tons of food.The afternoon was great. We watched Meatchicken(that's what we call Michigan in GA), and socialized. I have 10 new friends.
The game atmosphere was also great. I was in section 21, row 48. It was equally divided between ND and UGA fans. We sat next to a nice ND couple and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Both fan bases were pulling hard for their team, but there was no trash talking or bad behavior. Just a guess, but drunk frat boys couldn't afford the trip. One Dawg fan paid someone $4K for his seat on a flight.
After the game we rented a cab to our car. Several Notre Dame kids were looking for a ride, so we let them pile in with us.
I only have one road trip to challenge this experience. Before the SEC expanded the UGA/UK game was always played at night on Breeders Cup weekend. We would go to Keenland, bet the ponies and get liquored up, then go to Commonwealth for the game. If ND had a track, it would be no contest.

I am greatly anticipating 2019 when I will host my ND friends. However, don't expect to see 30,000 ND fans in the stands. UGA sells out every game, 92,746. I think I understand what happened at ND. You are a small school and most of your grads live elsewhere. My ND friend lives in Kenosha, WI. Vandy has the same problem. A lot of your season ticket holders are subway alums and saw a chance to make a profit. That won't happen at UGA. We are the flagship school of the state, and are 1 hour from Atlanta, population 5,000,000. Also, I think allegiances are different in the North. Many are NFL fans. The #1 sport in the South is CFB. The #2 sport is HS football. The #3 sport is 'cruitin. The #4 sport is NFL.

As for the game, here is my uneducated opinion of what happened.
UGA was very sloppy on offense, dropped a TD pass, overthrew another probable TD, penalty after penalty. Great special teams play negated by penalties.
Credit to your DC. He stacked the box so a freshman QB would have to beat you. It almost worked.

Our front seven was just too fast. Your tackles couldn't block Bellamy (17) and Carter (7). I don't think you will face a better front seven than UGA's.No one blocked Smith (#3). He must have made 15 tackles. No team is fast enough to run outside on this defense.

Bama_Man
09-12-2017, 05:40 PM
ND fans are mad at the officiating? I thought ND clearly got most of the close calls. ND can NEVER complain about calls at home.

Dawg in Dallas
09-12-2017, 05:50 PM
It will be interesting to see if a passing QB can get some throws against the secondary (if he has the time). The ND QB I believe is more of a runner than a passer and there were some opportunities that he missed - though again that could have been the pressure. So far, though the defense looks like the best we have seen at UGA in a few years

On Offense, it will be interesting to see what happens when Eason is ready. I get the feeling the team "likes" Fromm more, but he doesn't have the arm that Eason has or quite the knowledge of the playbook. Of course, Fromm was hurt by a couple of drops. The OL looks like a work in progress and still a weak link, which may improve as Kindley gets healthier...

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-12-2017, 07:11 PM
So far, though the defense looks like the best we have seen at UGA in a few years

No doubt. I thought the same thing watching the game. The defense reminded me of those confident, stifling defenses that Georgia had back in the 90's. I'm betting they will only get better from here.

Dawg4life
09-12-2017, 08:07 PM
The officiating in this game was amateur hour at times. Georgia's mistakes in this game, mostly penalties and the bad fumble, are the only reason why Georgia didn't win by 10-14. There was a number of drives in which were stopped without bad penalties, sometimes unnecessary ones. And the Holyfield return...the holding really wasn't necessary to spring him.

Georgia looks better than last year but it's really still wait and see. I hope Samford isn't another Nicholls...

Herchel
09-13-2017, 09:39 AM
This is the best front seven we have had in a while.

lbzdually
09-13-2017, 04:25 PM

Agreed. When Parrish comes back it will help the secondary greatly. All they have to do is stay with their guy and the front seven will get pressure. ND only had success when they ran quick, short passing plays.

Dawgilicious
09-13-2017, 05:49 PM
The officiating in this game was amateur hour at times. Georgia's mistakes in this game, mostly penalties and the bad fumble, are the only reason why Georgia didn't win by 10-14. There was a number of drives in which were stopped without bad penalties, sometimes unnecessary ones. And the Holyfield return...the holding really wasn't necessary to spring him.

Georgia looks better than last year but it's really still wait and see. I hope Samford isn't another Nicholls...

That and the Mecole drop that prob would of led to another TD, but that is how it goes. We committed way too many penalties and some of them were un-needed. ND is better than last year as well. All-in-all it was a pretty good game. Let's pray that we put Samford down early and hurt their mood. We should handle them, but we said that last year about Nicholls

NDSMC78
09-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself. It was a pleasure to meet you in person after posting on this on other boards over the years.

NDSMC78
09-13-2017, 09:17 PM

You guys have an outstanding front seven. Probably the best D we will see all year.

Herchel
09-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Glad you enjoyed yourself. It was a pleasure to meet you in person after posting on this on other boards over the years.
The pleasure was all mine.