Moses Kingsley voted SEC Preseason Player of the Year, UK picked Preseason SEC Champs [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Moses Kingsley voted SEC Preseason Player of the Year, UK picked Preseason SEC Champs

joehogjoe
10-19-2016, 12:17 PM
King Moses was named Preseason player of the year during SEC media days. Moses joins former Hogs Ronnie Brewer and Joe Johnson as the preseason pick.

Kentucky was named Preseason SEC Champs. Arkansas was picked 5th behind Kentucky, Florida, A&M, and Georgia.

SEC Player of the Year

Moses Kingsley – Arkansas

First Team All-SEC

Moses Kingsley – Arkansas
J.J. Frazier – Georgia
Edrice “Bam” Adebayo – Kentucky
De’Aaron Fox – Kentucky
Tyler Davis – Texas A&M

Second Team All-SEC

KeVaughn Allen – Florida
Yante Maten – Georgia
Isaiah Briscoe – Kentucky
Malik Monk – Kentucky
Antonio Blakeney – LSU
Quinndary Weatherspoon – Mississippi State
Luke Kornet – Vanderbilt

Preseason Media Picks

1. UK
2. UF
3. A&M
4. Georgia
5. Ark.
6. Vandy
7. Bama
8. South Carolina
9. OM
10. MSU
11. Aub.
12. LSU
13. Tenn.
14. Mizzou

Just Some Hog Dude
10-19-2016, 12:32 PM
I saw the Hogs practice. They looked good.

GoDores
10-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Georgia is the team that stands out to me as out of place. I'd have UGA and SC around the same.

Dawg4life
10-19-2016, 08:23 PM
If Fox isn't willing to play his freshmen and young players and plays guys like Kessler and Paul-Geno too much, then Georgia should be closer to middle of the pack and if he does play them this is about right if they've progressed. It's all on him.

iowacat
10-30-2016, 05:53 PM
I think Georgia end up 3rd in SEC play this year. Fox is a hell of a coach.

Dawgilicious
10-30-2016, 08:59 PM
If Fox isn't willing to play his freshmen and young players and plays guys like Kessler and Paul-Geno too much, then Georgia should be closer to middle of the pack and if he does play them this is about right if they've progressed. It's all on him.

That will be the difference this year. We have some wings that can shoot and this will be a different team. Having a healthy Juwan Parker will be helpful too

joehogjoe
10-31-2016, 09:47 AM
I think Georgia end up 3rd in SEC play this year. Fox is a hell of a coach.in what universe?

iowacat
11-02-2016, 07:43 PM
in what universe?

The SEC Universe. Do you think they might end up higher? I just think the SEC still has a couple more years to realize the improvement from the all the new coaches and Fox is a very good coach and that goes a long way. It might happen or it might not. Just my opinion and nothing else. I would like to see at least 6 teams from the SEC be in the NCAA tourney this year but that will be a stretch. It probably will more like 4. Although I am Ky fan and live in Iowa I root for the SEC all the time. I have lived in ACC , Big 10, Big East and Big 12 areas and you should hear how their fans talk about the SEC and southern people in general. They are scum in my eyes and I root for the SEC every time.

Go Cats and the SEC

joehogjoe
11-02-2016, 09:50 PM
He is a good recuiter and a lousy x and o coach. Georgia deserves better. Has had better.

Dawg4life
11-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Mark Fox is great at spotting under the radar talent and developing (I think at least). No one thought JJ Frazier would be a good player against top level college competition, no one. But he has been for the most part. And people realized that Yante Maten was good late.