Hate to say it, but [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say it, but

Bama_Man
09-17-2016, 10:32 PM
The Big 10 is damn good. Very good. Michigan has looked impressive, Mich. State is EMBARRASSING ND, and tOSU is currently up 28-17 against Oklahoma in Norman. Wisconsin beat LSU too.

The B10 has some bad losses (Northwestern, ranked Iowa losing to FCS NDSU), but the top of the conference looks to be very good. I'll always side with the SEC as the best, but the ACC and B10 are very good conferences at the top.

Bama_Man
09-17-2016, 10:55 PM
Ohio State has hung THIRTY FIVE points on OU in Norman in first half. Just another embarrassment in a big game for Big Game Bob.

Just Some Hog Dude
09-17-2016, 10:58 PM
The S-E-C will crush them like a grape.

Bama_Man
09-17-2016, 11:09 PM
The S-E-C will crush them like a grape.

Have you watched tOSU/UM play? Michigan doesn't scare me but tOSU does. You saw what Kelly did to Bama, maybe best team in SEC, today. JT Barrett would be hell on the Bama defense.

GDawg88
09-18-2016, 12:16 AM
The Big 10 is damn good. Very good. Michigan has looked impressive, Mich. State is EMBARRASSING ND, and tOSU is currently up 28-17 against Oklahoma in Norman. Wisconsin beat LSU too.

The B10 has some bad losses (Northwestern, ranked Iowa losing to FCS NDSU), but the top of the conference looks to be very good. I'll always side with the SEC as the best, but the ACC and B10 are very good conferences at the top.
The SEC has the most talent, but the Big Ten has the best coaches. Meyer, Harbaugh, and Dantonio are three of the five best in the country. As long as those guys are at their respective schools the Big Ten is going to be formidable, despite its geographic disadvantages.

Bama_Man
09-18-2016, 12:24 AM
The SEC has the most talent, but the Big Ten has the best coaches. Meyer, Harbaugh, and Dantonio are three of the five best in the country. As long as those guys are at their respective schools the Big Ten is going to be formidable, despite its geographic disadvantages.

I'd take Saban over everyone but other two are clearly elite

GDawg88
09-18-2016, 12:43 AM
I'd take Saban over everyone but other two are clearly elite
I would too, but who's the second-best coach in the SEC? Les Miles, who's about to get sh!tcanned? Bielema, who finally went over .500 at Arkansas today? Freeze? McElwain?

GR8NESS
09-18-2016, 01:32 AM
I hate to say it, but Louisville is the best team in the country.

F*ck my life.

Djshockley3
09-18-2016, 02:03 AM
I hate to say it, but Louisville is the best team in the country.

F*ck my life.

Agreed.....

Dawgilicious
09-20-2016, 04:43 PM
NDSU is not a bad loss. Maybe one of these days the MVFC will get some love when they win these games, but I guess 2016 is not that time.

Storm
09-20-2016, 04:54 PM
osu loses all those players to the NFL, has like 11 brand new starters and they look even better this year than they did last. FML. As long as Urbz is there, Michigan isn't winning a B1G title.

Pretty impressed with what sparty is doing with a new QB. Their secondary is very raw though. Kelly really screwed up last week with his play calling. When he finally realized they could throw on sparty it was too little to late.

Call it 15 years of mediocrity, but I still have my reservations on Michigan. They are struggling to run the ball, but they lead the nation in 3rd down efficiency. They have one of the most dynamic playmakers in Jabrill Peppers, who finally housed his first punt return for a TD last week. But I still need to see more. Having sparty, osu, AND Iowa all on the road this season is a tall order.

Bama_Man
09-20-2016, 04:56 PM
NDSU is not a bad loss. Maybe one of these days the MVFC will get some love when they win these games, but I guess 2016 is not that time.

When its to a top 15 team that's at home, its a bad loss.

App State win FCS title year they beat Mich., is that not a bad loss? FBS teams ranked should beat FCS teams, period. NDSU lost their QB, #2 pick in draft, and none of their RBs were preseason All-FCS. Its a bad loss, period.

Bama_Man
09-20-2016, 04:58 PM
osu loses all those players to the NFL, has like 11 brand new starters and they look even better this year than they did last. FML. As long as Urbz is there, Michigan isn't winning a B1G title.

Pretty impressed with what sparty is doing with a new QB. Their secondary is very raw though. Kelly really screwed up last week with his play calling. When he finally realized they could throw on sparty it was too little to late.

Call it 15 years of mediocrity, but I still have my reservations on Michigan. They are struggling to run the ball, but they lead the nation in 3rd down efficiency. They have one of the most dynamic playmakers in Jabrill Peppers, who finally housed his first punt return for a TD last week. But I still need to see more. Having sparty, osu, AND Iowa all on the road this season is a tall order.
Iowa sucjs, UM crushes them. But MSU/tOSU are both very very good teams, and Michigan needs to establish a run game to be elite.

You guys bhave a good defense, a top 2-3 TE and one of best playmakers in nation. UM goes as far as O'Korn takes them. Playing Wisky in two weeks won't be easy tho.

Storm
09-21-2016, 07:49 AM
Well I hope they don't go as far as O'Korn takes them, considering he didn't win the QB competition and Wilton Speight is the starter......LOL

SCgamecock2988
09-21-2016, 08:08 AM
The SEC is down down down...

Bama_Man
09-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Well I hope they don't go as far as O'Korn takes them, considering he didn't win the QB competition and Wilton Speight is the starter......LOL

Ha yeah I had a brain fart, Speoght has played very well after his first ever pass attempt was an INT return for TD lol.

Bama_Man
09-21-2016, 03:35 PM
The SEC is down down down...

A bit sure. But so is everyone else. The SEC is pretty good w Bama, TAMU, Ark, and at least one East team will decide to mplay and look good. Most conferences have 1-2 good teams and a gaggle of mediocre.

Storm
09-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Ha yeah I had a brain fart, Speoght has played very well after his first ever pass attempt was an INT return for TD lol.

First attempt as a starter. He led UM to a victory last season against Minnesota after Rudock was knocked out of the game. But yeah, after a shaky start, he's looked pretty good.

I hate his shotput delivery though

Bama_Man
09-21-2016, 08:39 PM
First attempt as a starter. He led UM to a victory last season against Minnesota after Rudock was knocked out of the game. But yeah, after a shaky start, he's looked pretty good.

I hate his shotput delivery though

Harbaugh will iron it out, he's a QB whisperer. Look what he did w Kap in SF.

Got a great safety valve too, Butt is top 3 TE. Can the D stop the run and will the secondary hold up w Peppers moving to a STAR/hybrid type role instead of lockdown CB?

Storm
09-21-2016, 11:50 PM
D should get some help starting this week with Taco Charleton back after an ankle sprain. Bryan Mone should be back by Wisconsin. Those are two of our best defensive linemen. With the added rotation and depth getting to the QB, should help out the secondary. Couple that with All American CB Jordan Lewis being back hopefully this week, the defense should hold up against most anybody..........Linebacker is the weakest spot on the D, but with Peppers moving there should help some.

Have to beat either sparty or osu this season. If they somehow manage to lose to both again I fear the natives may actually get restless again.

Bama_Man
09-22-2016, 01:27 AM
Id say win v. MSU and loss v. tOSU is most likely scenario.

Storm
09-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Have to agree, unfortunately