Predict UT's season [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Predict UT's season

Herchel
08-14-2017, 02:24 PM
Sept. 4: vs. Georgia Tech | Mercedes-Benz Stadium | Atlanta

Sept. 9: vs. Indiana State

Sept. 16: at Florida

Sept. 23: vs. Massachusetts

Sept. 30: vs. Georgia

Oct. 7: OFF

Oct. 14: vs. South Carolina

Oct. 21: at Alabama

Oct. 28: at Kentucky

Nov. 4: vs. Southern Miss

Nov. 11: at Missouri

Nov. 18: vs. LSU

Nov. 25: vs. Vanderbilt

ALA2262
08-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Sept. 4: vs. Georgia Tech | Mercedes-Benz Stadium | Atlanta-L

Sept. 9: vs. Indiana State-W

Sept. 16: at Florida-L

Sept. 23: vs. Massachusetts-W

Sept. 30: vs. Georgia-L

Oct. 14: vs. South Carolina-W

Oct. 21: at Alabama-L

Oct. 28: at Kentucky-L

Nov. 4: vs. Southern Miss-W

Nov. 11: at Missouri-W

Nov. 18: vs. LSU-L

Nov. 25: vs. Vanderbilt-W

6-6 (3-5)

Herchel
08-15-2017, 11:10 AM
Sept. 4: vs. Georgia Tech | Mercedes-Benz Stadium | Atlanta-L

Sept. 9: vs. Indiana State-W

Sept. 16: at Florida-L

Sept. 23: vs. Massachusetts-W

Sept. 30: vs. Georgia-L

Oct. 14: vs. South Carolina-W

Oct. 21: at Alabama-L

Oct. 28: at Kentucky-L

Nov. 4: vs. Southern Miss-W

Nov. 11: at Missouri-W

Nov. 18: vs. LSU-L

Nov. 25: vs. Vanderbilt-W

6-6 (3-5)

Great minds think alike.

rstew3
08-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Been a while since I have visited the site. I don't know why, but my iPhone / iPad will no longer pull up SECF. Anyway, since I have not been around in a few weeks, I am interested to see some of my SECF brethren's opinions on the Vols. Why do most think UT will have a disappointing season? After last year with injuries decimating us, and dropping some games that we shouldn't have, you can't get much more disappointed.

On offense, UT loses Dobbs at QB, Malone at WR, and Kamara. Obviously these guys were the majority of our offensive production, but the guys coming in behind them are not bums. I actually think this year's offense has the potential to be more dynamic. The QB battle is between 2 guys who both have better passing games than Dobb's which will open up the passing threat. At WR, we will be led by Jennings who is an absolute beast, with some great speed from other guys. Double JJ, and get burned. I don't think Kelly is as dynamic as Kamara, but he is a workhorse that is going to move the chains. In all, I don't see a big drop in production on O if the OLine can block and allow the new QBs time to acclimate to the game. As an optimist, I think this years team can actually be better.

On defense, we are solid everywhere except LB. We had so many injuries last year, we never had an consistency build. With all of these guys back, I look to see them grow from just being tremendous individual athletes to actually playing more as a cohesive unit.

All of that said, there were high expectations last year that did not pan out for various reasons but we were still very competitive in almost all of our games. I think the low expectations this year are beneficial to us because I really don't think the teams in the East have shown anything that says they will be much improved. If the teams around us stay about the same, UT could easily end up 9-4 or better and take the east.

Sept. 4: vs. Georgia Tech - WIN - I hate this game right out of the gate. GT is tough to scheme for so hopefully we will have had enough time to prepare for their offense. On talent alone, we should win, but never count out GT to come up with a surprise. I just hope we don't lose any players to injury fighting off the chop blocks.

Sept. 9: vs. Indiana State - WIN

Sept. 16: at Florida - WIN - I think UT is finally over the hump. We should have won this game the last 4 years and finally got past the mental block last year. Is there a reason to think Florida is any better this year?

Sept. 23: vs. Massachusetts - WIN

Sept. 30: vs. Georgia - LOSS - I don't think Georgia are world beaters, but they will be looking for payback in this game. On paper, they have more talent. Can Kirby actually use it better than Richt?

Oct. 14: vs. South Carolina - WIN

Oct. 21: at Alabama - LOSS - I think anything is possible, but until UT can get some consistency here (close games every other year, then a blowout the next), I have to pick Bama. Maybe since they handed it to us last year, we make this one close, or even pull the upset.

Oct. 28: at Kentucky - WIN - Same as above, but in reverse. Until Kentucky can get some consistency, I will keep counting this as a win for UT

Nov. 4: vs. Southern Miss - WIN

Nov. 11: at Missouri - WIN

Nov. 18: vs. LSU - LOSS These guys have cursed us since 2001, why would it change this year.

Nov. 25: vs. Vanderbilt - WIN Payback will be a bitch in this one.

Bama_Man
08-15-2017, 03:19 PM
I have 6-6 (3-5) as well. Wins over ISU, UMass, USC, So Miss, Mizzou and Vandy.

zud the hut
08-16-2017, 12:13 AM
Been a while since I have visited the site. I don't know why, but my iPhone / iPad will no longer pull up SECF. Anyway, since I have not been around in a few weeks, I am interested to see some of my SECF brethren's opinions on the Vols. Why do most think UT will have a disappointing season? After last year with injuries decimating us, and dropping some games that we shouldn't have, you can't get much more disappointed.

On offense, UT loses Dobbs at QB, Malone at WR, and Kamara. Obviously these guys were the majority of our offensive production, but the guys coming in behind them are not bums. I actually think this year's offense has the potential to be more dynamic. The QB battle is between 2 guys who both have better passing games than Dobb's which will open up the passing threat. At WR, we will be led by Jennings who is an absolute beast, with some great speed from other guys. Double JJ, and get burned. I don't think Kelly is as dynamic as Kamara, but he is a workhorse that is going to move the chains. In all, I don't see a big drop in production on O if the OLine can block and allow the new QBs time to acclimate to the game. As an optimist, I think this years team can actually be better.

On defense, we are solid everywhere except LB. We had so many injuries last year, we never had an consistency build. With all of these guys back, I look to see them grow from just being tremendous individual athletes to actually playing more as a cohesive unit.

All of that said, there were high expectations last year that did not pan out for various reasons but we were still very competitive in almost all of our games. I think the low expectations this year are beneficial to us because I really don't think the teams in the East have shown anything that says they will be much improved. If the teams around us stay about the same, UT could easily end up 9-4 or better and take the east.

Sept. 4: vs. Georgia Tech - WIN - I hate this game right out of the gate. GT is tough to scheme for so hopefully we will have had enough time to prepare for their offense. On talent alone, we should win, but never count out GT to come up with a surprise. I just hope we don't lose any players to injury fighting off the chop blocks.

Sept. 9: vs. Indiana State - WIN

Sept. 16: at Florida - WIN - I think UT is finally over the hump. We should have won this game the last 4 years and finally got past the mental block last year. Is there a reason to think Florida is any better this year?

Sept. 23: vs. Massachusetts - WIN

Sept. 30: vs. Georgia - LOSS - I don't think Georgia are world beaters, but they will be looking for payback in this game. On paper, they have more talent. Can Kirby actually use it better than Richt?

Oct. 14: vs. South Carolina - WIN

Oct. 21: at Alabama - LOSS - I think anything is possible, but until UT can get some consistency here (close games every other year, then a blowout the next), I have to pick Bama. Maybe since they handed it to us last year, we make this one close, or even pull the upset.

Oct. 28: at Kentucky - WIN - Same as above, but in reverse. Until Kentucky can get some consistency, I will keep counting this as a win for UT

Nov. 4: vs. Southern Miss - WIN

Nov. 11: at Missouri - WIN

Nov. 18: vs. LSU - LOSS These guys have cursed us since 2001, why would it change this year.

Nov. 25: vs. Vanderbilt - WIN Payback will be a bitch in this one.
I really don't know what to think about Tennessee. But my guess would be somewhere around 8 wins. And as far as the East goes, I am thinking that UGA will win the East. They've gone through the transition and they've had several mediocre years and perhaps this is the year that they shake the doldrums. But I have been wrong with my gut feelings before so take this with a grain of salt.

GR8NESS
08-16-2017, 01:57 AM
I abstain because 0-12 isn't a choice.

rstew3
08-16-2017, 08:36 AM
I agree on Georgia. They SHOULD win the east, but that has been the case for a decade with the talent they've had. Kirby is taking that talent to even higher levels, but this year, not last is the transition for them. Last year in his first year he got a pass. This league is unforgiving beginning in year 2. If he doesn't win the east he will have more heat than Jones going into the offseason.

Herchel
08-16-2017, 08:55 AM
If he doesn't win the east he will have more heat than Jones going into the offseason.

True dat.

Dr.SwineSmeller
08-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Sept. 4: vs. Georgia Tech WIN

Sept. 9: vs. Indiana State WIN

Sept. 16: at Florida LOSS (JINXED)

Sept. 23: vs. Massachusetts WIN

Sept. 30: vs. Georgia LOSS

Oct. 14: vs. South Carolina WIN

Oct. 21: at Alabama LOSS

Oct. 28: at Kentucky WIN

Nov. 4: vs. Southern Miss WIN

Nov. 11: at Missouri LOSS

Nov. 18: vs. LSU WIN

Nov. 25: vs. Vanderbilt WIN

MKfromPA
08-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Sept. 4: vs. Georgia Tech W

Sept. 9: vs. Indiana State W

Sept. 16: at Florida W

Sept. 23: vs. Massachusetts W

Sept. 30: vs. Georgia L

Oct. 14: vs. South Carolina W

Oct. 21: at Alabama L

Oct. 28: at Kentucky W

Nov. 4: vs. Southern Miss W

Nov. 11: at Missouri W

Nov. 18: vs. LSU L

Nov. 25: vs. Vanderbilt W

The Zou
08-19-2017, 02:04 PM
Sept. 4: vs. Georgia Tech WIN

Sept. 9: vs. Indiana State WIN

Sept. 16: at Florida LOSS (JINXED)

Sept. 23: vs. Massachusetts WIN

Sept. 30: vs. Georgia LOSS

Oct. 14: vs. South Carolina WIN

Oct. 21: at Alabama LOSS

Oct. 28: at Kentucky WIN

Nov. 4: vs. Southern Miss WIN

Nov. 11: at Missouri LOSS

Nov. 18: vs. LSU WIN

Nov. 25: vs. Vanderbilt WIN

Me too!!

Herchel
08-19-2017, 04:34 PM
I had them losing to Yech, but Yech just dismissed their leading rusher.