Big Blue leads the NCAA in attendance. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Big Blue leads the NCAA in attendance.

joehogjoe
06-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Kentucky finished atop the NCAA in men's basketball attendance. Congrats
Arkansas finished 2nd in the SEC and #12 Nationally.
Tennessee finished 3rd in the SEC and #17. Bama came in 4th and #22.

Sec Co-champ Texas A&M finished an embarrassing 9th in the SEC and shameful #50 overall. Come on take a page from your football team and show up.

Hopefully SEC teams will be better next year as many SEC teams expect better results.

Just Some Hog Dude
06-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Arkansas wasn't 12th in the nation in attendance. They might have been 12th in tickets sold. It seems like the gym was two thirds empty most of last season.

SCgamecock2988
06-10-2016, 11:08 AM
What was our position in the league?

joehogjoe
06-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Top half I believe. Your ladies did much better.

JSHD believe what you want.

SkyAntoine
06-10-2016, 01:59 PM
I'm not doing season tickets next year so I hope I don't knock us off the top of the list.

joehogjoe
06-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Well #2 did make it to the final 4 so maybe you should keep 'em.

CB3UK
06-10-2016, 09:58 PM
That's business as usual. We're not compelled to brag about it; it's merely a foregone conclusion each season.

joehogjoe
06-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Were not just talking about your school new one. FYI Syracuse was #1 in game attendance the last two years. They will definitely challenge for the top attendance spot next season coming off a Final Four.

kentubbybasketball
06-11-2016, 10:59 AM
That's business as usual. We're not compelled to brag about it; it's merely a foregone conclusion each season.

Welcome to the board. We need some new blood around here, especially UK fans.

CB3UK
06-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Were not just talking about your school new one. FYI Syracuse was #1 in game attendance the last two years. They will definitely challenge for the top attendance spot next season coming off a Final Four.First, I'm no rookie. ..just a new face on this particular board. Second, Kentucky has been the nation's leader in attendance in all but 3 years since 1976, when Rupp Arena was built. The 3 years Syracuse led were seasons when they had quality teams. I would call that business as usual.

Arkansas and Tennessee have always shown up when they have a quality product on the floor. Barnes might get the Vols to respectability, but Anderson's tenure is approaching the make or break point in Fayetteville.

kentubbybasketball
06-11-2016, 01:49 PM
That is an interesting point. Anderson has sold his lot with JUCOS this coming season. It'll be interesting to see how it pans not. Talent wise they seem to think they have better days ahead reading some press conference transcripts from Anderson.

AlienBeans
06-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Kentucky finished atop the NCAA in men's basketball attendance. Congrats
Arkansas finished 2nd in the SEC and #12 Nationally.
Tennessee finished 3rd in the SEC and #17. Bama came in 4th and #22.

Sec Co-champ Texas A&M finished an embarrassing 9th in the SEC and shameful #50 overall. Come on take a page from your football team and show up.

Hopefully SEC teams will be better next year as many SEC teams expect better results.

link please

joehogjoe
06-12-2016, 05:09 PM
First, I'm no rookie. ..just a new face on this particular board. Second, Kentucky has been the nation's leader in attendance in all but 3 years since 1976, when Rupp Arena was built. The 3 years Syracuse led were seasons when they had quality teams. I would call that business as usual.

Arkansas and Tennessee have always shown up when they have a quality product on the floor. Barnes might get the Vols to respectability, but Anderson's tenure is approaching the make or break point in Fayetteville.

check your facts, and also I didn't call you a rookie, just new one, should have said one of many new ones. Kentucky is generally the leader most years, but not always and your incorrect about all but 3 years since 76. In fact the 90's belonged to Syracuse who took 6 years of that decade. The Orange has won at least 14 years since Rupp opened. And the Orange holds the all time season average at just under 30k.

joehogjoe
06-12-2016, 05:13 PM
That is an interesting point. Anderson has sold his lot with JUCOS this coming season. It'll be interesting to see how it pans not. Talent wise they seem to think they have better days ahead reading some press conference transcripts from Anderson.Arkansas has always used Juco's, many times to great effect. Ron Brewer, Darrell Walker, Alvin Robertson, Butch Davis, Corey Beck, Sonny Weems, and many more.

kentubbybasketball
06-12-2016, 06:17 PM
You have 3 or 4 in one class. That screams desperation to me.

joehogjoe
06-12-2016, 09:22 PM
You have 3 or 4 in one class. That screams desperation to me.we'll see, they are 3 of the top 5. Barford will be awesome.

kentubbybasketball
06-12-2016, 11:12 PM
You're right. We'll see. Is this where you expected to be with Anderdon. 1 NCAAT in 5 years. Seems like Pel did better than that.

joehogjoe
06-13-2016, 08:49 AM
Pel left us in an academic nightmare that took several years just to even out. Its not where we want to be but the direction is right. These JC kids were Arkansas bound had they been eligible as freshman. Barford and Macon are the athletic guards we've been missing. Freshman Adrio Bailey may be the most athletic player we've had since Derek Hood. Cook will be the perfect complimentary forward to Moses. We have a good schedule to challenge us early and our trip to Spain in August gives the team extra practice time. It will easily be the most talented team Anderson has had at Arkansas.

kentubbybasketball
06-13-2016, 04:00 PM
More athletic than Qualllllllls?

joehogjoe
06-13-2016, 04:49 PM
More athletic than Qualllllllls?everyone sees him as a Qualls clone only taller. Last year we had two players at best who could play above the rim. This year we'll have 6 or 7. It should be a better mix.

kentubbybasketball
06-13-2016, 06:26 PM
So, hes' more athletic than Qualls? I want to pin you down on record on that one.

joehogjoe
06-13-2016, 09:53 PM
That is what I've read. I won't have my own opinion till I see him on the court.

kentubbybasketball
06-14-2016, 06:42 AM
Well you said he's the most athletic. Nice you're walking that one back. I would too until I saw him.

joehogjoe
06-14-2016, 09:25 AM
No KT I said he may be more athletic, I did not say he was, or take a step back. It is clear in his videos he has hops and Bailey has very big hands. He isn't a 5 star instant starter. He will get time to develop just as Michael did.

Those that don't like Anderson want him gone now. He took a lot of flack over Monk and the Florida kid Allen. But he's seemed to have managed to get commitments from the next set of great Arkansas HS phenoms.

kentubbybasketball
06-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Go big or go home. You know what you were doing and saying. If you're saying he could be the most athletic, you're putting him above Qualls. Are you brave enough to own what you implied/said or not?

It says something when other schools in your own league are recruiting your state better than you. End of the day, Arkansas knew what they were getting in Anderson. He's not a great recruiter in terms of high school all-stars, he wasn't that for 17 years with Nolan either. He coached up good players at UAB and Mizzou, that's where he's made his resume. It's not on the recruiting trail.

joehogjoe
06-14-2016, 05:16 PM
They won't now, UK and other schools are not getting the next great Arkansas players from 2017.Anderson is not a great recruiter I agree, but perhaps Scotty Thurman can be. Adrio Bailey may be the most athletic player since Derek Hood. That's what I said, I am going on statements by those more knowledgeable than I. I like what I see. He's great around the rim. He's already on campus.

kentubbybasketball
06-14-2016, 09:43 PM
Joe, UK isn't recruiting any of those guys. Sure you can get them when UK and UF isn't trying to get them. Thurman isn't scaring anybody on the trail by the way.

Have you seen Bailey or not? Earlier you basically said you haven't.

joehogjoe
06-15-2016, 11:35 AM
I've only watch his videos. But they're highlight videos. They only show the positive.

I'm glad UK isn't recruiting Daniel Gafford.

Thurman has only been on the job a few months. Give him time. Florida got Allen because Allen never had any allegiance to the Hogs. UK can offer Arkansas kids but Florida got lucky. I don't know why anyone would want to play in their dump.