Jamyest Williams to USC. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Jamyest Williams to USC.

lbzdually
08-27-2016, 06:52 PM
Muschamp pulls one from the state of Georgia. 4 star DB, but he's only 5'9" 175. Should make an immediate impact in the return game.

JRS
08-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Had to throw in that 5'9 comment to ease the sting I see.

JRS
08-27-2016, 09:37 PM
This guy has blown up and has even been labeled the best playmaking corner in the nation despite his size. This was a huge pick up by Muschamp at a position that lacks playmakers and quality depth.

lbzdually
08-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Had to throw in that 5'9 comment to ease the sting I see.

No he was 5'9" when UGA was recruiting him too. Doesn't sting a bit, not getting Gibbs is the one that will sting. I think UGA pulls him though, LeCounte next to Gibbs will be a tough pair to throw on. WR's are getting bigger and bigger, it doesn't matter how good the coverage when a 6'4" WR can go over his 5'9" defender. Williams will be a good return guy right away.

JRS
08-27-2016, 11:53 PM
No he was 5'9" when UGA was recruiting him too. Doesn't sting a bit, not getting Gibbs is the one that will sting. I think UGA pulls him though, LeCounte next to Gibbs will be a tough pair to throw on. WR's are getting bigger and bigger, it doesn't matter how good the coverage when a 6'4" WR can go over his 5'9" defender. Williams will be a good return guy right away.

If it didn't sting and you weren't really worried about it then why did you go out of your way to report it? We've had several 4* recruits commit over the last 5-6 weeks and not a single word from anyone.

Return guy? Yeah he can definitely help there but he is more than likely a day 1 starter at CB.

lbzdually
08-28-2016, 12:49 AM
If it didn't sting and you weren't really worried about it then why did you go out of your way to report it? We've had several 4* recruits commit over the last 5-6 weeks and not a single word from anyone.

Return guy? Yeah he can definitely help there but he is more than likely a day 1 starter at CB.

I posted it because he is a 4 star talent and no USC fan had yet said anything. I don't keep up with USC recruiting at all and the only reason I knew about him committing to USC is because he played on ESPN tonight. Have you known me to be a trash talker? Why would I start now over a 4 star recruit? Get your panties out of a bunch.

xAuBuRn
08-28-2016, 09:58 PM
Seems like sour grapes to me. If he was 5'7 okay, but you can be a really good corner at 5'9.

SCgamecock2988
08-29-2016, 07:59 AM
I don't even keep up with USC recruiting.

Herchel
08-29-2016, 11:01 AM
We wanted him badly. He is explosive.

lbzdually
08-29-2016, 04:11 PM
We wanted him badly. He is explosive.

I personally have nightmares of Mizzou a few years back where there 6'4" to 6'6" WR's got jump ball after jump ball over UGA's sub 6 ft corners. The corners could run with the WR's all day long, but the jump balls went to the WR 90% of the time. DeAngelo Gibbs is 6'2" and runs like Williams, that one will hurt if Gibbs goes elsewhere. I would like for UGA to get Williams as a return guy at least.

Bama_Man
08-29-2016, 05:14 PM
I personally have nightmares of Mizzou a few years back where there 6'4" to 6'6" WR's got jump ball after jump ball over UGA's sub 6 ft corners. The corners could run with the WR's all day long, but the jump balls went to the WR 90% of the time. DeAngelo Gibbs is 6'2" and runs like Williams, that one will hurt if Gibbs goes elsewhere. I would like for UGA to get Williams as a return guy at least.

Bama had same problems last two years with Cyrus Jones only being 5'9 and getting out jumped often on jump balls, but by his senior year he was able to to defend those guys in 99% of situations.

RedClayDawg
08-31-2016, 01:01 AM
Jamyest Williams is an elite football player regardless of height maybe, but was he not listed at 5-7 on a roster at the Opening according to Jake Rowe?

"He's not 5-9. He didn't measure in at that height at The Opening. The roster at the opening had him at 5-7. He listed himself at 5-9 IMO. I'm a shade under 5-10 and Jamyest is easily a couple inches shorter than me with cleats on."
-http://georgia.247sports.com/Board/19/Contents/Official-IMG-vs-Grayson-Thread-47005491?Page=4

How tall is Nick Saban?

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/123/775/4775123.png

lbzdually
08-31-2016, 12:50 PM
Jamyest Williams is an elite football player regardless of height maybe, but was he not listed at 5-7 on a roster at the Opening according to Jake Rowe?

"He's not 5-9. He didn't measure in at that height at The Opening. The roster at the opening had him at 5-7. He listed himself at 5-9 IMO. I'm a shade under 5-10 and Jamyest is easily a couple inches shorter than me with cleats on."
-http://georgia.247sports.com/Board/19/Contents/Official-IMG-vs-Grayson-Thread-47005491?Page=4

How tall is Nick Saban?

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/123/775/4775123.png

He's shorter than Nick Saban, even with at least 3 inches of hair sticking up. I think Saban is 5'7 to 5'8, so that means Williams is a legit 5'6-5'7.

lbzdually
12-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Watching Williams tonight in the state championship, I would gladly have him at UGA as a kick returner in McKenzies's role, but he got owned a few times when he was in good position by Roswell's taller WR's. There is no way he is 5'9".