Tunsil commited to UGA not once, but twice [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Tunsil commited to UGA not once, but twice

Herchel
01-28-2017, 08:24 AM
http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/06/29/case-against-ole-miss-how-will-ncaa-choose-punish-rebels

Long read, but worth it.

ECDawg78
01-28-2017, 11:18 AM
The Tunsil spurning of UGA, now 4 years ago, seems to bother you a lot still........maybe you need to let it go.

Tunsil's actions at Ole Miss has possibly helped land their program on probation, without even a division title as a result.

I seriously doubt, after what's played out for him at Ole Miss, that he would have been much benefit to UGA's program either....and likely would have caused problems with the NCAA for our program too.

I view it as a bullet that we thankfully dodged....

Bama_Man
01-28-2017, 06:09 PM
"[Does the NCAA] stick to their guns like they said a few years ago and hold the head coach accountable?" asked a veteran SEC head coach. "Or is the NCAA going to wipe their hands of this? If they do, it's going to turn college football into college basketball, which is a free for all. They need to make a damn statement, sooner or later."

Which SEC coach do you think this is? Veteran, so counts out O, Smart and Odom, maybe Jones, Mason and McElwain possibly Muschamp and Stoops. That leaves Mullen (most likely IMO), Beliema, Saban, Gus, Miles ((prob not as he's now a former SEC coach)), and possibly Richt who's now an ACC coach. I think it's one of West coaches, and with use of 'damn' and the sentiment, I'd guess Mullen or Beliema.

Opinions?

zud the hut
01-28-2017, 06:59 PM
"[Does the NCAA] stick to their guns like they said a few years ago and hold the head coach accountable?" asked a veteran SEC head coach. "Or is the NCAA going to wipe their hands of this? If they do, it's going to turn college football into college basketball, which is a free for all. They need to make a damn statement, sooner or later."

Which SEC coach do you think this is? Veteran, so counts out O, Smart and Odom, maybe Jones, Mason and McElwain possibly Muschamp and Stoops. That leaves Mullen (most likely IMO), Beliema, Saban, Gus, Miles ((prob not as he's now a former SEC coach)), and possibly Richt who's now an ACC coach. I think it's one of West coaches, and with use of 'damn' and the sentiment, I'd guess Mullen or Beliema.

Opinions?

I suspect Mullen. They do have that school up north thing going on...

zud the hut
01-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Well...it reads like a soap opera. But the thing is that it is a very serious matter for Ole Miss and the SEC. The SEC has a reputation with many that we have these kinds of infractions as a matter of course. And that we have the best-paid players in the land and that is why the SEC is so successful.

Ole Miss should be punished in my opinion. However, I think that we all know that these kinds of actions are not limited to Ole Miss, the SEC or any of other major conferences.

And I am of the opinion that these kind of activities will never be completely cleared up. But the SEC needs to police this in a way that we don't go down the road that the old Southwest Conference did. They cannibalized themselves and that is what we do not want to happen to the SEC.