I thought this was an SEC board [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was an SEC board

deterp
06-28-2016, 11:27 AM
And not one of you MCPs has mentioned Pat Summitt this morning.
The winningest coach ever in D1 ball, a sterling example of leadership, doing the SEC proud and........ Nothing.
Just a terrible way to die, dementia, but hopefully now she is at peace and the family will know they are thought of.

Naval Aviator
06-28-2016, 11:29 AM
You are absolutely correct, Terp. Hell of a lady. One of he best coaches ever period!

kentubbybasketball
06-28-2016, 01:00 PM
She was amazing. I read her autobiography two years ago. Living in Tennessee for 6 years of my life, I have a fondness for Pat and the Lady Vols program. So many tributes have been given. I think she's one of the Mt. Rushmore coaches of any sport (and forget gender, too).

Storm
06-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Very sad. RIP to Buddy Ryan as well. Tough day in the sports world.

joehogjoe
06-28-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm so glad her struggle is over. Her family can remember her the way she deserves to be remembered.

She was a better coach than most every get to see.

HunkerDown
06-28-2016, 01:49 PM
RIP coach :(

The Zou
06-28-2016, 02:25 PM
What a great coach -- RIP.

MKfromPA
06-28-2016, 06:24 PM
She was amazing. I read her autobiography two years ago. Living in Tennessee for 6 years of my life, I have a fondness for Pat and the Lady Vols program. So many tributes have been given. I think she's one of the Mt. Rushmore coaches of any sport (and forget gender, too).

Keep classy, KT. You the man! God bless Pat Summit. No question, one of the greatest coaches of all-time in any sport.

DecaturDawg
06-28-2016, 06:37 PM
I can remember when Landers would lose against her (nearly always) and think to myself: " No shame in losing to PHS. There us none better".

I think as admirable as her record was, her ability to instill pride, work ethic, and confidence in young adults was even more so.

ECDawg78
06-28-2016, 06:46 PM
Pat Head Summitt set the bar for all coaches in women's college basketball, and deserves to be honored as one of the best college coaches of any sport. Finally her suffering is over and her family and friends can find the peace that surely now she has......

Wave&Dawgs
07-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Peyton Manning had a really good tribute to her. Said she could have coached any sport at any level, men's or women's, and succeeded.

Dr.SwineSmeller
07-30-2016, 08:04 PM
Pat was a winner in life as well as on the court.