Lets talk about the Sec this year and what to expect [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about the Sec this year and what to expect

iowacat
10-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Ky BB officially starts today with our midnight madness so I would like to start talking about this years BB and what you guys think the SEC will do this year in conference. Also who do you think will make the NCAA tournament and so on. Lets get this going.

Just Some Hog Dude
10-14-2016, 02:37 PM
UK domination.

joehogjoe
10-15-2016, 11:11 PM
Uk looks like they will be a top 20 team easily.

iowacat
10-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Hi Guys, I know about my team (UK) and I deliberately didn't talk about UK because I wanted to know more about the other SEC teams but it looks like there are only a few posters on this site anymore. Can we get some discussion about your team?

joehogjoe
10-16-2016, 11:15 AM
Hogs will be very good. They have two of the top scorers in the Sec last year returning. Guard play will be improved. The length of our players will be improved. Our lateral quickness will also be improved. I expect a 25 + win season.

Just Some Hog Dude
10-16-2016, 03:03 PM
Hi Guys, I know about my team (UK) and I deliberately didn't talk about UK because I wanted to know more about the other SEC teams but it looks like there are only a few posters on this site anymore. Can we get some discussion about your team?

Our football team still has a chance to play in the Sugar Bowl. I am really not concerned about basketball right now. A long time sportswriter who watched them play in Europe this summer thinks they will have a shot at the Sweet Sixteen though.

SCgamecock2988
10-17-2016, 08:20 AM
I couldn't tell you anything about our team.

GoDores
10-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Vandy - solid at the 2 through 4. PG is the biggest area of concern. I'd imagine Riley LaChance will start out there. We also have a freshman coming in who will probably be the backup.

Tough to forecast this year with Bryce Drew as our new coach. My expectations are that we will probably be about the same as last year. Competing for an NCAA Tourney spot, if not going ahead and getting one. I think we're a top 5 SEC team.

iowacat
10-17-2016, 04:35 PM
Thx guys for your replies. I think with the influx of new coaches the past few years the SEC will now begin its upward journey to being a overall better BB conference. I hope to see at least 4 teams maybe 5 this year in the NCAA tourney. My list of the five are probably this.
Ky
Gorgia
Arkansas
Alabama
Florida

What say you?

joehogjoe
10-17-2016, 10:13 PM
I would say UK, UF, TA&M and the Hogs

iowacat
11-04-2016, 02:51 PM
what happened to rest of the thread

joehogjoe
11-05-2016, 07:11 AM
The Hogs played some div.2 team last night. It was the last of those types and the season begins next week. The Hogs upgrade in athleticism from last year to now is amazing. For the first time in CMA tenure at Arkansas he has the guards for his style. Im not sure how many games we'll win but I really believe this is his best team from a skill set point.

BigBamaFan
11-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Alabama will field 7 new players 1 juco ranked #6 nationally and 2 freshman one ranked #64 nationally and 4 transfers Nick King is a guy to watch he transfers in from Memphis also Avery Johnson JR. One thing im excited about is we Ingram back from injury who was our best player untill he went down after the 7th game.