Alabama recruiting [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Alabama recruiting

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 11:48 AM
AL.com | Jan 20, 2017
quote:
It's the biggest recruiting weekend of the year for Alabama in terms of official visitors.

Let's break down the official visitors and where they stand with Alabama. Rankings are via the 247Sports composite.

ALABAMA COMMITS

Kendall Randolph, OL, Madison, Ala. - Four-star offensive tackle will play guard in college and just told AL.com he won't visit anywhere else.

Markail Benton, LB, Phenix City, Ala. - Four-star linebacker canceled a visit to Georgia last weekend to have shoulder and knee surgeries. It's unlikely he visits anywhere else besides Alabama.

Mac Jones, QB, Jacksonville, Fla. - Jones got a visit from Nick Saban and spoke earlier with AL.com about his visit from Steve Sarkisian.

Christopher Allen, LB, Baton Rouge, La. - Allen officially visited LSU last weekend and remains solid to Alabama despite LSU's push. We'll see if it sticks.

Kedrick James, TE, Waco, Texas - Reports have the three-star James expected to visit, but he has not yet confirmed with AL.com. He remains solid to Alabama barring a surprise.

Akial Byers, DL, Fayetteville, Ark. - Byers' coach said he was pretty sure the four-star defensive lineman was visiting. Byers' academic issues are well-documented.

ALABAMA TARGETS

LaBryan Ray, DE, Madison, Ala. - Ray is now a five-star and it's well deserved. Read an update on the 7A Lineman of the Year.

Henry Ruggs III, WR, Montgomery, Ala. - Ruggs is a five-star on 247Sports individual and it's well-deserved. 'Bama battling Florida State and Penn State here. Read an update.

Devonta Smith, WR, Amite, La. - The four-star electric receiver took an early-week official visit to Florida State. Alabama a popular pick, with LSU and Miami also in the picture.

Phidarian Mathis, DL, Monroe, La. - Alabama needs defensive linemen and wants the four-star recruit who is feeling the pressure to stay home. LSU and TCU are other finalists.

Todd Harris, DB, Plaquemine, La. - Harris' father confirmed the Alabama official visit after Nick Saban visited the four-star and his family. He visited LSU last week. Alabama could still take another defensive back. Read an update on Harris from last month.

WHERE OTHER TARGETS ARE GOING

Chris Henderson, DB, Miami, Fla. - The four-star corner is visiting Florida after his trip to Alabama last weekend. This looks like an Alabama-Florida battle.

Nico Collins, WR, Pinson, Ala. - Collins is playing in the Polynesian Bowl in Hawaii and on the same team as Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa, but as of last week, had not set up an official visit to Alabama.

Aubrey Solomon, DL, Leesburg, Ga. - The five-star is reportedly done with visits. He took his Alabama official visit last fall. Michigan may be trending with Georgia and USC also in the picture.

Jarez Parks, LB/DL, Sebastian, Fla. - Saban visited Parks this week in his helicopter as well. Parks officially visited Alabama last fall. It's unclear where he's going this weekend, if anywhere, but one source indicated it wouldn't be to Auburn, another finalist still looking to get a visit. Parks could take his decision past Signing Day

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 12:30 PM
My guesses at the guys in play.
Allen (4 star) LB- current Bama commit 85%
Ray (5 star) DL - 95%
Riggs III (5 star) WR- 80%
D. Smith (5 star) WR- 75%
Mathis (4star) DL- 40% I belive LSU is the leader right now could change after this weekend
T. Harris (4star) DB- 30% LSU again to me is the leader could change after this weekend.
C. Henderson (4star) CB- 50% Florida vs Bama recruiting battle A position of need next year.
A. Solomon (5 star) DL- 60% I still feel we lead but it's gone down some. Saban will have a in home next week and could solidify him.
Parks (4 star) DL- 60% Parks recruitment seems to be widening with Bama separating themselves for his services.

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 12:44 PM
Ruiz (3star) K- flipped to ASU to stay closer to home originally I was confused, but now that the 2018 kicking class has been released its a little clearer the top 2 kickers nationally are both From Alabama and the #3 punter is also from Alabama. The nation's top K for 2018 is going to be hard to pull from Bama don't expect us to offer another 17 kicker

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 12:47 PM
J. Dean (4star) cb- is expected to flip to Miami.

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Breiden Fehoko former 5 star DLineman and Texas Tech transfer I belive we are the team to beat

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 08:42 PM
As expected J.Dean officially decommitted tonight. Alabama drops to #2 on the scouts recruiting rankings

Bama_Man
01-21-2017, 08:45 PM
I don't expect to finish #1, but it'll be top 3.

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 08:50 PM
With Dean out Alabama drops to 24 commitments and Byers is expected to be a sign and place to drop us to 23 Bama could sign 31 but I'm expecting 29-30. Alabama also has 15 early enrollees 12 are already on campus the rest are set to arrive in February.

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 08:53 PM
I don't expect to finish #1, but it'll be top 3.
Right now if we get Ruggs III, Smith, Ray, and Solomon Alabama will end with highest rated class in almost every service that's adding 4 5 Star prospects to the ones we already have.

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 08:58 PM
In terms of recruiting rankings losing Dean and Ruiz helps us. Ruiz a 3 star and Dean a low 4 star that lost a star in scout to make room for a 5 star. But we did lose 2 positions of need CB and K. And JMO Dean was a mutual departure.

BigBamaFan
01-21-2017, 09:18 PM
Current Alabama 5 star commitments. From all services.
N. Harris RB
D. Moses OLB
V. Cowan OLB
I. Buggs DT
J. Juedy WR
A. Leatherwood OT
T. Tagovailoa QB
E. Baker OT
J. Willis OT

BigBamaFan
01-22-2017, 11:52 AM
Tariq Castro- Fields (4 star) CB - Announcing Tomorrow Bama 20% chance. He's been a heavy Penn State lean for awhile.

BigBamaFan
01-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Update from our biggest recruiting weekend.
C. Allen (4 star) LB- It seems Bama has closed the door on LSU my prediction is up to 99%.
L. Ray ( 5 star) DL- no more visits Bama 99%
H. Ruggs III ( 5 star) WR- He and his brother had a great visit I'm not saying it's over but I'm going up to 85% FSU still has a hand in it.
D. Smith (5 star) WR- he will announce signing day but JMO he is all Bama. 95% to Bama, LSU has a very very slight chance.
P. Mathis (4 star) DL- great visit I think Bama upped their chances but IMO it's 50/50 Bama/ LSU.
T. Harris (4 star) DB- it seems Bama made up a lot of distance with Harris, Bama is no worse than 50%. Again Bama/LSU 50/50.

BigBamaFan
01-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Updates from prospects not in Tuscaloosa.
A. Solomon (5 star) DL- to difficult to really read. The latest from what I can gather. Alabama is still the leader but the latest is his top 3 are in this order. Alabama, Michigan, USC with Georgia on the outside looking in. My understanding is Mom wants him to go to Michigan he wants to go to Alabama. This could change by the hour.
C. Henderson (4 star) CB- his visit at Florida went really well , we have a lot of work to do to land Henderson. His top 3 are Florida, Alabama, Miami
T. Castro-Fields (4 star) CB- we are a long shot at best 20%, We are trying to get a in home before he announces tomorrow. His top 3 Penn State, Alabama, Maryland.
J. Parks (4 star) DL- leaning to Bama now pretty solid. 70% to Bama.
N. Collins (4 star) WR- 40% he spent the weekend with Tua in Hawaii in a all star game. And could take an official to Bama. I don't have a really good feel on his recruitment. It seems like Bama is slow playing.

Bama_Man
01-22-2017, 06:04 PM
If we land Ray and Ruggs III, I'll be pleased.

BigBamaFan
01-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Jmo, Ray, D. Smith, and Ruggs are Bama bound

BigBamaFan
01-23-2017, 06:37 PM
I was wrong Bama offers 3 star kicker Bulovas. He will visit next weekend.

BigBamaFan
01-23-2017, 06:39 PM
T. Castro- Fields (4 star CB) delays announcement after Visit from Bama coaches.

BigBamaFan
01-23-2017, 06:40 PM
Parks looking more solid now as well

BigBamaFan
01-25-2017, 04:30 PM
Bulovas (3star) K- Commits today.

BigBamaFan
01-27-2017, 02:27 PM
[No real news until NSD.
The ones to watch.
1. A. Solomon (DL) ***** Michigan
2. L. Ray (DL) *****Committed to Alabama
3. J. Parks (DL) ****committed to Alabama
4. P. Mathis (DL) **** Committed to Alabama
5. T. Harris (DB) **** LSU
6. D. Smith (WR) *****Committed to Alabama
7. H. Ruggs III (WR) ***** Committed to Alabama
8. Breiden Fehoko (DT) Div1 transfer former 5 star DT.not sure will get any coverage. But I've heard we are pursuing him.

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Parks pushed his decision back to later today. I'm really confused about it the kid wants to play at Alabama. But I'm hearing we may not have room which confuses me because we missed on Solomon I know have been heavily involved with a DT Transfer but I just don't want to leave Parks out of this class.
Kid was in tears when he pushed it back.

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Boom 5 Star WR Ruggs III to Bama.

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 12:14 PM
https://youtu.be/_jWh8qtWrHc
Ruggs commitment video

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 12:42 PM
I'm getting conflicting stories on Parks I'm hearing Bama will take him, but some say this or that has to happen. Here is his commitment video
https://youtu.be/_jWh8qtWrHc

IBCW
02-01-2017, 01:01 PM
I'm hearing Bama offered Parks a Grayshirt.

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Holy crap J. Parks just committed to Alabama as a grey shirt.
I've never heard of a top 100 player taking a grey shirt.
LOI is in.

IBCW
02-01-2017, 01:16 PM
LaBryan Ray To Bama!

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Boooooom 5 star L. Ray to Alabama.

zud the hut
02-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Holy crap J. Parks just committed to Alabama as a grey shirt.
I've never heard of a top 100 player taking a grey shirt.
LOI is in.

That whole Parks storyline was a bit nuts!

IBCW
02-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Just heard this will be Saban's Greatest Class at Bama! Ratings-wise

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Boooom D. Smith to Bama.

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Just heard this will be Saban's Greatest Class at Bama! Ratings-wise
Alabama has the most top 300 Espn players ever on one team 21 beat the old record of 19.

dnmuga93
02-01-2017, 03:35 PM
I can't figure out how you guys still have room to sign so many...

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 05:14 PM
I can't figure out how you guys still have room to sign so many...
We had a lot of transfers last year right before September think it was like 4 dbs and we also had 3 qb transfer out. That doesn't include early NFL guys and Seniors
Just going off the tip of my head that transfered out.
Ol- Baldwin
Wr- charlot,black
Db- smith, burgess-becker,Sheffield
Lb- Thomas
Qb-barnett,cornwell,Bateman
I know I'm missing a few

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 05:32 PM
We had a lot of transfers last year right before September think it was like 4 dbs and we also had 3 qb transfer out. That doesn't include early NFL guys and Seniors
Just going off the tip of my head that transfered out.
Ol- Baldwin
Wr- charlot,black
Db- smith, burgess-becker,Sheffield
Lb- Thomas
Qb-barnett,cornwell,Bateman
I know I'm missing a few
Christian Bell was another he went Wisconsin

Bama_Man
02-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Not to mention juniors that went pro like Marlon.

We could sign 30.

BigBamaFan
02-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Not to mention juniors that went pro like Marlon.

We could sign 30.
The numbers game is always hard to figure out, because we do have walkons that got scholarships last year. That might have been juniors due to the loads of transfers. Again only going off memory 12 transfers 3 early NFL 16 seniors. That's 31 so my guess is we have a few preferred walkons that earned a scholarship. Or I'm off on the numbers above.

Really Big Bama Fan
02-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Another good recruiting job by Coach Saban and his staff. RTR!

BigBamaFan
02-02-2017, 12:49 AM
I've been hearing some noise about Kendall Hulk Jones maybe getting to Bama in August. Could just be rumors though.

IBCW
02-02-2017, 12:31 PM
I've been hearing some noise about Kendall Hulk Jones maybe getting to Bama in August. Could just be rumors though.

That would be Awesome!