Time to Bring Back SEC Divisions? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Time to Bring Back SEC Divisions?

joehogjoe
09-27-2016, 10:38 AM
A few years back the decision was made to eliminate the Sec Divisions in an effort to boost the number of SEC teams getting into NCAA tournament. It was a disasterous decision. Now its time to bring back the divisions not only to see if it might help get more SEC teams in the tourney but also to help resolve the idiotic SEC scheduling. Its clear the people in the front office haven't a worthy plan or clue how to schedule the SEC games. Its an embarrassment.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-27-2016, 10:45 AM
I think Arkansas will be good enough to make it regardless.

SCgamecock2988
09-27-2016, 11:21 AM
A few years back the decision was made to eliminate the Sec Divisions in an effort to boost the number of SEC teams getting into NCAA tournament. It was a disasterous decision. Now its time to bring back the divisions not only to see if it might help get more SEC teams in the tourney but also to help resolve the idiotic SEC scheduling. Its clear the people in the front office haven't a worthy plan or clue how to schedule the SEC games. Its an embarrassment.

Examples?

joehogjoe
09-27-2016, 12:14 PM
SC last year.

I agree JSHD.

SCgamecock2988
09-28-2016, 08:22 AM
I wanted specific examples of what was wrong with the scheduling last year.

joehogjoe
09-28-2016, 09:04 AM
There is no rhyme or reason. No logic behind the scheduling. Its a proverbial dumpster fire.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Its a proverbial dumpster fire.

Ditto for the football schedule. Both Auburn and Ole Miss have a bye week before they play Arkansas. It is designed to benefit teams with pull in the front office and screw the ones without it.

SCgamecock2988
09-28-2016, 11:36 AM
Our FB schedule sucks.. good thing it doesn't matter any way since we'd lose regardless... but who comes up with this sh!t??!

@ Vanderbilt
@ Mississippi State
East Carolina
@ Kentucky

3 road games out of the first 4 and all 3 are conference games? Oh and the kicker, we have our BYE before f*cking UMASS. Like I said though, we suck and it doesn't matter, hell we might actually lose to UMass the way they played Miss. State.

GR8NESS
09-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Nope.

joehogjoe
09-28-2016, 07:47 PM
agree whole heartedly.fixed it for you.

The SEC is more that just Kentucky, who will be fine, this is more about the other 13 than big blue.

kentubbybasketball
10-03-2016, 09:45 PM
UK always has the toughest schedule due to TV. Even this year our double opponents are the rest of the toppression fourth of the league for the most part. I guess everybody else has to play Kentucky and we don't though.

joehogjoe
10-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Well said KT. season is almost here. Cant wait