Baylor's dumpster fire is still burning. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Baylor's dumpster fire is still burning.

Herchel
03-16-2017, 02:02 PM
http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Baylor-fires-second-athletics-official-this-year-for-inappropriate-behavior-416085923.html

Another Baylor athletics official has been fired amid the university's sex assault scandal.

KWTX learned Monday the university dismissed DeMarkco Butler, the associate director for football operations, over inappropriate text messages.

Butler was just hired by the university last month.

While Butler was let go because of inappropriate texts to a teenager, a school official indicated they were sent to an individual who was an adult under Texas statute.

When asked about the firing Monday, David Kaye, Baylor's director of athletics communications said in a statement, "DeMarkco Butler is no longer employed by Baylor University. As a personnel matter, we have no further comment."

Butler is the second person hired under new head football coach Matt Rhule the school has had to terminate.

Brandon Washington, Rhule's newly hired assistant strength coach, was fired after he was arrested in a prostitution sting in early February.

zud the hut
03-16-2017, 02:45 PM
This is neverending. And the thing of it is that it is a Christian college.

Bama_Man
03-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Good. Let it burn to the ground (metaphorically).

The Zou
03-21-2017, 08:36 AM
http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Baylor-fires-second-athletics-official-this-year-for-inappropriate-behavior-416085923.html

Another Baylor athletics official has been fired amid the university's sex assault scandal.

KWTX learned Monday the university dismissed DeMarkco Butler, the associate director for football operations, over inappropriate text messages.

Butler was just hired by the university last month.

While Butler was let go because of inappropriate texts to a teenager, a school official indicated they were sent to an individual who was an adult under Texas statute.

When asked about the firing Monday, David Kaye, Baylor's director of athletics communications said in a statement, "DeMarkco Butler is no longer employed by Baylor University. As a personnel matter, we have no further comment."

Butler is the second person hired under new head football coach Matt Rhule the school has had to terminate.

Brandon Washington, Rhule's newly hired assistant strength coach, was fired after he was arrested in a prostitution sting in early February.

Any word on the content of the texts?

This is neverending. And the thing of it is that it is a Christian college.

SMU is also a Christian college, but that didn't get in the way of "football"!! But more alarmingly, Baylor is a Baptist school... which would make me think they would be more stringent on the sex/drugs/R&R lifestyle... more less, gang rape, sexual assault & (supposedly) sex for recruitment schemes happening there.

Indeed, there is a lot of money in college football!!!

zud the hut
03-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Any word on the content of the texts?

SMU is also a Christian college, but that didn't get in the way of "football"!! But more alarmingly, Baylor is a Baptist school... which would make me think they would be more stringent on the sex/drugs/R&R lifestyle... more less, gang rape, sexual assault & (supposedly) sex for recruitment schemes happening there.

Indeed, there is a lot of money in college football!!!

Good point.

I suppose that it is the American way to sell your ethics to get to where you want to go.

Doing it with integrity is slower but longer lasting with a better impact.

I have to be honest...if I found a $100 bill then I would think that it is my lucky day and not necessary looking for its rightful owner...

The Zou
03-21-2017, 02:42 PM
I would say yes... and no. Perhaps you wouldn't seek to return the $100, but would you use it to coverup a crime? Or recruit criminals?

In the Baylor situation, the "cover-up" was so widespread & reoccurring that I began to consider Briles & Baylor Administration almost as accomplices. I get it that a program would want to put a lid on something embarrassing, but that was done without every correcting the condition. Over and over. At some point they were accountable for these rapes/sexual assaults, because they allowed that culture to thrive. (Like... Joe Patterno & Sandusky...)

Bama_Man
03-21-2017, 10:08 PM
I would say yes... and no. Perhaps you wouldn't seek to return the $100, but would you use it to coverup a crime? Or recruit criminals?

In the Baylor situation, the "cover-up" was so widespread & reoccurring that I began to consider Briles & Baylor Administration almost as accomplices. I get it that a program would want to put a lid on something embarrassing, but that was done without every correcting the condition. Over and over. At some point they were accountable for these rapes/sexual assaults, because they allowed that culture to thrive. (Like... Joe Patterno & Sandusky...)

Agreed. Crimes happen everywhere, unfortunately including sexual assaults. But covering it up on such a massive scale is so horrendous. I hope they never win a game.

Really Big Bama Fan
03-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Remember how wild the preacher's daughters were back in your younger days? Well imagine a whole college of repressed strict Baptist girls. These shenanigans (https://www.google.com/amp/s/hellspawnedjavelinas.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/sluttiest-women-on-the-big-12-south/amp/) during football recruiting are not surprising (http://www.studentsreview.com/viewprofile.php3?k=996885921&u=1317) at all.

According to Forbes, Baylor females are more likely to engage in premarital anal sex than any other school in the entire world. Also, many repressed Baylor girls will engage in mass gangbangs just to get back at their fathers, which usually ends in a bukake-style creaming.
I am not quite certain if I can write this on a message board, but here goes: I personally know a large number of girls who have anal sex with the guys they date in order to remain virgins until they are married. I don't know about anyone else, but if you've had anal sex YOU ARE NOT A VIRGIN ANYMORE. Sorry, sweetie.

MKfromPA
04-01-2017, 12:03 PM
I hope Baylor learns its lesson from all this. I don't wish bad or negative on anyone or anything, but when a program and athletics department commits penalties, the price must be paid. I wish Baylor would turn itself around completely and set an example for the rest of the NCAA.

The Zou
04-11-2017, 01:25 PM
I hope Baylor learns its lesson from all this. I don't wish bad or negative on anyone or anything, but when a program and athletics department commits penalties, the price must be paid. I wish Baylor would turn itself around completely and set an example for the rest of the NCAA.

As fans we need to insist that our college sports programs are not more important than things like law & order or student safety. It simply cannot be...

Football & Men's basketball are the most at risk in my opinion -- those two programs are able to bring in so much money and prestige that there will always be the risk of looking the other way, or worse -- cover-up! Kicking a bad egg off of the baseball/softball team, or the swim team, will not bring the negative publicity that a football/basketball player will bring.

But the solution, I think, is for the fans to demand better. As I think Baylor demonstrates... the pressures of money & prestige can easily muddy the waters for the folks that are responsible for carrying it out.

Herchel
05-17-2017, 02:43 PM
More Baylor news.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/baylor-hit-with-th-title-ix-lawsuit-plaintiff-alleges-gang/article_1b391c59-1722-5532-9c3b-058b07850249.html

Baylor hit with 7th Title IX lawsuit, plaintiff alleges gang rape by football players

Baylor University on Tuesday night was served with a seventh Title IX lawsuit which alleges as many as eight football players drugged a student and took turns raping her in 2012.

The plaintiff, who filed the lawsuit as "Jane Doe," remembers hearing the players yell, “Grab her phone! Delete my numbers and texts!” following the rape in an off-campus apartment with glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling, according to the suit.

The lawsuit comes as Baylor continues to deal with fallout from a sexual assault scandal that led to the firing of President Ken Starr and head football coach Art Briles and the resignation of Ian McCaw as athletics director almost a year ago.

“These girls affected by this are seeking their day in court,” Houston lawyer Muhammad Aziz, who represents the plaintiff, said by phone Wednesday. “We thought about this a lot, and me and my client thought about it and discussed it. Eventually, we decided to proceed. Really, what we are seeking to enforce is just a safe education environment for the girls at the school.”

According to the suit, the football team had a system of hazing freshman recruits by having them bring freshman females to parties to be drugged and gang raped, “or in the words of the football players, ‘trains’ would be run on the girls.”

Considered a bonding experience by the players, according to the suit, the rapes were also photographed and videotaped, and the plaintiff confirmed that at least one 21-second videotape of two Baylor students being gang raped by football players had circulated.

Bama_Man
05-17-2017, 06:35 PM
Jesus Christ, if it's not time to shut down an entire athletics department, then when is it time to act?

This is reprehensible. Something has to happen, is past time.

MKfromPA
05-18-2017, 06:02 PM
It is extremely disgusting to even think that this happens.... wow. I agree with you, Bama Man.

zud the hut
05-19-2017, 01:58 AM
It's time for the death penalty for Baylor. SMU didn't do anything close to what Baylor has done. And even their new hires are fired for sexual misconduct. How in the world can that happen given all the terrible things that happened at Baylor. Give them the death penalty and shut this totally down.

Really Big Bama Fan
05-19-2017, 07:36 AM
It's time for the death penalty for Baylor. SMU didn't do anything close to what Baylor has done. And even their new hires are fired for sexual misconduct. How in the world can that happen given all the terrible things that happened at Baylor. Give them the death penalty and shut this totally down.
The NCAA reserves its harshest punishments for the SEC. At schools such as Penn State and Baylor the attitude is "Boys will be boys."

Bama_Man
05-19-2017, 03:27 PM

I agree one million percent.