Bama basketball.... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Bama basketball....

Bama_Man
02-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Is slowly but surely moving into the conference race.

UK and Carolina are clear 1-2, but UF isn't that far behind and Bama sitting at 6-3 is in awesome shape. Not a lot of big OOC wins, but a strong finish down the stretch could send Tide into tourney.

Huge game at Carolina (next week I believe), a win over a VERY good Carolina team could do wonders for resume.

Current standings:
UK:8-1
SC: 8-1
Florida: 7-2
Ark: 6-3
Bama: 6-3
UT: 5-4
MSU: 4-5
UGA: 4-5
OM: 4-5
VU:4-5
AU:3-6
A&M:3-6
LSU:1-8
Mizzou:0-9

Just Some Hog Dude
02-03-2017, 01:54 AM
It is not looking good right now.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/RPI

I doubt they let five SEC teams in.

Bama_Man
02-03-2017, 12:20 PM
How is UGA ahead of Bama?

Bama_Man
02-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Bama has more top 50 wins, same amount of bad losses (1), and Bama beat UGA by 20 and has better conference record.

SCgamecock2988
02-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Bama could make it very interesting. Arkansas lost to Mizzou, LOL. If you come to Columbia and beat us.. watch out.

Bama_Man
02-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Well the second loss to a bad Auburn team likely kills Alabama, they'd have to go on a killer run.

xAuBuRn
02-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Well the second loss to a bad Auburn team likely kills Alabama, they'd have to go on a killer run.

I don't know if I would call this a bad Auburn team. It is one of the better teams we have had lately which is not saying much. We have a path to the tournament, but it is a tough one.Win our home games besides Florida. Win at least 2 of 4 probably need 3 UGA, LSU, A&M, Mississippi. It is very young and I think worst case we make the NIT which is a big progress. We also have had one of the tougher SEC schedules so far. The rest is manageable minus Florida. We will need to win a couple in the SEC tourney also. This is young team and we could be very good next year.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/tracking-bubble-teams-as-saturday-shakes-up-the-ncaa-tournament-bracket/[/URL]

CBS said this about Auburn:The Tigers (15-8) claw their way, barely, onto the surface of the bubble by winning at Alabama on Saturday night. Bruce Pearl's team has swept the Tide, plus defeated Texas Tech, another bubble team. Tigers have a super steep climb, though. NEXT UP: vs. Mississippi State on Tuesday.