UGA /App St. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UGA /App St.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Well the traded punts first drives. UGA's O-line got no push, I'm hoping this gets fixed as the game goes on.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Please do what was done vs TCU. You don't have to not run, but the traditional offensive stuff that this team wants to run is not going to work until they get bigger OL.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Eason looks bad. Not getting his feet set and making bad decisions. He just may not have what it takes to be a SEC QB.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Eason is hurt get Fromm in there.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Damn, Eason may be hurt bad. I wanted him to get in his groove and see what he could do. I was hoping to see Fromm in mop up duty, not like this.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Fromm getting the plays called for him that Eason should have been getting.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 06:51 PM
This game is going by quick. That bodes well for ASU.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Like I said, until Georgia gets the players on the OL to be a traditional offense, they need to completely stop being stubborn and just play in the spread...and Tuberville even talked about it. It's bad when you have an announcer talking about it on the first freaking game, even if he's getting names wrong.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Spread it out. Run and pass through it. Win comfortably.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 06:56 PM
The refs need to call the after the play BS that ASU is doing. Fromm may be UGA's QB from here on out.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Fromm looks good, but the plays are much better. I hope Eason is ok, but Fromm just looks like a natural.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Exactly, this team until they get the players on the OL for it needs to just abandon the idea of being a traditional offense, and it doesn't mean you can't run. I want to run, I like running.

If it continues to dance on the line of being traditional and spread, it's going to blow games just over the power struggle of this. Just embrace it, until you have the OL to do what you want.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 07:14 PM
6'4" Wims going and getting it!!!! TD Dawgs.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Does. The. Coaching. Staff. Get. The. Message.

Until you have the young big uglies on the OL, you absolutely cannot try to run traditional stuff. It won't work.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 07:22 PM
D-line is getting after it.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Somebody shut Tuberville up.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Fromm is putting too many balls up for grabs.

GR8NESS
09-02-2017, 07:27 PM
The SEC East is once again hot, runny dog s h i t

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Smart should have called a TO and given the offense another 30 seconds to work with.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Man why be conservative?

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Man why be conservative?

I'll guarantee you Saban would have called a TO and went for more points, so you would think Smart would have learned from that.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Considering how slowly and methodically App State runs their offense, they shouldn't be a threat now but I really, really hope the coaching staff lays their egos aside and realizes what they need to do to be successful on offense or I think we're all going to be very unhappy midway through the first quarter next week. Until you get the players you want on the OL, you are not going to be able to run traditional stuff on offense.

Cuz
09-02-2017, 08:15 PM
If we cannot get Eason back in the game we are doomed.

ugabrad
09-02-2017, 08:25 PM
So what is the story on Eason? I was watching the game at a sports bar so there was no sound. Didn't feel like getting drunk, so I came home (where I have no access to the game).

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 08:25 PM
I can't stand these announcers. Tuberville is clueless, didn't even know Michel was a senior, and keeps questioning every call against ASU.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 08:43 PM
This defense is going to be nasty when some of the younger guys get more experience. Holding ASU scoreless through 3 is not bad though.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 08:49 PM
App State isn't a bad Sun Belt team but they are still a Sun Belt team and not a major. They are a diet SEC team in my eyes haha.

ugabrad
09-02-2017, 08:50 PM
This defense is going to be nasty when some of the younger guys get more experience. Holding ASU scoreless through 3 is not bad though.

Their offense is supposed to be their strength, so this does bode well so far for our defense. I hope it continues in this mode, though I did see a few classic Bulldog failures to shut down 3rd and long in the first half.

Cuz
09-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Hell. It appears that Fromm is the one. Just let him read the play book and get ready for Notre Dame.

Not the Cliff Notes version.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Their offense is supposed to be their strength, so this does bode well so far for our defense. I hope it continues in this mode, though I did see a few classic Bulldog failures to shut down 3rd and long in the first half.

I had Vol fans telling me that UGA would find out how good ASU was this year. I expected the defense to hold ASU under 20, but not this.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-02-2017, 09:04 PM
No Michiganesque upset here. Go Dawgs!

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Dangit Ramsey is going to blow the shutout.

Cuz
09-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Dangit Ramsey is going to blow the shutout.

Fecal matter happens.

Cuz
09-02-2017, 09:21 PM
If they are still playing Ramsey, there is no confidence that Eason comes back for the Gold Domers.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Mike Bobo whiffed badly on Ramsey.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 09:35 PM
If they are still playing Ramsey, there is no confidence that Eason comes back for the Gold Domers.

I don't think it's an ACL, but imo even if it's not he won't be back for at least this game.

Djshockley3
09-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Ramsey is a joke

Cuz
09-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Fromm will start Notre Dame. Even if Eason is healthy, which I doubt the coaches would do after Fromm's showing. I see Eason coming back if it is a sprain in the fourth game. If it is more, longer.

Cuz
09-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Ramsey is a joke

That would be a no feces.

Cuz
09-02-2017, 10:09 PM
I don't think it's an ACL, but imo even if it's not he won't be back for at least this game.

Then what is it? You have never been hesitant to give your opinion before.

Cuz
09-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Time for someone else to post. I don't post much.

Dawg4life
09-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Then what is it? You have never been hesitant to give your opinion before.

I think it's just a sprain, which no matter how weak it might be...he's out for sure next week and at worst might be gone for the month. Fromm might be better (honestly if Eason can't settle in nerve wise he likely is) but this is not a good thing because Ramsey is so bad.

But we won't know if whether it's an ACL or not until early in the week. Don't think it's that but it's still possible.

But it's the same thing with both QBs. You cannot rely on traditional pro style stuff on offense. Drop this power struggle before it hurts you. If you don't, it's going to hurt you probably as soon as next week.

Cuz
09-02-2017, 10:38 PM
I think it's just a sprain, which no matter how weak it might be...he's out for sure next week and at worst might be gone for the month. Fromm might be better (honestly if Eason can't settle in nerve wise he likely is) but this is not a good thing because Ramsey is so bad.

But we won't know if whether it's an ACL or not until early in the week. Don't think it's that but it's still possible.

But it's the same thing with both QBs. You cannot rely on traditional pro style stuff on offense. Drop this power struggle before it hurts you. If you don't, it's going to hurt you probably as soon as next week.

Last paragraph was the best and the one I agree. Gotta work with what we have at QB, not what you as a coach want.

MKfromPA
09-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Congrats on the win, UGA! Convincing for sure. I thought App State would've put up more of a fight. Now go get Notre Dame!!

Dawg4life
09-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Congrats on the win, UGA! Convincing for sure. I thought App State would've put up more of a fight. Now go get Notre Dame!!

And the funny thing is...there's a Georgia fan at the "other board" that said "if Georgia doesn't win by 30+, I will continue to be really mad at Kirby Smart".

lbzdually
09-03-2017, 02:45 PM
What a lot of UGA fans are missing is that Eason did exactly what Fromm did last year. He came in for Lambert for a struggling offense and they moved the ball against UNC. I firmly believe that Chaney was just trying different things at the start because he knew how the defense was behind them. UGA has to use the spread runs for the time being, because they just don't have the power running game right now.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-03-2017, 02:47 PM
What a lot of UGA fans are missing is that Eason did exactly what Fromm did last year. He came in for Lambert for a struggling offense and they moved the ball against UNC. I firmly believe that Chaney was just trying different things at the start because he knew how the defense was behind them. UGA has to use the spread runs for the time being, because they just don't have the power running game right now.

With UGA's running backs, I think worrying about the running game for the long term is a waste of good worrying time. They will come around, and sooner than later most likely.

Herchel
09-03-2017, 02:55 PM
With UGA's running backs, I think worrying about the running game for the long term is a waste of good worrying time. They will come around, and sooner than later most likely.
We rushed for 221 yards, and Chubb and Michel didn't play the 4th quarter.

Dawg4life
09-03-2017, 03:23 PM
I thought Georgia played fairly well but the offensive story sadly was a wash, rinse, and repeat from last year from after the Florida game.

Georgia starts out in traditional pro style formations, is heavily leaning on the run, and struggles to do anything on offense, then changes to spreading it out on offense and starts moving the ball in both the pass and the run. This all done with Eason until yesterday, who has some serious flaws.

While I think App State is a solid mid level team and Notre Dame is overrated, we're still talking about a different song and dance with Notre Dame. If Georgia does the SOS against Notre Dame, they are going to fall behind and have to play catch up, which is not a good situation to be in, especially if Jake Fromm is starting, which I have a feeling he will be (even if Eason isn't an ACL, and I don't feel like it's that bad, he's still most likely out for a minimum the next game, and probably for the month).

Georgia's defense should be very good this season, but they don't need to be dealing with the power struggle between playing to win and playing to the philosophy that the coaching staff wants on the offensive end. It is hard for a defense to continue fighting and shutting out an opponent when the offense is struggling. The offense might be average outside of the RBs but that can play if the coaching staff can swallow their egos.

Dawg4life
09-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Outside of the fact that it looks like Nick Chubb and Sony Michel might just split carries this season instead of it being pre-dominantly one guy, and D'Andre Swift might get some consistent playing time out wide to get him out on the field, I was disappointed with Chaney, it was the SOS.

Herchel
09-03-2017, 03:35 PM
I thought Georgia played fairly well but the offensive story sadly was a wash, rinse, and repeat from last year from after the Florida game.

Georgia starts out in traditional pro style formations, is heavily leaning on the run, and struggles to do anything on offense, then changes to spreading it out on offense and starts moving the ball in both the pass and the run. This all done with Eason until yesterday, who has some serious flaws.

While I think App State is a solid mid level team and Notre Dame is overrated, we're still talking about a different song and dance with Notre Dame. If Georgia does the SOS against Notre Dame, they are going to fall behind and have to play catch up, which is not a good situation to be in, especially if Jake Fromm is starting, which I have a feeling he will be (even if Eason isn't an ACL, and I don't feel like it's that bad, he's still most likely out for a minimum the next game, and probably for the month).

Georgia's defense should be very good this season, but they don't need to be dealing with the power struggle between playing to win and playing to the philosophy that the coaching staff wants on the offensive end. It is hard for a defense to continue fighting and shutting out an opponent when the offense is struggling. The offense might be average outside of the RBs but that can play if the coaching staff can swallow their egos.

Having read your posts for a while, you seem to be a glass half empty guy.

Just a thought. Maybe Chaney thought we could out man them, and didn't want to show ND anything. When it didn't work against 8 in the box, he opened it up.

As an old guard, I watch the O line closer than most.
Here's my opinion.
Wynn played well, as he should. Thomas held his own, which is good for a freshman in his 1st game.
Simms isn't a SEC caliber player.
galliard did fine.
Baker played OK.
If Kindley is healthy, the O line will be fine.

lbzdually
09-03-2017, 09:29 PM
Having read your posts for a while, you seem to be a glass half empty guy.

Just a thought. Maybe Chaney thought we could out man them, and didn't want to show ND anything. When it didn't work against 8 in the box, he opened it up.

As an old guard, I watch the O line closer than most.
Here's my opinion.
Wynn played well, as he should. Thomas held his own, which is good for a freshman in his 1st game.
Simms isn't a SEC caliber player.
galliard did fine.
Baker played OK.
If Kindley is healthy, the O line will be fine.

Yes sir, there is a reason was named starter and the fact that he the best guard on the team should bode well when he gets healthy and plays. He's 6'4" 340, vs a 6'3" 300 lbs guy replacing him. He should fix a lot of the interior running game. Wims and Fromm seem to have a trust in each other and that will only get better. I'm hoping it was just a matter of not wanting to show Nauta to ND, but he should get 7-8 targets a game at least. Swift is a force on offense. He's a better blocker than anyone UGA has had the past few years at WR, then you have his elite receiving skills add his ability at RB and he will be part of a 3 headed monster at RB with Herrien and Zeus next year. I think Fields has to look at this game and see how he can see the field next year as UGA currently has no running threat at QB.