UGA gets a 2019 commit. This kid is a freak. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UGA gets a 2019 commit. This kid is a freak.

Herchel
06-21-2016, 12:43 PM
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/luke-little-freak-griffin-get-to-know-ugas-youngest-commitment

lbzdually
06-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Yes he is. great frame, super quick feet and is gaining power. I will watch him play a few times this year as my daughter is in North Murray's band as an 8th grader and only 6 8th graders got that honor. (sorry had to brag) He plays on a travel basketball team and they have won or finished 2nd against top teams in tournaments from all over the Southeast. Looking at him in person, he doesn't look 280+ lbs, so he can stand to gain a few lbs, but as quick as he is now, I don't think 30-40 lbs will hurt him.

lbzdually
08-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Went to my niece's softball game yesterday and he was there. to look at him you would think he weighs 230-240, he is that lean and carries weight well. What UGA fans will also love is his attitude and fact that you will probably never hear his name on a police blotter. He's just a big kid and doesn't act like one of those I'm better than you type athletes.

zud the hut
08-06-2016, 03:47 PM
It's really hard for me to get excited about a kid a couple of years down the road.

It's hard to keep up with this year's class and there's going to be so much happening between now and February, let alone 2 years down the road!

lbzdually
08-24-2016, 11:40 PM
I watched him play last Friday and while he is a good OT prospect, he may be a better DL prospect. He runs a legit 4.7-4.8 at his current size and could not be blocked, albeit against sub-par competition. With another year to mature and hitting the camp circuit to play against better competition, he could be a 5 star OT or DT. Zud, the only reason I'm excited about this is that not many top level D1 players come from my area. Calhoun is the closest, with Kris Durham and Alabama kicker Adam Griffith.

lbzdually
09-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Don't know what happened but he had to leave tonight's game by ambulance.

lbzdually
09-10-2016, 12:26 PM
He was knocked out cold for a while during the game but could move all extremities after he woke up. He was released from the hospital last night after a short observation period.

lbzdually
09-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Luke was out cold for 15-20 minutes. We was breathing but unresponsive during the whole time. He took a knee to the head making a tackle. Scary stuff, there wasn't even an ambulance at the game, it them 20 minutes to get there. On top of it all Drs. didn't even do a CT scan to check for damage before they sent him home.

lbzdually
12-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Well Griffin blew his knee out during a basketball game the other day. Don't know what happened, but he is done for basketball season.