Is Austin Allen the SEC's Best QB? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Is Austin Allen the SEC's Best QB?

Dr.SwineSmeller
08-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Offensive coordinator Dan Enos has reported that thus far in fall camp that 5th year senior QB Austin Allen has thrown only one interception. Is Allen potentially that good, or is the Razorback secondary that bad?

Just Some Hog Dude
08-17-2017, 05:30 PM
He looked really good early in the season last year before 100 sacks took a toil on his psyche.

Herchel
08-17-2017, 05:37 PM
I had him #2. Did he just have surgery?

Dawg in Dallas
08-17-2017, 08:52 PM
I thought it was supposed to be Auburn's QB, just like last year and the year before...

Just Some Hog Dude
08-18-2017, 03:11 AM
I had him #2. Did he just have surgery?

You must be thinking of somebody else.

zud the hut
08-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Well, he could be.

Herchel
08-18-2017, 04:51 PM
I thought it was supposed to be Auburn's QB, just like last year and the year before...

LMAO. Johnson, now Stidham.

Dr.SwineSmeller
08-18-2017, 09:55 PM
He looked really good early in the season last year before 100 sacks took a toil on his psyche.

I think you are correct. The key for Allen will definitely be the o-lines ability to protect him in the pocket. If they can do that consistently, Austin should have a great season. He threw for 3500 yards and 28 TD's last year.

MKfromPA
08-19-2017, 11:30 AM
Allen has the potential. If he wins the big games this season, I'll call him the best QB in the SEC.

Just Some Hog Dude
08-19-2017, 02:27 PM
I think you are correct. The key for Allen will definitely be the o-lines ability to protect him in the pocket. If they can do that consistently, Austin should have a great season. He threw for 3500 yards and 28 TD's last year.

It is strange. We went nearly two decades without having a quarterback drafted and now our last three starters were all drafted and I expect Austin to be drafted too. Who would have guessed this?

Too bad the SEC has been ridiculously good during this time and we have little to show for it outside of two really good seasons under Petrino.

The Zou
08-19-2017, 02:41 PM
It is strange. We went nearly two decades without having a quarterback drafted and now our last three starters were all drafted and I expect Austin to be drafted too. Who would have guessed this?

Too bad the SEC has been ridiculously good during this time and we have little to show for it outside of two really good seasons under Petrino.

Remember that time you wanted to go to Big 12 so that you could win more games? Stoops is gone from OU now... so I bet you could go undefeated! :)

Jesting aside -- AR has had a good run at QB and I want to see how good AA is. Best in SEC?? -- sounds shocking, but is it?

PS: Yall need to beg Petrino to come back; it was unfair the way you treated that man and unbecoming of a school that cares about winning!! :) :) :)

Just Some Hog Dude
08-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Remember that time you wanted to go to Big 12 so that you could win more games? Stoops is gone from OU now... so I bet you could go undefeated! :)

Jesting aside -- AR has had a good run at QB and I want to see how good AA is. Best in SEC?? -- sounds shocking, but is it?

PS: Yall need to beg Petrino to come back; it was unfair the way you treated that man and unbecoming of a school that cares about winning!! :) :) :)

The SEC is fun but winning is fun too and with this ridiculous Bama juggernaut most SEC fans are not having fun anymore. I am not the only one.

ugabrad
08-19-2017, 04:01 PM
The SEC is fun but winning is fun too and with this ridiculous Bama juggernaut most SEC fans are not having fun anymore. I am not the only one.

We've lived through this before and the SEC teams will survive this one. Saban won't be at 'Bama forever, unless he really is Satan.

Herchel
08-19-2017, 04:40 PM

Who are those three QBs. Matt Jones? He was drafted as a WR, and coked his way out of the league. The guy that was better than Stafford, I forget his name? He was the QB who was kicked off the Texans. Who was the third, and where is he playing.

Just Some Hog Dude
08-19-2017, 05:38 PM
Who are those three QBs. Matt Jones? He was drafted as a WR, and coked his way out of the league. The guy that was better than Stafford, I forget his name? He was the QB who was kicked off the Texans. Who was the third, and where is he playing.

Ryan Mallett, Tyler Wilson, and Brandon Allen

I think Casey Dick was the starter after Matt Jones.

MKfromPA
08-26-2017, 10:18 AM

Spot on, JSHD. :)

AA ought to at least get a look next spring, if not be selected.

Herchel
08-26-2017, 01:45 PM

Oh yeah, Mallett. He was the one you said was better than Stafford.