Florida and Michigan [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Florida and Michigan

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Bound to be a good game. Talent on both teams. The Wolverines are favored by 3 1/2 points. I have to think Harbaugh has the upper hand in this game. Talent on both teams for sure. I'l be pulling for the Gators, but this is a tough row to hoe.

It is the best time of the year. College football is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MKfromPA
09-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Go Blue :)

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Go Blue :)

Gotta say Go Gata in this one!

MKfromPA
09-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Gotta say Go Gata in this one!

I know, you pulling for the SEC. I will be very surprised if UF wins with all the players out. I know all the UF fans on here will hate me for not picking them. This is UM's game to lose.

lbzdually
09-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Should have been targeting and Bush ejected. Meechegan got away with one.

GR8NESS
09-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Texted a buddy "Uh oh. UF found a QB."

He immediately falls over himself on the next drop back. Perfect timing by me.

Bama_Man
09-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Should have been targeting and Bush ejected. Meechegan got away with one.
Thought so too. Seemed like textbook targeting to me.

zud the hut
09-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Michigan just looks like a better team to me.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-02-2017, 04:49 PM

The reason one would assume Michigan to be the better team is Spaight. The reason Michigan is behind 17-10 is Spaight.

Go figure.

Go Gata!!

Bama_Man
09-02-2017, 04:59 PM

I dunno. Frank's looks better than Speight and we don't know what O'Korm can do

Bama_Man
09-02-2017, 05:01 PM
There is NO WAY to eject the UF DB if they didn't eject the UM LB.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-02-2017, 05:40 PM
There is NO WAY to eject the UF DB if they didn't eject the UM LB.

Agreed. I think the officials got it right. UF is going to have to find some offense at some point or they will lose in the end.

zud the hut
09-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Same problem from last year for UF, no offense and QB, whicheverone, play is not consistent.

Bama_Man
09-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Same problem from last year for UF, no offense and QB, whicheverone, play is not consistent.
Took words from my mouth. Maybe it's different without the suspensions, but with no QB play, UF won't beat good teams.

MKfromPA
09-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Nice win, Michigan. Congrats, Storm.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Harbaugh should win the Big 10. Ohio State defense has holes.

Bama_Man
09-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Harbaugh should win the Big 10. Ohio State defense has holes.
Penn State is best B10 team I believe.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Penn State is best B10 team I believe.

Harbaugh is on Saban's pay scale for good reason. They will only get better as the season goes. Not that Penn State isn't solid.

Bama_Man
09-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Harbaugh is on Saban's pay scale for good reason. They will only get better as the season goes. Not that Penn State isn't solid.
I don't think UM had to show much to beat UF. PSU is more complete, a Heisman front runner at RB and a great QB.

Herchel
09-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Joey Galloway said it best. What was UF trying to accomplish on offense? He so no plan.

ECDawg78
09-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Joey Galloway said it best. What was UF trying to accomplish on offense? He so no plan.

TampaGator September 2, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Spurrier said this week he would take an OC job. Why not fire Nussmeier now and let Steve take over the offense for the rest of the year. I guarantee you we will see some better offense if he did take over the talent on that side of the ball. Nussmeier is a joke of an OC.

michael September 2, 2017 at 9:04 pm

It pains me to say this Gator Nation, but this is the beginning of the end of McElwain. He’s now into year 3 to have found his QB and the semblance of an offense. He has failed on both counts. Some may make the excuse that the ineptness against Michigan was due to missing players. But the problems go much deeper. Poor offensive line play, defense couldn’t contain edges, and QBs with zero polish. Keep in mind that McElwain’s forte is offense. So if past results are indicative of future games, don’t hold your breath on this team getting much better.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/09/dooley-grades-gators-inept-areas/

The hot seat talk is gathering steam already........

MKfromPA
09-03-2017, 11:10 AM
I don't think UM had to show much to beat UF. PSU is more complete, a Heisman front runner at RB and a great QB.

Florida is a much better team than any school Penn State will see, until they play Michigan on October 21.

lz2112
09-03-2017, 04:12 PM
TampaGator September 2, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Spurrier said this week he would take an OC job. Why not fire Nussmeier now and let Steve take over the offense for the rest of the year. I guarantee you we will see some better offense if he did take over the talent on that side of the ball. Nussmeier is a joke of an OC.

michael September 2, 2017 at 9:04 pm

It pains me to say this Gator Nation, but this is the beginning of the end of McElwain. He’s now into year 3 to have found his QB and the semblance of an offense. He has failed on both counts. Some may make the excuse that the ineptness against Michigan was due to missing players. But the problems go much deeper. Poor offensive line play, defense couldn’t contain edges, and QBs with zero polish. Keep in mind that McElwain’s forte is offense. So if past results are indicative of future games, don’t hold your breath on this team getting much better.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/09/dooley-grades-gators-inept-areas/

The hot seat talk is gathering steam already........

Even Spurrier in his prime could not create a decent offense around an offensive line that couldn't block a snow pea.

Herchel
09-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Even Spurrier in his prime could not create a decent offense around an offensive line that couldn't block a snow pea.
When you have 12 yards rushing, It doesn't matter who the QB is.

Bama_Man
09-03-2017, 05:18 PM
Florida is a much better team than any school Penn State will see, until they play Michigan on October 21.
That may be so, but UM doesn't play anyone either.

Cuz
09-03-2017, 06:53 PM
The OL seems to be a large problem. In these days you can win the East one year and be fired the next.
I thank God there was no social media back when I was in school or Vince would have been fired in 1979. And we may have lost the greatest College tailback ever. Herschel had a strong OL that was experienced.

MKfromPA
09-03-2017, 11:50 PM
That may be so, but UM doesn't play anyone either.

No, but I think we can know more about Michigan from this game than from Penn State against Akron. We won't know anything true about Penn State until they play at Iowa, who no, is not a difficult opponent, but it will be a true road game in conference. Iowa did shut down Josh Allen & UW, 24-3, who is considered by analysts to be the #1 pick in the 2018 Draft.

ugabrad
09-04-2017, 12:49 AM
The OL seems to be a large problem. In these days you can win the East one year and be fired the next.
I thank God there was no social media back when I was in school or Vince would have been fired in 1979. And we may have lost the greatest College tailback ever. Herschel had a strong OL that was experienced.

I guess that putting "For Sale" signs in the coach's yard (with the photo showing up in the newspapers) doesn't quite have the same influence as message boards and facebook...

Cuz
09-04-2017, 12:25 PM
I guess that putting "For Sale" signs in the coach's yard (with the photo showing up in the newspapers) doesn't quite have the same influence as message boards and facebook...

I can neither confirm or deny I had anything to do with it. I believe copious amounts of alcohol were involved.

ugabrad
09-05-2017, 12:22 AM
I can neither confirm or deny I had anything to do with it. I believe copious amounts of alcohol were involved.

As well as a loss to Wake Forest and a shutout (31-0) by Virginia at homecoming. There were a lot of upset fans at that time.

Storm
09-09-2017, 12:13 AM
Playing catch up

Neither of those hits were targeting. Refs got them right

I haven't seen speed on a UM defense like this in ages. The way they attacked the FLA running game made FLA look slow

Speight is still the best option at QB, but that's kind of scary

psu is ridiculously overrated, as is their jump ball throwing QB. Michigan beat them 49-10 last year. The only issue with the pedsters will be playing in Crappy Valley at night.

Bama_Man
09-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Playing catch up

I haven't seen speed on a UM defense like this in ages. The way they attacked the FLA running game made FLA look slow

psu is ridiculously overrated, as is their jump ball throwing QB. Michigan beat them 49-10 last year. The only issue with the pedsters will be playing in Crappy Valley at night.
They won their bowl game, and beat tOSU. Two things UM did not. With how ****ty Speight looked, would you really take him over McSorley? And PSU is clearly ahead at RB. UM is better on D, but PSU is a better offensive tram and they get UM at home.

MKfromPA
09-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Playing catch up

Thank you! :) I'm not crazy after all.

Storm
09-12-2017, 02:06 PM
I'll take a better defense over a better offense any day of the week. A lot of UM offense issues right now are simply timing and getting use to each other. 2 WR's we are trotting out there on the regular are true freshman. Speight still needs to a better job hitting the open guy, but he's also a game manager.

I'm more shocked by Ty Isaacs emergence and Chris Evans' lack of production than anything

zud the hut
09-12-2017, 03:02 PM
I'll take a better defense over a better offense any day of the week. A lot of UM offense issues right now are simply timing and getting use to each other. 2 WR's we are trotting out there on the regular are true freshman. Speight still needs to a better job hitting the open guy, but he's also a game manager.

I'm more shocked by Ty Isaacs emergence and Chris Evans' lack of production than anything
The better team won but Florida looks like a hot mess.

Herchel
09-12-2017, 04:58 PM
The better team won but Florida looks like a hot mess.
More like a steaming pile.

Bama_Man
09-12-2017, 05:38 PM

The UM defense might be best in the nation. But, right now, I believe the PSU D is slightly ahead of the UM O, so that's why I believe they are best team.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-12-2017, 07:22 PM
More like a steaming pile.

https://theclumpany.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/maxresdefault.jpg

Storm
09-13-2017, 11:29 AM
The UM defense might be best in the nation. But, right now, I believe the PSU D is slightly ahead of the UM O, so that's why I believe they are best team.

Pitt moved the ball pretty well on them. 2 games in, hard to say. I'm looking forward to the challenge Air Force will give this UM defense. Defending that option is not an easy task

Bama_Man
09-13-2017, 03:52 PM
Pitt moved the ball pretty well on them. 2 games in, hard to say. I'm looking forward to the challenge Air Force will give this UM defense. Defending that option is not an easy task
Dude AF will be lucky to score. With that much speed on defense, the option has no chance of working. It's one of those name the score games.
When is UMs first true B10 test? On the road against a team like Maryland or playing one of the big boys like PSU or Wisconsin, jus curious. Theres only like 2-3 teams capable of beating UM in B10 unless Sleight plays like he did v. UF, in that case a tough road game against a decent Iowa or Nebraska like team could be rough.