Monk [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Monk

xAuBuRn
12-17-2016, 07:35 PM
That may be the best single performance by a college basketball player I have ever seen. WOW.

kentubbybasketball
12-17-2016, 07:53 PM
You see why Arkansas people were mad about him coming to UK.

That was crazy. He has some moxie. It's odd to say that about a freshman, but that's also why he makes some blunders like the lob. You gotta take those mistakes with the spectacular stuff.

That was a thriller but that game just would not end. I can't remember the last time I've been that excited to hear a final buzzer for an out of conference game.

We came up with two huge defensive rebounds that final minute after relinquishing the lead. If we could just rebound like that all game.

47 pts... division 1 season high! UK freshman scoring high!

Bama_Man
12-17-2016, 09:31 PM
Him and Jackson for UNC has like 80 combined points lol. Monk was insane, UNC could not slow him down at all. He's a beast.

GR8NESS
12-19-2016, 01:50 PM
cajones

dnmuga93
12-19-2016, 03:41 PM
As a UNC fan, that was as fun a regular season game as I've watched in a while.

I'm obviously disappointed the Heels lost, but am proud of the way they hung in and fought back from down double digits. Monk was just on fire and unstoppable.

Bama_Man
12-19-2016, 05:55 PM

I'm obviously disappointed the Heels lost, but am proud of the way they hung in and fought back from down double digits. Monk was just on fire and unstoppable.

Jackson wasn't too far behind, he was killing it too.

That was the best regular season game I've seen in a long time, maybe ever.

GR8NESS
12-20-2016, 03:39 PM

Agree. UK-UNC has created some of my favorite regular season games all time. This one, 2011/12 with Davis and the John Wall game. Also the tournament game in 2011.

The UNC game was always my favorite of our "three" we played every year when I was growing up... this one, UofL, and IU.

Bama_Man
12-20-2016, 04:11 PM
Agree. UK-UNC has created some of my favorite regular season games all time. This one, 2011/12 with Davis and the John Wall game. Also the tournament game in 2011.

The UNC game was always my favorite of our "three" we played every year when I was growing up... this one, UofL, and IU.

UNC/UK is always exciting because its not a nastybrivalry, more competitive, and its usually more wide open and free flowing. UoL is a big rival and it can get chippy and slow, and IUs style of play can be so slow and painful, they have to slow it down to compete and limit UKs possessions

GR8NESS
12-22-2016, 02:49 AM
UNC/UK is always exciting because its not a nastybrivalry, more competitive, and its usually more wide open and free flowing. UoL is a big rival and it can get chippy and slow, and IUs style of play can be so slow and painful, they have to slow it down to compete and limit UKs possessions

I never really even considered Indiana a rival growing up, TBH. We're 17-5 against them in my life. Until the Watford shot I considered UT a bigger rival (I'm from SEKY though), and still hate UT infinitely more.

boxvic
12-22-2016, 08:24 AM
I'm the complete opposite. Being from the Indiana-Kentucky-Illinois tristate, growing up IU was the number two rival and I didn't consider Tennessee to be a rival.

joehogjoe
12-22-2016, 12:31 PM
You see why Arkansas people were mad about him coming to UK.

That was crazy. He has some moxie. It's odd to say that about a freshman, but that's also why he makes some blunders like the lob. You gotta take those mistakes with the spectacular stuff.

That was a thriller but that game just would not end. I can't remember the last time I've been that excited to hear a final buzzer for an out of conference game.

We came up with two huge defensive rebounds that final minute after relinquishing the lead. If we could just rebound like that all game.

47 pts... division 1 season high! UK freshman scoring high! He is great but he is up and down. 1-9 last night is typical for him after a big performance. He will be amazing in the NBA.

Bama_Man
12-22-2016, 01:33 PM
I never really even considered Indiana a rival growing up, TBH. We're 17-5 against them in my life. Until the Watford shot I considered UT a bigger rival (I'm from SEKY though), and still hate UT infinitely more.

We aren't that far apart then, I am from SWVA, an hour kr so from Middlesboro.

GR8NESS
12-24-2016, 05:49 PM
We aren't that far apart then, I am from SWVA, an hour kr so from Middlesboro.

I'm from somerset, about 1.5 from Middlesboro.

Bama_Man
12-24-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm from somerset, about 1.5 from Middlesboro.

I know Somerset, well. I drove thru there a lot when covering games in the old Mid-South NAIA conference.