ARKANSAS vs tcu [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : ARKANSAS vs tcu

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Arkansas actually opened as a 1 1/2 point favorite over their old SWC stepchild tcu. All the early money in Vegas went on tcu, (fools), hence the shift in the line to tcu -3 1/2.

Facts:

Arkansas is 31-3 against TCU in the last 34 meetings. Bet y'all didn't know that.

At one time, from 1959 thru 1980, Arkansas won 22 in a row against tcu, and at that time it was the longest win streak in the nation for one team against another.

That is why you always pick Arkansas to beat TCU. Especially in Vegas if you can get Arkansas as an underdog. FREE MONEY.

Cuz
09-06-2017, 01:51 AM
The year of the Hog. I am all WPS. I can feel it. Yeah, I have been drinking, so what.
BB for coach of the year. Look out West, here come the Hawgs after they beat the Frawgs.
We beat them 34-3 when I was in Athens. Kick their posterior.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-06-2017, 08:18 AM
The year of the Hog. I am all WPS. I can feel it. Yeah, I have been drinking, so what.
BB for coach of the year.

lol

TCU will win easily.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-06-2017, 11:45 AM
lol

TCU will win easily.

And your true kulak colors come out. I had long suspected you were a.kulak. now we know.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-06-2017, 01:45 PM
And your true kulak colors come out. I had long suspected you were a.kulak. now we know.

Kulaks are the people who fire Bobby Petrino for a coach that can't even win nine games in a season here. Houston Nutt won nine or more games several times here. We can do a lot better than BB. I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt he will.

Herchel
09-06-2017, 01:50 PM

I was there.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-07-2017, 03:53 PM

The Hogs will gash tcu with the run game. tcu,s defensive line and linebackers are dwarfed by Arkansas' size up front. By the middle of the third quarter tcu will be gasping.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-07-2017, 05:15 PM
The Hogs will gash tcu with the run game. tcu,s defensive line and linebackers are dwarfed by Arkansas' size up front. By the middle of the third quarter tcu will be gasping.

Patterson has proven he can produce a consistent winner. Arkansas will likely be crushed like a grape.

MKfromPA
09-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Go Hogs

DBS
09-09-2017, 07:49 AM
I have no idea about this game. I'm hoping for a hog blowout!

Just Some Hog Dude
09-09-2017, 01:30 PM
I have no idea about this game. I'm hoping for a hog blowout!

The Hogs are going to get destroyed.

MKfromPA
09-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Let's Go Hogs, WPS!!! :towel:

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 07:14 PM
The politics of the Allen name at Arkansas has decimated our program. I said right here 4 years ago that Beilema would ride the Allens to his death. I could care less now if Beilema goes 0-8 in the SEC and gets fired. That what he needs at this point. His stubbornness to give another QB a chance is appalling.

You can say what you want, as Bubba does about no blocking, no receivers, ect...ect...ect... The guy that gets the ball in his hands every snap is the one that has to make things happen. Today was full evidence that the QB has no umph.

Beilema has a 6' 7" 275 lb QB that is NFL bound sitting on the sidelines watching...For what? The sake and politics of the Allens.

Bama_Man
09-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Dude the OL was horrendous today. As a neutral party, I can't blame Allen when he was getting decimated all game and had zero running attack.

The Zou
09-09-2017, 07:20 PM
The politics of the Allen name at Arkansas has decimated our program. I said right here 4 years ago that Beilema would ride the Allens to his death. I could care less now if Beilema goes 0-8 in the SEC and gets fired. That what he needs at this point. His stubbornness to give another QB a chance is appalling.

You can say what you want, as Bubba does about no blocking, no receivers, ect...ect...ect... The guy that gets the ball in his hands every snap is the one that has to make things happen. Today was full evidence that the QB has no umph.

Beilema has a 6' 7" 275 lb QB that is NFL bound sitting on the sidelines watching...For what? The sake and politics of the Allens.

I get it, Doctor! But having no skin in this game... I felt like Allen was rushed constantly. And I didn't expect THAT from TCU...

Was it poor blocking? Or did TCU have a great scheme?? Idk... (and I haven't seen stats) but my impression was that there was more pressure on Allen than I expected.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Dude the OL was horrendous today. As a neutral party, I can't blame Allen when he was getting decimated all game and had zero running attack.

Go back and watch again. Allen had an easy 3 to 4 count all day long in the pocket. He was scared to throw the ball and let his receivers make a play. I watched every play of the game. When he went long he overthrew the ball every time but once, and he under threw that one and got a lucky flag to extend the drive. I blame it all on the coach though. He is a doof.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 08:15 PM
You guys seriously dont understand the NW Arkansas football politics that stuck us with 5 years of Allens. Daddy coach and all that. "Groomed from Fayetteville High School". Im sure that has all been fine with our opponents though.

Aransas has never sucked this bad for this long. We had not went over three years without a 9 win season since 1957, until now. Rock bottom is where the program is at now.

Bama_Man
09-09-2017, 08:28 PM
You guys seriously dont understand the NW Arkansas football politics that stuck us with 5 years of Allens. Daddy coach and all that. "Groomed from Fayetteville High School". Im sure that has all been fine with our opponents though.

Aransas has never sucked this bad for this long. We had not went over three years without a 9 win season since 1957, until now. Rock bottom is where the program is at now.
I can't comment on the politics, have no idea. But, it's clear TCU dominated the LOS today and really put Ark behind the 8-ball. No running game at all allowd the TCU defenders to just pin their ears back and rush the QB. I watched some during the Bama TV TOs and went back and forth, so I didn't see all the bad throws or anything. Just saw what I did, the TCU D roasting the Ark O.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-09-2017, 08:38 PM
I can't comment on the politics, have no idea. But, it's clear TCU dominated the LOS today and really put Ark behind the 8-ball. No running game at all allowd the TCU defenders to just pin their ears back and rush the QB. I watched some during the Bama TV TOs and went back and forth, so I didn't see all the bad throws or anything. Just saw what I did, the TCU D roasting the Ark O.

You said it right... arkansas was dominated by TCU. There is where the program has gone to. We coulnt beat a single power conferece team in the nation right now. Houston Nutt has to be laughing himself to sleep at night.

Cuz
09-09-2017, 11:34 PM
Sorry about the loss Doc and crew. I was hoping the Hawgs could get it together. Tough when you run into something like this. We had this in the Ray Goff era. He forgot Terrell Davis, NFL Hall of Famer, but Terrell never forgot Georgia.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Sorry about the loss Doc and crew. I was hoping the Hawgs could get it together. Tough when you run into something like this. We had this in the Ray Goff era. He forgot Terrell Davis, NFL Hall of Famer, but Terrell never forgot Georgia.

As witnessed here in the archives, I campaigned hard for Kirby Smart at Arkansas back when we hired the Pillsbury Doughboy. No one seemed to hear that around Arkansas. You guys have a good long term coach I think. He will give UGA stability.

MKfromPA
09-10-2017, 11:02 AM
The Hogs are going to get destroyed.

Well you were right. Can't fault you there. Though we may have had a closer game or different outcome had Arkansas not missed two FGs or turned them both into TDs.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Well you were right. Can't fault you there. Though we may have had a closer game or different outcome had Arkansas not missed two FGs or turned them both into TDs.

The defense played good for most of the game. I was actually impressed with them.

zud the hut
09-10-2017, 05:37 PM
But I do get a sense that Arkansas fans are growing weary of Bret. I remember when he came into the league, he said that they were going to run the ball and they did. But, what has happened with that?

Really Big Bama Fan
09-10-2017, 07:20 PM
But I do get a sense that Arkansas fans are growing weary of Bret. I remember when he came into the league, he said that they were going to run the ball and they did. But, what has happened with that?
There is nothing wrong with power smash-mouth football. It should work well against defenses built to stop spread offenses, but you must have the big bruisers that can crush the opposing team. Arkansas is not to that point yet.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-10-2017, 09:09 PM

Their main problem is not being able to put a complete football team on the field. When we have had good defenses we have had bad offenses and vice versa. Place kicking has been bad the entire time.

Nebraska tried to hire Bielema after the 2014 season and our AD gave him a big buyout in response to it. Looks like we might be stuck with him this season and next if the boosters don't step up and buy him out.

The best Arkansas fans came hope in the immediate future is the offense improving a lot over the course of the season. I think they might have the talent to do that. There are a ton of four star recruits on that side of the ball. It is possible that their issue is a lack of experience particular among the receivers and tight ends.

Bama_Man
09-11-2017, 12:28 AM
Their main problem is not being able to put a complete football team on the field. When we have had good defenses we have had bad offenses and vice versa. Place kicking has been bad the entire time.

Nebraska tried to hire Bielema after the 2014 season and our AD gave him a big buyout in response to it. Looks like we might be stuck with him this season and next if the boosters don't step up and buy him out.

The best Arkansas fans came hope in the immediate future is the offense improving a lot over the course of the season. I think they might have the talent to do that. There are a ton of four star recruits on that side of the ball. It is possible that their issue is a lack of experience particular among the receivers and tight ends.

Starts at the LOS. I can't remember the last time I watched Arkansas and was impressed by the OL.

zud the hut
09-11-2017, 02:36 AM

All I heard the talking heads say is what Bama man is saying: the o line sucks. And hearing that makes me wonder what happened?

Really Big Bama Fan
09-11-2017, 07:46 AM
All I heard the talking heads say is what Bama man is saying: the o line sucks. And hearing that makes me wonder what happened?
Perhaps blocking schemes that are too complex? Smash-mouth will work with linemen that just pancake the man in front of them and backs that can run to the daylight.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-11-2017, 08:19 AM

It is pretty much the same o-line from last season that moved the ball against most opponents. I think the greater issue is inexperience among the receivers and tight ends. They are not in sync with Allen right now.

MKfromPA
09-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Starts at the LOS. I can't remember the last time I watched Arkansas and was impressed by the OL.

Probably at least 10 years...

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Texas A&M is going to roll over Arkansas.

A&M at least has an offense. Arkansas doesn't.