Rick Stansbury at it again (recruiting) [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Rick Stansbury at it again (recruiting)

NCMISSSTFAN
06-29-2016, 08:44 PM
https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/5-star-center-mitchell-robinson-spurns-sec-commits-to-western-kentucky

I've always wondered how but Stan's has always been able to get very good talent....recruiting has never been a problem for him. He just pulled in a big time guy for next season. Newman is set to announce Friday, I wonder if he goes here also.

kentubbybasketball
06-29-2016, 10:13 PM
Stans know who to surround himself with. His staff has major connections. Robinson is a guy who said he wanted a UK offer, and from what I've heard he's really good. Now he just needs to coach the guys up.

NCMISSSTFAN
06-29-2016, 10:53 PM
I agree, the coaching part is what he needed to do a better job of. Maybe he has learned alot since MSU

SkyAntoine
06-30-2016, 08:40 AM
Big get. I'm torn on whether or not I pull for WKU now that Stans is there.
It wasn't his finest moment when he told anyone on WKU's campus wearing a UK or UL shirt to transfer.

kentubbybasketball
06-30-2016, 03:00 PM
He's made a few UK comments over the years that annoy me.

1. The commen about how the SEC caters to UK after the JOHN Wall SECT incident was bush league.

2. The comment you just mentioned.

That said I'm behind him at WKU. I hope they do well there.

NCMISSSTFAN
06-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Yeah Sky I read those comments, I wondered how UK and UofL fans felt about that, sounds to me like he just wanted to instill pride in the school. I haven't kept up with WKU for a while but it sounds like attendance has been down for years and the student body just doesn't seem to care. He may just be trying to right that ship.

He picked up a couple of pretty good grad transfers for this season, one from Providence, the other from Washington State also......as I always said, Stans found a way to get talent. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some other there before long.

kentubbybasketball
06-30-2016, 05:04 PM
He puts even more pressure on himself for results with what he recruits, especially at a c-USA level.

NCMISSSTFAN
06-30-2016, 07:34 PM
That's true, he has to produce with that talent