Baylor fires Art Briles [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Baylor fires Art Briles

dnmuga93
05-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Baylor had zero choice IMO. He had to go.

Dawg in Dallas
05-26-2016, 12:38 PM
I am surprised, the consensus out here is that Starr would be the one to be fired and that Briles would keep his job.

NDSMC78
05-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Baylor had zero choice IMO. He had to go.

Agree. The school was left with no other options.

Herchel
05-26-2016, 02:53 PM
The report.

http://247sports.com/Gallery/45506191/GallerySlides/272464-272464?View=Full#272469-272469

Bama_Man
05-26-2016, 03:59 PM
Starr is gone as president as well DiD.

But this had to happen. Its disgusting how this all went down, and the NCAA proves again how worthless it is by not going after Baylor. As someone in other thread noted, how is this situation not textbook LOIC?

I support kids getting second chances for minor incidents, but to cover up sexual assault and domestic abuse allegations is despicable and I hope the whole staff getsvthe axe and the players get hammered.

joehogjoe
05-27-2016, 09:16 AM
Hey Ken Starr Karma's a b!#ch. Couldn't happen to a more worthy POS.

OxfordSeminole
05-27-2016, 10:17 AM
Starr is gone as president as well DiD.

But this had to happen. Its disgusting how this all went down, and the NCAA proves again how worthless it is by not going after Baylor. As someone in other thread noted, how is this situation not textbook LOIC?

I support kids getting second chances for minor incidents, but to cover up sexual assault and domestic abuse allegations is despicable and I hope the whole staff getsvthe axe and the players get hammered.

This is outside the NCAA's scope. This is criminal activity. If they did want to punish, I would hope they'd hammer Briles with a lengthy show-cause (and any assistants named as part of the cover up), and find a way to punish the athletes actually involved. Other than that, let the criminal justice system handle it.

Just Some Hog Dude
05-27-2016, 11:26 AM
Poor Baylor. If they had only acted sooner and had a good athletic director take control of the situation early on. Now they will probably go back to being terrible.

Naval Aviator
05-27-2016, 01:17 PM
Briles went from $250K a year at UofH to $5M at Baylor. Amazing.

Just don't send you daughters to Waco, boys. The report is damning.

TexasFight
05-27-2016, 01:24 PM
This is outside the NCAA's scope. This is criminal activity. If they did want to punish, I would hope they'd hammer Briles with a lengthy show-cause (and any assistants named as part of the cover up), and find a way to punish the athletes actually involved. Other than that, let the criminal justice system handle it.

Tell that to Penn State. If what was going on in State College was "lack of institutional control," this certainly is.

Anyway, none of this will save Baylor from what's to come, nor should it.

Bama_Man
05-27-2016, 01:57 PM
Tell that to Penn State. If what was going on in State College was "lack of institutional control," this certainly is.

Anyway, none of this will save Baylor from what's to come, nor should it.

That's what I was thinking. PSU got hammered bc of criminal attacks and a cover up, Baylor is basically the exact same situation. Sexual assault with the university trying to cover the assaults up or pressure victims into not going to outside authorities.

Herchel
05-27-2016, 02:02 PM
Nutt is all about heppin people. He could be the new coach.

joehogjoe
05-27-2016, 02:15 PM
Cuz it too old now.

JDThirstyAg
05-29-2016, 10:35 PM
I wonder what will happen to the staff or coaches who went and talked to the parents of the victims?