UT vs GT [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UT vs GT

GoAU
09-04-2017, 10:01 PM
2nd half and the Volvo have only run 28 or so plays. They've gotta get GT off the darn field!

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Yeah they do. UT has to find a gear on offense or they are done in this one.

Dawg4life
09-04-2017, 10:11 PM
When you have a whole offseason to prepare and you're not prepared for Paul Johnson's adjustments that is BAAADDD.

GoAU
09-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Touchdown Vols! D needs a stop now.

GoAU
09-04-2017, 11:07 PM
Huge turnover, just when I was thinking it was over!

GoAU
09-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Huge drive to tie it up with a minute and a half to go.

SCgamecock2988
09-04-2017, 11:14 PM
This turned into a really good game. Glad I stuck with it, and UT just scored. 28-27 pending XP.

SCgamecock2988
09-04-2017, 11:20 PM
Tennessee is kind of blowing it again but if it comes down to a long GT FG I like this game's chances to go to OT.

SCgamecock2988
09-04-2017, 11:21 PM
Welp here we go.

SCgamecock2988
09-04-2017, 11:24 PM
I sort of called that.

GoAU
09-04-2017, 11:47 PM
UT wins in double OT. The Champions of Life rallied at just the right time. Congrats Vols!

SCgamecock2988
09-04-2017, 11:49 PM
ACC went o'fer.

Cuz
09-04-2017, 11:52 PM
Congrats Vols. Amazing comeback. The team refused to give up.

zud the hut
09-04-2017, 11:54 PM
ACC went o'fer.
Wait a minute, the ACC is the strongest and best conference in the nation!

rstew3
09-05-2017, 12:14 AM
thankful for the win in this one. We found a couple of new playmakers in Kelly and Calloway, and showed some heart to stay in this one and win. Having 2 LBs out really made the young guys have to step up, and a couple of them did. We have a lot to do to tie all of this young talent together.

Djshockley3
09-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Lucky joke of a team

rstew3
09-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Lol. Is that you Mary?

Cuz
09-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech moved the ball pretty much at will on the ground. I hate facing that running attack every year. Hopefully, we have the hosses to slow it down this year.

Herchel
09-05-2017, 10:42 AM
UT gave up 33 1st downs and 550 yards rushing.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Congrats UT fans. Regardless of all this and that, your team showed true grit.

Bama_Man
09-05-2017, 02:45 PM
The better team didn't win !ast night, GT dominated.

Cuz
09-05-2017, 02:51 PM
As an alum of the team that has to face them every year, Uggh.

They sure ate up some clock and racked up the yards.

YR_Tiger
09-05-2017, 03:21 PM
UT gave up 33 1st downs and 550 yards rushing.
holy cow...

rstew3
09-05-2017, 05:25 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to say the better team didn't win, as the team consists of Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. GT absolutely dominated when they had the ball though, and certainly I will admit that their offense was better than our defense except for 3 plays. I know most will say GT's offense is a flukey system, but their QB marshal is absolutely a perfect fit. UT's defense was just not ready for him. On most plays UT was in the right spot, but he made plays anyway. I am glad this was a neutral site game and not a home and home. I don't want to face them again in the next 3 years.

UT's offense struggled which is to be expected when you are starting all new weapons, but in the end, they made the plays that counted and scored quickly (42 points on 59 total plays). John Kelly came through and looks like he will be a great back for us the next couple of years. Dormady was serviceable, but he needs to get his timing down with the new receivers. He did better in the second half, but an SEC defense takes at least 2 of those throws the other way.

Our Special teams look solid with Berry returning kicks and our punter and FG kickers being consistent. All in all, it wasn't a bad opener considering we escaped with the win. Lots to work on before next week and into SEC play.

Djshockley3
09-05-2017, 06:37 PM
The better team didn't win. Ga Tech missed 2 FG's and had 2 fumbles that led to UT scores.

Bama_Man
09-05-2017, 07:20 PM
The better team didn't win. Ga Tech missed 2 FG's and had 2 fumbles that led to UT scores.

Exactly. GT have the game away. GT was just better but choked it away.

rstew3
09-05-2017, 09:35 PM
So, GT missed 1 field goal, had one blocked, and lost 2 fumbles that were forced by UT's defense. Without those that were CAUSED by UT, GT potentially wins by 17.

FSU threw 2 interceptions and lost 1 fumble. Without those, FSU wins by 4 so they are the better team? Is that how it works?

Bama_Man
09-05-2017, 11:33 PM
So, GT missed 1 field goal, had one blocked, and lost 2 fumbles that were forced by UT's defense. Without those that were CAUSED by UT, GT potentially wins by 17.

FSU threw 2 interceptions and lost 1 fumble. Without those, FSU wins by 4 so they are the better team? Is that how it works?

Did FSU rush for 500 yards,get 33 first downs?
Bama missed two FGs, so of we play what if Bama still wins.

GT fumbled inside the ten yard line. It took a miraculous comeback for UT to win.

Watching the game, how can anyone believe UT was better?

zud the hut
09-05-2017, 11:45 PM
It doesn't matter. It happens all the time. The only thing that history will remember is the score and the win.

Cuz
09-06-2017, 02:08 AM
All I can say is I cut off the sound so I would not hear Rocky Top over and over and pulled for the Orange. I lost on point in the Vegas Pick ems but I was damn glad my SEC Vols came back and won the game.
I would pull for Cuba over Tech. And I will pull for any SEC team over Tech. UT, we have our own back and fourth and that is fine. Last night, I was just enamored of those girls in the checkerboard overhauls. Oh, and you team never gave up.
Now that means something. Most other teams would have tossed in the towel. Your team did not. I respect that. Just like I hate it, but I respect what you did in Athens last year. I was on Broad street at an outside cafe when Dawg fans came pouring out saying we win. I asked a person who was celebrating if the game was over. He said, just about, they only got (it was ten or seven seconds). I orderd another beer and said, we are going to lose. The drunk idiots thought I was crazy. Crazy like a fox. Sat there and waited. The groan on Broad could be heard to the Library.
I sat drinking my beer and stopped UT fans to talk when there was a large crowd of Dog fans wandering around. I congratulated them and said be safe. I am too old and in too much pain to worry about losing a game. What I saw last night was the same not give up attitude. Keep it up and who knows where it will take you. Long post by an old man. I hope it was worth reading.

Cuz
09-06-2017, 02:13 AM
Did FSU rush for 500 yards,get 33 first downs?
Bama missed two FGs, so of we play what if Bama still wins.

GT fumbled inside the ten yard line. It took a miraculous comeback for UT to win.

Watching the game, how can anyone believe UT was better?

The thing that was better was UT did not give up when most teams would have. That may be the difference in the Coach keeping or losing his job this year. They did not give up in Athens last year and won on an unbelievable Hail Mary. I think UT is better than we give them even with the yards they gave up. If you play GT, you are going to give up yards and clock. We play them every year. It is the way it works. They wear out our defense because we no huddle. That fourth quarter for us is a killer against GT. Which is why I despise them and the grin on Paul Johnson's face.

Herchel
09-06-2017, 01:13 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/tennessee-had-a-motivational-trash-can-on-the-sidelines-last-night-and-it-was-perfect/

zud the hut
09-06-2017, 04:39 PM

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/tennessee-had-a-motivational-trash-can-on-the-sidelines-last-night-and-it-was-perfect/
Goodness gracious!

Herchel
09-06-2017, 05:09 PM
The thing that was better was UT did not give up when most teams would have. That may be the difference in the Coach keeping or losing his job this year. They did not give up in Athens last year and won on an unbelievable Hail Mary. I think UT is better than we give them even with the yards they gave up. If you play GT, you are going to give up yards and clock. We play them every year. It is the way it works. They wear out our defense because we no huddle. That fourth quarter for us is a killer against GT. Which is why I despise them and the grin on Paul Johnson's face.
This is a first. I have never seen a Chi O with a beard.

Djshockley3
09-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Champions of Life.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Good job UT. Too bad aggie couldn't deliver. Hopefully Arkansas will deliver versus TCU. It will take a miracle though.

rstew3
09-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Champions of Life.

Georgia State Champions at the moment

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-06-2017, 06:45 PM
I would pull for Cuba over Tech..

Lol.

JSHD would too. But with him it would be for political reasons.

rstew3
09-06-2017, 07:08 PM

I think most UT fans were even asking WTF during the game. If the players like it, whatever, but I just don't see how these gimmicks are expected to provide more motivation to get a turnover.

I don't get the trash cans, gold chains, etc. If I were a player, i would want one of the cheerleaders as a prize. That's what ended up happening in high school anyway. What happened to that? (please note that I don't mean to exclude anyone or use improper pronouns for sexual orientation with these comments, cough, Aggies, cough...)

MKfromPA
09-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Belated congrats to UT on the win!

Djshockley3
09-07-2017, 04:40 AM
Georgia State Champions at the moment

Not Tennessee State Champions though.

ECDawg78
09-07-2017, 08:48 AM
I don't get the trash cans, gold chains, etc. If I were a player, i would want one of the cheerleaders as a prize. That's what ended up happening in high school anyway. What happened to that? (please note that I don't mean to exclude anyone or use improper pronouns for sexual orientation with these comments, cough, Aggies, cough...)

Booch has already tried that one, though it was directed at any female who was in the general Knoxville vicinity.........

Tennessee settles sexual assault suit for $2.48 million

by Nate Rau and Anita Wadhwani, The Tennessean
July 5, 2016

The University of Tennessee-Knoxville has reached a settlement in a lawsuit about sexual assaults involving student-athletes, ending a dispute that pitted eight young women against the $126 million football program.

UT will pay the plaintiffs $2.48 million, a sum that also includes fees for their attorneys.

School officials also agreed to the appointment of a special independent commission to review the response to sexual assaults at all universities within the UT system.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2016/07/05/tennessee-settles-sexual-assault-suit-248-million/86708442/?cookies=&from=global

SavageOrangeJug
09-07-2017, 10:00 AM
I think most UT fans were even asking WTF during the game. If the players like it, whatever, but I just don't see how these gimmicks are expected to provide more motivation to get a turnover.

I don't get the trash cans, gold chains, etc.
I get it. Butch Jones is at times an idiot. If the guy spent as much time coaching fundamentals as he does on cliches, slogans, and gimmicks we would be a lot better off.

Club level seats in the new stadium offer field level access. One of the few time I have been tempted to actually enter the field. I wanted to snatch that can. No one could believe that damn can.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-07-2017, 03:57 PM
I get it. Butch Jones is at times an idiot. If the guy spent as much time coaching fundamentals as he does on cliches, slogans, and gimmicks we would be a lot better off.

Club level seats in the new stadium offer field level access. One of the few time I have been tempted to actually enter the field. I wanted to snatch that can. No one could believe that damn can.

It apparently worked. That last GT turnover was the game. The UT players were obviously fired up with that trash can dunk. You can bet the can will be there next game. I loved it!

Bama_Man
09-07-2017, 06:25 PM

I can't say much, Bama does that silly thing with the WWE style belt but even that's not as bad as that dumb trash can lol

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-08-2017, 04:09 PM
I wish the Pigs had a corn trough on the sideline.