Hal Mumme says he ‘turned in’ Ed Orgeron to NCAA over satellite camp issue [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Hal Mumme says he ‘turned in’ Ed Orgeron to NCAA over satellite camp issue

ECDawg78
06-15-2017, 11:55 PM
Hal Mumme says he ‘turned in’ Ed Orgeron to NCAA over satellite camp issue

by Matt Jennings
June 15, 2017

Hal Mumme wants the NCAA to investigate LSU football and head coach Ed Orgeron after the Tigers reportedly forced the cancellation of a satellite camp in Louisiana this week.

LSU reportedly pressured Louisiana high schools to prevent the Belahven University football program from using high school stadiums in Baton Rouge and Hammond for a satellite camp. Mumme, Belahven’s head coach, told 99.1 The Game in Birmingham that he reported the incident to the NCAA.

“I’ve turned (Orgeron) in to the NCAA,” Mumme said Wednesday. “I think the NCAA needs to go down there and look at that. I mean, I don’t see how a public figure at an SEC school can basically extort people into not using their facilities for the public good.”

The camp had been scheduled for Thursday. Coaches from the University of Texas were supposed to attend the camp, which is reportedly why LSU wanted it shut down.

LSU supposedly wants to limit the ability of out-of-state programs to recruit players from Louisiana. The program has also blocked Arkansas and Texas A&M from attending a camp in Louisiana this summer.

Mumme criticized Orgeron and LSU earlier this week for forcing the camp to shut down. He called Orgeron “paranoid Ed” and said closing down the camp only hurts the recruits.

Mumme was the head coach at Kentucky from 1997-2000. He is known for creating the Air Raid offense with Mike Leach, now the head coach at Washington State.

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/hal-mumme-ed-orgeron-ncaa-lsu

Dawg in Dallas
06-16-2017, 08:38 AM
That is pretty bush league. However, these satellite camps are a little out of control.

zud the hut
06-16-2017, 01:44 PM
So? LSU and Louisiana are not obligated to promote the University of Texas.