PDA

View Full Version : LSU-BYU game

Herchel
08-29-2017, 11:47 AM
Moved to the Superdome

Really Big Bama Fan
08-29-2017, 11:49 AM
Moved to the Superdome

Hopefully the New Orleans pumping system is fully operational.

MKfromPA
08-29-2017, 02:29 PM
I think it was foolish to move the game to NOLA. The area will receive much rain from the tropical storm and could potentially flood. I believe Orlando and Nashville to be better choices, but if they weren't willing, then oh well.

ALA2262
08-30-2017, 08:42 AM
Canceled according to the online betting sites.

http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

zud the hut
08-30-2017, 03:19 PM
This game was sort of like a bowl game in that it has a sponsor, Advocare, and it's supposed to be a neutral site game. NOLA is like a home game for LSU. But it wasn't up to LSU to move it there. Advocare and ESPN own this game. And ESPN has all those millions of dollars of ads that they sold. So, they aren't going to change the start time of the game because they're going to run those ads just like they sold them.

LSU nation isn't going to complain about this relocation.

zud the hut
08-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Note to Florida, this is how to handle a serious hurricane which was much more prolific than the one that you didn't handle last year. Going up to almost game time saying that the game will be played in Gainesville and then right before the game, canceling it. That was bullshoot!

Herchel
08-30-2017, 03:49 PM
Note to Florida, this is how to handle a serious hurricane which was much more prolific than the one that you didn't handle last year. Going up to almost game time saying that the game will be played in Gainesville and then right before the game, canceling it. That was bullshoot!
You are expecting cognitive thought from a lizard?

zud the hut
09-02-2017, 11:19 PM
Starting the 3rd quarter with LSU leading 14-0.

MKfromPA
09-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Tigers win, 27-0. Not much of a fight from BYU. LSU clearly has more talent and wore down BYU as the game went on. Not surprised by the outcome here, considering BYU had issues with Portland State at home last week.

zud the hut
09-03-2017, 11:59 AM
I predicted that we would contend for the national title last year and ended up with egg on my face.

The reason I predicted that we would contend for the national title was becuz we had so many returning starters. And they were good, you only had to look at the NFL draft to see how good they were.

We had 15 players missing from our roster to play the game becuz of suspensions and injuries. As a result, we had a bunch of freshman starting and playing in the game as support. It's kind of surprising to see how well they played in the game. This game of football is funny and one never knows it all, nor can one predict what is exactly going to happen.

But from what I seen last night, this LSU team is very good and we'll have to wait and see just how good they are as they get into their SEC schedule. It's only the first game but the score is not indicative of the arse whooping LSU laid on BYU. BYU never crossed the 50 yard line and had a total of -5 yards rushing. How does anyone get negative 5 yards rushing? The score could have easily been 50-0.

Bama_Man
09-03-2017, 12:37 PM
SS, I told ya LSU would cover :p

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-03-2017, 02:31 PM
SS, I told ya LSU would cover :p

Yes you did. I missed that spread. I though BYU would at least put up a couple of TD's. They looked sick. When they first lined up, the first thing I noticed was the size difference. LSU dwarfed them. That glance had me thinking it may indeed turn into a long night for BYU. Tanner was in awe of the Tigers I think. They were in his head from the start.

Dr.SwineSmeller
09-03-2017, 02:34 PM
I did pick LSU to win in the pick 'ems though. I'm not completely stupid.

MKfromPA
09-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Yes you did. I missed that spread. I though BYU would at least put up a couple of TD's. They looked sick. When they first lined up, the first thing I noticed was the size difference. LSU dwarfed them. That glance had me thinking it may indeed turn into a long night for BYU. Tanner was in awe of the Tigers I think. They were in his head from the start.

Yeah and they did not play well against Portland State in the opener. Only 20 points against FCS competition?? BYU may be a decent team, but no way they can compete with the elite teams in the SEC.

Dawg4life
09-03-2017, 05:06 PM
I knew that BYU was going to struggle to do anything at all on offense when I saw they were poor offensively vs Portland State.

Cuz
09-03-2017, 06:55 PM
I did pick LSU to win in the pick 'ems though. I'm not completely stupid.

No, not completely. :towel:

YR_Tiger
09-05-2017, 03:20 PM
Beat the Jesus team like a rented mule...they never got the ball pass mid field

FreddieMac
09-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Beat the Jesus team like a rented mule...they never got the ball pass mid field

https://i.imgflip.com/xfk8y.jpg

YR_Tiger
09-06-2017, 03:57 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/xfk8y.jpg

They did get the ball passed midfield? I did not see it watching the game and just checked the play by play log and dont see where BYU crossed the 50.

MKfromPA
09-08-2017, 05:58 PM
They did get the ball passed midfield? I did not see it watching the game and just checked the play by play log and dont see where BYU crossed the 50.

You are correct, BYU did not. LSU's defense totally shut them down. :)