Washington EMBARRASSES Stanford [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Washington EMBARRASSES Stanford

Bama_Man
10-01-2016, 01:38 AM
Holy cow, anyone else see how bad UDub drubbed Stanford tonight? It was a slaughter. 44-6. It was at Washington and the Cardinal had three starters out (2 CB, WR) but they don't make up 38 points.
Washington dominated the LOS, the Stanford QB had absolutely no time to breathe much less throw.
Huskies held McCafferey in check as well, he was total non factor.

I know Stanford was ranked 7th, if they truly are seventh best team in country, Washington is at least fifth. I don't think Stanford is in same ckass of Bama tOSU/Mich/Clemson/UoL, but they were a good team and UW made them look like a FCS team.

Just Some Hog Dude
10-01-2016, 03:30 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Petersen

Naval Aviator
10-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Absolutely did not see this coming. Washington looks like it has a legitimate defense - and that's rare in the PAC 12!

ugabrad
10-01-2016, 10:30 AM
My friends are absolutely ecstatic...

Bama_Man
10-01-2016, 02:15 PM
As they should be Brad. That front four is very good and the QB makes good decisions.

ECDawg78
10-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Holy cow, anyone else see how bad UDub drubbed Stanford tonight? It was a slaughter. 44-6. It was at Washington and the Cardinal had three starters out (2 CB, WR) but they don't make up 38 points.
Washington dominated the LOS, the Stanford QB had absolutely no time to breathe much less throw.
Huskies held McCafferey in check as well, he was total non factor.

I know Stanford was ranked 7th, if they truly are seventh best team in country, Washington is at least fifth. I don't think Stanford is in same ckass of Bama tOSU/Mich/Clemson/UoL, but they were a good team and UW made them look like a FCS team.

That game played out a lot like Georgia at Ole Miss the week before with similar story lines.

Petersen is a hell of a good head football coach. That team he built at Boise with Kellen Moore at QB and all of those developed 2 and 3 star lineman was something to watch. He is now in his third year in Seattle and is still developing talent, but with more athletic and higher ranked players. He hires quality assistants and lets them coach, the mark of a high quality head coach.

Washington is going to be a force out west and on the national scene for a long time to come....

Bama_Man
10-02-2016, 05:34 PM
That game played out a lot like Georgia at Ole Miss the week before with similar story lines.

Petersen is a hell of a good head football coach. That team he built at Boise with Kellen Moore at QB and all of those developed 2 and 3 star lineman was something to watch. He is now in his third year in Seattle and is still developing talent, but with more athletic and higher ranked players. He hires quality assistants and lets them coach, the mark of a high quality head coach.

Washington is going to be a force out west and on the national scene for a long time to come....

There can't be any doubt, Peterson is one of the very best in nthe nation. His team jus embarrassed a bgood Stanford team with a great head coach in Shaw. Washington has the potential to be great, they can get good kids. They were a force in the early 90s, showing you can win up there and they've got the best coach they've ever had. I wouldn't be surprise to see UDub dominate the P12 like Oregon did, except Huskies can win against great teams bc they have a defense.

ECDawg78
10-03-2016, 08:46 AM
There can't be any doubt, Peterson is one of the very best in nthe nation. His team jus embarrassed a bgood Stanford team with a great head coach in Shaw. Washington has the potential to be great, they can get good kids. They were a force in the early 90s, showing you can win up there and they've got the best coach they've ever had. I wouldn't be surprise to see UDub dominate the P12 like Oregon did, except Huskies can win against great teams bc they have a defense.

Don James set a standard at Washington that Petersen won't reach easily. You're probably too young to remember him.

He was a great head coach there for many years.....

Dawgilicious
10-03-2016, 08:59 AM
I was just about to post the same thing. Peterson is not the best coach they have had, at least not yet. Lambright was not bad either. It was awesome hearing the Horn all night Friday!

Bama_Man
10-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Don James set a standard at Washington that Petersen won't reach easily. You're probably too young to remember him.

He was a great head coach there for many years.....

Im aware of James, he was Sabans college coach and mentor. He was the UDub coach when Washington won a national title in early 90s. I don't remember him as a coach just as a name. But Peterson is a different animal. He had major success at a program in Boise, ID with no pipeline to recruits, no football history or prestige, and made them a top ten program with wins over huge names like Oklahoma.

ECDawg78
10-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Im aware of James, he was Sabans college coach and mentor. He was the UDub coach when Washington won a national title in early 90s. I don't remember him as a coach just as a name. But Peterson is a different animal. He had major success at a program in Boise, ID with no pipeline to recruits, no football history or prestige, and made them a top ten program with wins over huge names like Oklahoma.

Petersen certainly has the potential to rival or even possibly top Don James, but he's got a ways to go before earning those accolades. Though you never know what will happen down the road, Petersen has the capability to get Washington back to the top......no doubt.

Bama_Man
10-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Petersen certainly has the potential to rival or even possibly top Don James, but he's got a ways to go before earning those accolades. Though you never know what will happen down the road, Petersen has the capability to get Washington back to the top......no doubt.

I won't disagree with that, James won a national title and had Washington as a perennial top ten program. But there was some history at Washington before James, some Rose Bowls, several Pac-10 titles and at least one title before James. Boise had absolutely nothing, and Peterson had them as a top program. Peterson isn't close to passing James' accolades at UDub on paper, but I wouldn't bet against him taking them back to the title hunt even tho its way more competitive now than the 90s.

ugabrad
10-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Chris Peterson is a fine coach and I believe that he will take UDub to a new era of prosperity, but you made a mistake when you claimed that Boise had absolutely nothing before he became head coach. Under Dan Hawkins they had seasonal records of 11-1, 13-1 and 12-1 - admittedly with Peterson as OC.

Bama_Man
10-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Chris Peterson is a fine coach and I believe that he will take UDub to a new era of prosperity, but you made a mistake when you claimed that Boise had absolutely nothing before he became head coach. Under Dan Hawkins they had seasonal records of 11-1, 13-1 and 12-1 - admittedly with Peterson as OC.

No I did that intentionally. Hawkins left Boise, Peterson kept them winning, Hawkins bombed at Colorado while Peterson flourishes at Washington. Its hard to not believe Peterson had a lot to do with the success at BSU.

ALA2262
10-05-2016, 01:11 PM

Don James was also one of Coach Bryant's closest friends in the coaching fraternity.

ugabrad
10-09-2016, 11:21 PM
The Huskies continue to roll with a shellacking of the Oregon Ducks. 70 points scored on the Ducks...