Mississippi State is going to the Final Four!!! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State is going to the Final Four!!!

Wave&Dawgs
03-26-2017, 10:22 PM
Our ladies knocked off Baylor tonight to make it to their first Final 4 in school history. Morgan William, all 5'5 of her, just played one of the most unbelievable games I have ever seen. 41 points, 7 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, and 0 turnovers. Just incredible.

msudawg4life
03-27-2017, 09:19 AM
Great accomplishment for MSU! Saw the video of the bus getting back into Starkvegas last night around 2AM..it was cool to see the amount of people that were out on the street cheering those girls on! They all deserved it 100%

Bama_Man
03-27-2017, 11:26 AM
That's a gigantic win. Baylor was thought to be only team that could challenge UConn, but MSU put the kibosh on that. Great win Lady Dawgs.

Naval Aviator
03-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Any time someone beats Baylor It's a good day. When and SEC team beats them to go to the Final Four It's a GREAT Day!

Wave&Dawgs
03-27-2017, 10:44 PM
I'll be interested in seeing how we do against UConn. I'm not expecting much, but someone has to beat them eventually, so why not us? Just hope it goes better than the bloodbath we suffered against them in the Sweet 16 last year.

SCgamecock2988
03-28-2017, 07:58 AM
We could very well have a South Carolina vs. Mississippi State Championship Game. Even crazier if UK had beaten UNC in the Men's we could be looking at a potential South Carolina vs. Kentucky Championship Game. SEC is silencing the doubters when it comes to our basketball.

Bama_Man
03-28-2017, 04:12 PM
We could very well have a South Carolina vs. Mississippi State Championship Game. Even crazier if UK had beaten UNC in the Men's we could be looking at a potential South Carolina vs. Kentucky Championship Game. SEC is silencing the doubters when it comes to our basketball.

I'm not sure State has the talent to beat UConn, but I can def see USC in title game.

Who does USC play on women's side?

Wave&Dawgs
03-28-2017, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure State has the talent to beat UConn, but I can def see USC in title game.

Who does USC play on women's side?

They play Stanford.

UConn is not invincible this year, they had close calls against Tulane and Florida St, so they can be had on an off night. Again though, they will definitely have to have an off night. I agree that we don't have the talent to hang with them if both teams are playing their A game. Like, if we play our A game and they play their C game then we have a shot.

Bama_Man
03-28-2017, 09:51 PM
They play Stanford.

UConn is not invincible this year, they had close calls against Tulane and Florida St, so they can be had on an off night. Again though, they will definitely have to have an off night. I agree that we don't have the talent to hang with them if both teams are playing their A game. Like, if we play our A game and they play their C game then we have a shot.

I agree w that. UConn doesn't have the Brianna Stewart type transcendent player this season, and if MSU can beat Baylor they've shown they're capable of beating anyone. Baylor was clearly second best team this season, some even had them beating UConn. So if State can beat them, there's a shot they take down Huskies and end winning streak.

I think Carolina beats Stanford tho, an all-SEC final would be awesome.