Updated 2016 Class Rankings (Scout) [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Updated 2016 Class Rankings (Scout)

NCMISSSTFAN
05-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Its somewhat quiet around here so I decided to share this. Representing the SEC in the top 25 are:

#1 Kentucky-Once again Cal has come up with a #1 class. This is a huge trend that he has been able to maintain and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Ive actually seen Edrice Adebayo in this area a few times (along with Dennis Smith Jr who actually played AAU with my son when they were young...side note* lol) and he is an athletic freak. He reminds you of guys like Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard, Deandre Jordan etc. with his athleticsm and size. UK fans (or anyone) how do you compare this classes talent with recent UK classes?

#6 Mississippi State-Ben Howland has only been at MSU for a year and has already produced a top 10 class (2016) and top 15 class (2015). This year I have a feeling we will see some of that success in recruiting translate into wins. Last year we were rebuilding and learning a new system with talented young guys, this season those guys are a year older and we are bringing in a ton of talent to go with them. Even if Newman leaves I'm confident in Ready, Weathersoon and Holman as being the leaders for this young new nucleus coming in. I'm excited about 2016 and will be disappointed if we aren't in some sort of post season play.

#17 Auburn-It will only be a matter of time before Pearl gets Auburn going and getting a huge recruit like Mustapha Heron will surely help. They also bring in a 4 star PG in Harper and a good big man in Mclemore. Pearl has always been one of those coaches that scared me when we played against them and getting these guys will get them going soon.

http://www.scout.com/college/ucla/story/1668028-updated-2016-top-25-class-rankings

As a whole I think the talent in the SEC will step up this year....Alabama, USC, A&M and Georgia also signed some top 100 guys too and I expect all those teams to be solid next year. As well as Tennessee who added some athletes! (Kwe Parker in particular who I've seen in person numerous times)

The one team who didn't make a huge splash in recruiting initially this year was Florida. But if I'm not mistaken didn't they just pick up a couple of really good grad transfers?

Bama_Man
05-12-2016, 07:53 PM
I expect Bama to be in the NCAAT next year and be a serious threat in the SEC, if we can replace Retin, there's talent there and I trust AJ.

TexasFight
05-13-2016, 08:55 AM
I hope we land Jarrett Allen. We need him. Andrew Jones and Kerwin Roach should be the most explosive backcourt in the country.

SkyAntoine
05-13-2016, 09:02 AM
With the level of quality coaches in the SEC, quality of players will come. I just hope teams show some patience until newer recruits can make more contribution.
It will definitely make it difficult for UK to go undefeated in the following years.

j/k

joehogjoe
05-14-2016, 06:00 PM
The Hogs will be back in the Tourney this coming season and will have a say who wins the SEC. We return 2 of our top 3 scorers and upgrade at virtually every position that is replaced.