Next year is here [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Next year is here

GatorMan32
03-20-2017, 07:51 PM
The SEC has finally shown up, as a conference, in the Dance. 3 teams left standing, too.

SCgamecock2988
03-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Arkansas should've beaten UNC. To think, we as a conference could've had 25% representation of the Sweet 16 in this year's tournament..

kentubbybasketball
03-21-2017, 01:07 PM
Now, Robert Williams is coming back. TAMU will have the best frontcourt in the SEC next year and with DJ Hogg back, they are going to be for real. Hopefully, their PG situation with Caldwell actually being eligible will help as well.

The SEC is on the rise. That'll help this board come alive again too probably. lol

GatorMan32
03-21-2017, 02:57 PM
I think social media killed message boards, especially sports related sites. Just us hold overs now.

It is about time the SEC is moving up.

Naval Aviator
03-21-2017, 05:29 PM
Now, Robert Williams is coming back. TAMU will have the best frontcourt in the SEC next year and with DJ Hogg back, they are going to be for real. Hopefully, their PG situation with Caldwell actually being eligible will help as well.

The SEC is on the rise. That'll help this board come alive again too probably. lol

Can only hope you are correct, Sir.

Dawg4life
03-21-2017, 07:25 PM
Actually, I'd say secrant has stolen a lot of posters from here. I post on both (not with this name though).

(not saying this to advertise them, they're already popular enough)

GatorMan32
03-21-2017, 07:41 PM
Ahh well I don't know. I really don't use message boards. Not sure I know anyone who does now. This is it for me. Social media has a million groups to do the same thing. Learn something new.. I only post here out of familiarity with posters. Not interested personally in learning a new bunch.

Bama_Man
03-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Alabama will be better too. South Carolina, I'll be forever indebted. Taking out Duke like that was magical.

Agreed on UNC/Ark. If refs make right call with under a minute to go, Ark possibly wins. UF and UK both looked phenomenal, beating two good teams.

Dr.SwineSmeller
03-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Arkansas usually gets the screwing by the refs because they are Arkansas. Especially in games against big name opponents.

kentubbybasketball
03-22-2017, 09:23 PM
Arkansas maybe benefited from refs against Seton Hall also though. After how Arkansas treated UK the week before, it is hard foe me to feel tpo bad for Arkansas.

kentubbybasketball
03-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Can only hope you are correct, Sir.

Im telling you, all TAMU lacks is a PG. TAMU has good juniors for next year. If somebody has a better line up than Caldwell, Gilder, Hogg, Williams, and Davis, I don't know who it is.

I think Kentucky and Florida will both be good also. USC may take a step back if they cant find a second guy to run with Dozier. Auburn and MSU have guys with a year of experience, which puts them ahead of Bama, although Bama has the better coach of the three imo.

Id rank it as Kentucky, TAMU, Florida as the first tier. Then MSU, Bama, and Auburn in the second tier. All 6 should get bids. Ole Miss, UT, and UGA are capable of besting anybody. Watch out for Mizzou also if the recruiting dominos properly fall.

SCgamecock2988
03-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Actually, I'd say secrant has stolen a lot of posters from here. I post on both (not with this name though).

(not saying this to advertise them, they're already popular enough)

I post at SECRant as the same name I use here.

Dr.SwineSmeller
03-23-2017, 12:10 PM
Arkansas maybe benefited from refs against Seton Hall also though. After how Arkansas treated UK the week before, it is hard foe me to feel tpo bad for Arkansas.

It was what it was. Bottom line, UNC outscored Arkansas 10-0 in the final stanza.

Here is what I saw, I saw Mike Anderson go to a totally different philosophy in the final two minutes of the game that was the exact opposite of the philosophy he had successfully employed for the other 38 minutes of the game.

Why the heck you think you can quit attacking on offense for the full 25 seconds so to utilize 100% of your time finding an open lane, with a measly 3 point lead against a team the caliber of UNC, is beyond me.

To my eyes that was the difference in the game. It wasn't anything UNC did, it was what Arkansas didn't do.