LSU coach Les Miles' son Ben commits to play football at Nebraska [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : LSU coach Les Miles' son Ben commits to play football at Nebraska

zud the hut
08-01-2016, 11:15 PM
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_b44a6648-5763-11e6-8e16-4b16bb462db4.html

LSU made a splash by offering a scholarship to Catholic High School fullback Ben Miles, son of Tigers coach Les.

Most assumed LSU would be the frontrunner to sign the younger Miles, but he flipped the script others wrote for him by announcing his commitment to Nebraska in a tweet Sunday. He is listed as a three-star recruit by 247Sports.com.

“After the completion of my high school career, I will continue in my academic and athletic endeavors at the University of Nebraska,” Miles wrote. “I couldn’t be here without the help of my family, teachers, coaches and teammates. I’m looking forward to competing for Nebraska, but first I’m looking forward to competing for Catholic High.”

The 6-foot-1, 210-pound Miles also received notable offers from Michigan State, Purdue, North Carolina and Boston College.

“He’s very excited to join that storied program, and I think he will fit in their scheme well,” Catholic coach Dale Weiner said.

As a junior, Miles rushed for about 400 yards to help the Bears win the Division I select state title. He played in the same backfield with running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire, an LSU commitment.

Ben Miles follows his two older siblings out of state for college sports. Les Miles’ oldest daughter, Smacker, is a swimmer at Texas. His older son, Manny, a former quarterback at University High, is now at North Carolina.