Way too Early Rankings for 2017 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Way too Early Rankings for 2017

kentubbybasketball
04-04-2016, 01:06 PM
These are coming out before the title game now.

Sporting News has 1. UK
2. Duke
3. Nova
4. UNC
5. UofL

Only MSU is also in the top 25 and they are 24.

NCMISSSTFAN
04-04-2016, 03:24 PM
ESPN Rankings?

NCMISSSTFAN
04-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Nevermind, I saw where you said Sporting News. Nice to see our guys get a little love too, MSU basketball has been down for a long time. I'm hoping this is the year we turn things around.

kentubbybasketball
04-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Nevermind, I saw where you said Sporting News. Nice to see our guys get a little love too, MSU basketball has been down for a long time. I'm hoping this is the year we turn things around.

ESPN and everybody else usually has theirs out later tonight or the Tuesday morning after the title game.

MKfromPA
04-04-2016, 07:08 PM
None of the top 5 surprise me. I would expect each school to compete for the Title in 2017.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Kentucky #1? :rotf:

Those media idiots never learn do they...

A bunch of one and dones can't beat junior and senior laden power house teams.

THE ONLY REASON Calipari has won a national championship at Kentucky is because John Wall was gracious enough to give Cal another year. That's it. John Wall types come along about once every ten years.

kentubbybasketball
04-04-2016, 11:58 PM
None of the top 5 surprise me. I would expect each school to compete for the Title in 2017.
I'm ready for it. But what a tough loss for UNC. Ahy buzzer beater is painful but after you tied with 4.6 seconds on a double clutch 30 foorer. I'm not a UNC fan, but man.

NCMISSSTFAN
04-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Agreed, losing like that will have you sick for a long time.

kentubbybasketball
04-05-2016, 12:49 PM
UK is #2 in every poll except for being #1 and #3 in two separate polls.

GoDores
04-05-2016, 02:00 PM
I can't blame anyone for not including Vandy after the performance this past season, but if Bryce Drew is worthy, Vandy will be a top 25 team next year.

joehogjoe
04-05-2016, 02:13 PM

THE ONLY REASON Calipari has won a national championship at Kentucky is because John Wall was gracious enough to give Cal another year. That's it. John Wall types come along about once every ten years.

We'll they did sign the traitor's little brother Mr. Choke. UK will be excellent but I think UNC will be motivated more.

joehogjoe
04-05-2016, 02:14 PM
I can't blame anyone for not including Vandy after the performance this past season, but if Bryce Drew is worthy, Vandy will be a top 25 team next year.

How excited are you by this hire? Seems like you got a really good one.

kentubbybasketball
04-05-2016, 04:46 PM

I think Vandy certainly has the pieces to mask what seems to be a shallow resume on the offensive end of the ball for Bryce Drew. But, I tell you, from a defensive standpoint, he is amazing. It might be a great convergence for Vandy for this year. How he does in recruiting will matter as it does everywhere.

kentubbybasketball
04-05-2016, 04:47 PM
And, can we please stop with the traitor stuff. Archie Goodwin and Malik Monk clearly made the right decisions in coming to Kentucky over Arkansas, given how Arkansas fans have shown their true colors. When UK loses top recruits, I don't bemoan players. It's quite ridiculous. If either of them want to make their home in KY, ain't nobody here going to be sad about it. I hope Marcus Monk helps us when it comes to future Arkansas recruits than we want.

Speaking of recruiting and next year, Skal Labissiere just announced that he is going to hire an agent. That means he and Jamal Murray are gone for sure. The fact that UK can lose two lottery picks (and potentially a First Team All-American in Tyler Ulis) and still be top 2 is amazing and a testament to what Cal is doing.

joehogjoe
04-05-2016, 09:52 PM
And, can we please stop with the traitor stuff. Archie Goodwin and Malik Monk clearly made the right decisions in coming to Kentucky over Arkansas, given how Arkansas fans have shown their true colors. When UK loses top recruits, I don't bemoan players. It's quite ridiculous. If either of them want to make their home in KY, ain't nobody here going to be sad about it. I hope Marcus Monk helps us when it comes to future Arkansas recruits than we want.

Speaking of recruiting and next year, Skal Labissiere just announced that he is going to hire an agent. That means he and Jamal Murray are gone for sure. The fact that UK can lose two lottery picks (and potentially a First Team All-American in Tyler Ulis) and still be top 2 is amazing and a testament to what Cal is doing.

Marcus Monk is a traitor, he has burned his bridges with the Hogs. Hope what he was paid will help. As for Malik I don't refer to his as a traitor, he's a good kid, it's all on his piece of sh*t brother. Malik will be good at UK, maybe great. He needs to be surrounded with players who can win championships.

GR8NESS
04-05-2016, 10:01 PM

SECFanatics: Where facts are optional!

kentubbybasketball
04-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Marcus Monk is a traitor, he has burned his bridges with the Hogs. Hope what he was paid will help. As for Malik I don't refer to his as a traitor, he's a good kid, it's all on his piece of sh*t brother. Malik will be good at UK, maybe great. He needs to be surround
ed with players who can win championships.
Thats why he chose UK. He's not winning a title at Arkansas IMO due to the surrounding pieces.

I am sure UK will take care of Monk to the point where the broken bridge to the Hogs won't matter to his big bro.

GoDores
04-05-2016, 10:25 PM
How excited are you by this hire? Seems like you got a really good one.

I've got no problems with it. He's been successful. Young- should energize the fan base. I'm interested to see him at the press conference. The biggest question right now is recruiting. On paper he looks like a good recruiter (young, players coach with college and nba experience), but we'll have to see how that pans out.

His first recruiting pitch is this press conference. I don't really have a feel for him yet. I think the ceiling here is really high though.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-06-2016, 10:00 PM
:banghead: And, can we please stop with the traitor stuff. Archie Goodwin and Malik Monk clearly made the right decisions in coming to Kentucky over Arkansas, given how Arkansas fans have shown their true colors. When UK loses top recruits, I don't bemoan players. It's quite ridiculous. If either of them want to make their home in KY, ain't nobody here going to be sad about it. I hope Marcus Monk helps us when it comes to future Arkansas recruits than we want.

I didn't want Marcus Monk in the first place. I even said it that way back when he was just a junior in high school. I don't think it really mattered to Mike Anderson either way, because once again, a one and doner ain't worth nothing to the "team" concept. MA knows it too. There never was much fanfare in Arkansas on him being a Hog. And Anderson sure wasn't beating Monk's door down to get him to come to Arkansas. All us here in Arkansas have known Monk is a one and doner since he was a sophomore in high school. He is going to be a freshman and nothing else. Match up any good senior on him next season and Monk's numbers will be average.

I'd rather be Arkansas and miss the tourney as to have the embarrassment of being literally stacked with the top recruits in the nation and getting my butt waxed in the round of 32 like Kentucky :rotf:, with a 5 million dollar coach at that... :rotf: To answer you're final line, a testament what Cal is doing? Getting his @ss waxed in the round of 32. That's what I saw him do. :rotf: Maybe the rest of America saw something different? If so, I know a good opthamologist I can recommend.

What amazes me, is Kentucky fans actually buy into Cal's one and done scheme. The only celebrating Kentucky fans are doing is in the recruiting season, like now. That is worth a whole half a pile of beans in March. Cal is doing nothing more than showcasing freshman (and a few sophomores) for the NBA.

And now comes the time again when Kentubby bails out of the thread after one more post.

kentubbybasketball
04-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Truth, because honestly the content of your post is so off kilter it doesn't really need a response.

I'll just say thanks for not wanting Malik Monk. We'll take him.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Truth, because honestly the content of your post is so off kilter it doesn't really need a response.

I'll just say thanks for not wanting Malik Monk. We'll take him.

You're welcome, Kentubby, and I guess you missed it in my other post, so again, I never wanted Monk. So your jabs carry no punch with me. Maybe to JoeHog, but not me.

And no I am not off kilter.... I nailed it, and once again, you can't accept obvious facts, rather preferring to believe your freshman will somehow be better than an experienced Villanova or North Carolina or Connecticut or a host of other traditional power house teams. Kentucky wasn't even in that class this season, and you have the nations top recruiting class year after year. Can we say second tier performers? Sure we can. :rotf:

Once again, if not for a true super star college player in John Wall, graciously giving Cal another year rather than going ahead and bolting for the NBA after a freshman season, Cal wouldn't have a single championship. Cal hasn't done nothing Tubby or Pitino didn't do at Kentucky. One NC in 7 years. Every Kentucky coach does that. With the literal best players in the nation bunched on a single team, Cal is failing. Heck, Cal didn't even win the SEC this season, and the SEC was weak top to bottom to say the least (that includes Kentucky)... And I don't think there is a single person that would disagree that Kentucky has the best players in the game, coast to coast. The NBA draft plainly tells us that. It's not a genius thingy.

Bye bye Kentubby, I'll be happy to take over your thread from here and make reality the theme... Go make yourself another pitcher of blue kool-aid.

kentubbybasketball
04-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Lol, but I'm the one not using facts. There's a lot of lies in your post. John Wall played more than one year? Kentucky didn't win the SEC this year. That's all news to me.

I'm glad I'm in reality.

msudawg4life
04-07-2016, 02:00 PM
dang....the popcorn is gone!

SkyAntoine
04-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Yep, Cal sucks...
2009-10 Elite Eight
2010-11 Final Four
2011-12 NCAA Championship
2012-13 NIT
2013-14 Championship runner-up
2014-15 Final Four (38-1)
2015-16 Lost 2nd round

kentubbybasketball
04-07-2016, 05:30 PM
I know. Poor Kentucky.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Lol, but I'm the one not using facts. There's a lot of lies in your post. John Wall played more than one year? Kentucky didn't win the SEC this year. That's all news to me.

I'm glad I'm in reality.

Well he was a sensational freshman that only comes along once every 10 years then. At any rate, if not for John Wall, Cal would be still searching for his first NC.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-07-2016, 08:08 PM
dang....the popcorn is gone!

http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/food-smileys/popcorn_smiley.gif

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-07-2016, 08:11 PM
I know. Poor Kentucky.

Yes, poor Kentucky. I'm glad to see you finally admit to the truth.

kentubbybasketball
04-08-2016, 12:28 AM
With middling results like that, it'd tough. At least we are not Arkansas.

MKfromPA
04-08-2016, 08:06 PM
I'm ready for it. But what a tough loss for UNC. Ahy buzzer beater is painful but after you tied with 4.6 seconds on a double clutch 30 foorer. I'm not a UNC fan, but man.

True. Tough way to go out. But honestly, I don't feel bad for UNC. They'll be back next year. The Heels always are.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-09-2016, 03:03 PM
With middling results like that, it'd tough. At least we are not Arkansas.

Middling results? That's what you have at Kentucky for sure. For the money you pay your coach, people expect a Saban type dynasty. Cal isn't even coming close.

What, 40 million+ now in 8 years for one NC? Can we say over paid?

And Arkansas basketball isn't Kentucky basketball, not even by a long shot. So to compare the two programs is irrelevant.

kentubbybasketball
04-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Well, I guess when you only have 8 titles in 114 years, yeah we should have a dynasty. So silly. Just stop.

Bama_Man
04-09-2016, 11:26 PM
I don't agree completely with SS, but the question can be asked: what are the expectations with Cal? To win a national title, or gets kids in the NBA? UK fans I would assume prefer the former while the kids and the NBA prefer the latter. Its tough to win a national title, extremely tough trying to do so with players whove never had the tourney pressure on them. Isn't it worth asking if UK is getting their moneys worth? Cal pushes the NBA, big money to the kids, not winning titles at UK. If they win sure its nice, but doesn't it seem like the proud UK blue could be seen as a pawn, players want national attention and NBA money but don't care about winning games? Its a doub!e edged sword, and other teams like Nova prove that top 50 recruits are not the only way to win. Duke has been successful with young guys but they usually have veterans mixed in who have dealt with that pressure. Even when UK won the title in 2012, there were guys like Darius Miller, Vargas, Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones who had tourney experience combined with uber talents like MKG and Anthony Davis.

And SS, Wall never won a title at UK.

kentubbybasketball
04-10-2016, 01:39 PM
If it's not clear what we want, what else needs to be said. Saying UK is just a pawn is so blatantly disrespectful. All our one and done come back and take ownership. John Wall didn't have to go t De'Aaron Fox's high school if UK was just a pawn. I'm done even discussing this, because that kind of reasoning is so outside the realm of UK fans.

This notion that Nova won without talent is silly. They had top 75 guys all over that roster. Give me a break.

Dr.SwineSmeller
04-10-2016, 03:03 PM
I don't agree completely with SS, but the question can be asked: what are the expectations with Cal? To win a national title, or gets kids in the NBA? UK fans I would assume prefer the former while the kids and the NBA prefer the latter. Its tough to win a national title, extremely tough trying to do so with players whove never had the tourney pressure on them. Isn't it worth asking if UK is getting their moneys worth? Cal pushes the NBA, big money to the kids, not winning titles at UK. If they win sure its nice, but doesn't it seem like the proud UK blue could be seen as a pawn, players want national attention and NBA money but don't care about winning games? Its a doub!e edged sword, and other teams like Nova prove that top 50 recruits are not the only way to win. Duke has been successful with young guys but they usually have veterans mixed in who have dealt with that pressure. Even when UK won the title in 2012, there were guys like Darius Miller, Vargas, Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones who had tourney experience combined with uber talents like MKG and Anthony Davis.

And SS, Wall never won a title at UK. well in that case, Cal has overachieved at UK. They should just give Cal a life time contract.

Bama_Man
04-11-2016, 09:57 PM
If it's not clear what we want, what else needs to be said. Saying UK is just a pawn is so blatantly disrespectful. All our one and done come back and take ownership. John Wall didn't have to go t De'Aaron Fox's high school if UK was just a pawn. I'm done even discussing this, because that kind of reasoning is so outside the realm of UK fans.

This notion that Nova won without talent is silly. They had top 75 guys all over that roster. Give me a break.

You won't discuss it because you know damn well its a paradox, if not why are yolu so scared to weigh in? Is the expectation for Kentucky to win national titles, or put the most kids in the NBA?

And how many five star players were on Novas roster? Top 50 guys?

I'll give you a hint, its one. Several top 100 recruits, but only one 'elite' recruit, a guy in the top 50 and top 5 at their position. The rest were good players, but not top recruits. There are what, forty schools out there who land kids as talented as Villanova does? And yet, those upperclassmen, guys who had played in the tournament, led them to a national title. Are you seriously going to dispute that having upperclassmen is an advantage?

But yo wont reply, you are chicken**** if you can't just wave your hand and make everyone think you know more about basketball than everyone else. And yes, PAWNS get played. I said it could appear to some that kids use UK as a tool, a PAWN, to get to the NBA. I didn't say I thought that way, I said I could see how someone could come to that conclusion.

kentubbybasketball
04-12-2016, 07:02 AM
You are so out of touch. You are not the authority on UK basketball. From the outside, you can't respond to how UK fans have a paradox because you have no idea.

How many of your four year Bama guys actually come back and support your program? The fact that our APR gas led the SEC with VANDY since Cal has been here shows UK isn't just a pawn on the way to the NBA.

By the ways Kudos on Nova's title. Looking at how this normally goes with Duke, UK, and UNC's recent titles, I'd say that way is working more often. To continue to denigrate Nova's talent is crazy. As I said all their rotation was top 75 and high school all stars. Jay wasn't working with scraps.

By the way, stay classy. Your foul language proves you're our of your league here.

SkyAntoine
04-12-2016, 09:59 AM
College basketball is more random than other sports. Like baseball anything can happen....except in baseball you play series. Put UK in a series of 5 or 7 games since Cal has been here and my guess is we dominate.

I expect to win the national championship and go 40-0 every year. But, that doesn't mean I'm disappointed and ready to fire our coach when we only make it to 4 Final Fours and win 1 NC during Cal's tenure.

kentubbybasketball
04-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Exactly. I can think of 3 times that we had the best tram in the field. In a series we have those titles. Anything can happen in a one off.

GR8NESS
04-12-2016, 08:05 PM

And SS, Wall never won a title at UK.

UK fans expect Final Fours. That's pretty much the bar that's been set. If you're making F4s consistently, you're competing for titles. We ran Tubby off for not making them. It's really f*cking hard to win basketball titles. We have 8 in ~75 years of the NCAA tournament. UCLA leads the pack with 11, and those were in about 20 years essentially. We have the most consistency in titles over history.

Cal's seasons through the years

2010: 1 seed (Not the overall #1); lost 3 games, SEC regular season & SECT title. Elite 8.
2011: 4 seed; lost 9 games, SECT title. Final Four.
2012: 1 seed; lost 2 games, SEC title. Champs.
2013: NIT.
2014: 8 seed; National runner up.
2015: Won first 38 games. SECT, SEC Regular Season champs. Final Four.
2016: 4 seed; SECT title, SEC Regular Season (shared) champs.

Calipari is 9-1 against UofL, 4-2 against UNC, 3-1 against KU.

Historically we've won one title every 9 years since the tournament started being played, and some of those tournaments had less than 64 teams. We've made a final four every 5-6 years. (Again, some tourneys had less than 64). Cal is responsible for 25% of our Final Fours!

Any notion that Cal isn't meeting expectations is quite frankly, laughable.

Bama_Man
04-12-2016, 11:10 PM
UK fans expect Final Fours. That's pretty much the bar that's been set. If you're making F4s consistently, you're competing for titles. We ran Tubby off for not making them. It's really f*cking hard to win basketball titles. We have 8 in ~75 years of the NCAA tournament. UCLA leads the pack with 11, and those were in about 20 years essentially. We have the most consistency in titles over history.

Cal's seasons through the years

2010: 1 seed (Not the overall #1); lost 3 games, SEC regular season & SECT title. Elite 8.
2011: 4 seed; lost 9 games, SECT title. Final Four.
2012: 1 seed; lost 2 games, SEC title. Champs.
2013: NIT.
2014: 8 seed; National runner up.
2015: Won first 38 games. SECT, SEC Regular Season champs. Final Four.
2016: 4 seed; SECT title, SEC Regular Season (shared) champs.

Calipari is 9-1 against UofL, 4-2 against UNC, 3-1 against KU.

Historically we've won one title every 9 years since the tournament started being played, and some of those tournaments had less than 64 teams. We've made a final four every 5-6 years. (Again, some tourneys had less than 64). Cal is responsible for 25% of our Final Fours!

Any notion that Cal isn't meeting expectations is quite frankly, laughable.

THANK YOU! That is all I was asking, what are the expectations? And you answered it, something chickensht KT refused to do so he could get on his high horse and look down upon peasants like me who are inferior to him, KT the basketball jeebus.

If it comes to a point in which UK stumbles for a period of time without making any deep tourney runs but still puts kids ijn the NBA, will UK fans want a change? My point is, at what point does Cal become a mercenary instead of a coach at UK? I never said I thought it was happening now, and that's why KTs outrage was so hilarious. I was just asking what UK fans expect and how far would the program have to fall before talk shifts to maybe its time for a change.

I'm no expert on UK basketball, but to pretend to be the authority and that someone aski about expectations is somehow an insult reeks on insecurity on someone's part.

Oh and KT,
A-Alabama has won four titles in Sabans tenure, Cal has nothing on him. Don't try and compare the two, because UK has to become the dominant force in CBB and consisteltny win titles to be considered to basketball what Bama is in football
B-I am NEVER, and will never be out of my league discussing basketball with you. Never.

SkyAntoine
04-13-2016, 08:50 AM
THANK YOU! That is all I was asking, what are the expectations? And you answered it, something chickensht KT refused to do so he could get on his high horse and look down upon peasants like me who are inferior to him, KT the basketball jeebus.

If it comes to a point in which UK stumbles for a period of time without making any deep tourney runs but still puts kids ijn the NBA, will UK fans want a change? My point is, at what point does Cal become a mercenary instead of a coach at UK? I never said I thought it was happening now, and that's why KTs outrage was so hilarious. I was just asking what UK fans expect and how far would the program have to fall before talk shifts to maybe its time for a change.

I'm no expert on UK basketball, but to pretend to be the authority and that someone aski about expectations is somehow an insult reeks on insecurity on someone's part.

Oh and KT,
A-Alabama has won four titles in Sabans tenure, Cal has nothing on him. Don't try and compare the two, because UK has to become the dominant force in CBB and consisteltny win titles to be considered to basketball what Bama is in football
B-I am NEVER, and will never be out of my league discussing basketball with you. Never.

Bama has been absolutely dominant. I think there are a lot of legit comparisons between UK basketball right now and Bama football. Except maybe Saban has won 90%+ of those big games he should have and Cal has won maybe 75% (WVU loss in 2010, 2014 vs. UConn and 2015 vs. Wisconsin).

Football is less random because of the nature of the game so it isn't exactly apples to apples.

kentubbybasketball
04-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Bama has been absolutely dominant. I think there are a lot of legit comparisons between UK basketball right now and Bama football. Except maybe Saban has won 90%+ of those big games he should have and Cal has won maybe 75% (WVU loss in 2010, 2014 vs. UConn and 2015 vs. Wisconsin).

Football is less random because of the nature of the game so it isn't exactly apples to apples.

Thanks for handling that light work, Sky. Maybe he'll actually listen to you, and get off his high horse. Doubtful though, because this is apparently his world that he just lets us live in.

The fact that he has to bring up Nick Saban shows Bama_Man's own insecurity1. Bama_Man has no reading comprehension skills apparently. I asked,

"How many of your four year Bama guys actually come back and support your program? The fact that our APR gas led the SEC with VANDY since Cal has been here shows UK isn't just a pawn on the way to the NBA." He starts talking about Nick Saban. I was unaware that Nick Saban coached the men's basketball team also. You'd figure reading comprehension suggests were talking about basketball... hence the mention of the NBA... hence the fact we are in the basketball forum. Poor Bama_Man; somebody help him. As I said and you proved: out of my league.

And, one other thing. I'm not insecure. I can actually have a discussion without resorting to cussing at people and stuff. Maybe you should act like an adult and allow someone else a chance to disagree without resorting to high school-like behavior. As I said, don't forget to be classy.

Bama_Man
04-14-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks for handling that light work, Sky. Maybe he'll actually listen to you, and get off his high horse. Doubtful though, because this is apparently his world that he just lets us live in.

The fact that he has to bring up Nick Saban shows Bama_Man's own insecurity1. Bama_Man has no reading comprehension skills apparently. I asked,
He starts talking about Nick Saban. I was unaware that Nick Saban coached the men's basketball team also. You'd figure reading comprehension suggests were talking about basketball... hence the mention of the NBA... hence the fact we are in the basketball forum. Poor Bama_Man; somebody help him. As I said and you proved: out of my league.

And, one other thing. I'm not insecure. I can actually have a discussion without resorting to cussing at people and stuff. Maybe you should act like an adult and allow someone else a chance to disagree without resorting to high school-like behavior. As I said, don't forget to be classy.

Then when I challenge you on your opinions, you ALW└YS make up some excuse and act like debating me is beneath you. Its not. I know every bit as much about basketball as you do, big boy, you can try and convince yourself otherwise but its just.not.true.

I mentioned Saban and Bama because YOU brought up the Bama program. Whether the players come back to Alabama to show support (they do, they come in DROVES) is irrelevant, its clear the goal for kids who go to Bama is to win national titles, and be coached by one of the top teachers of his craft in the game.

It is much tougher to win a basketball title, and over history then yes the programs are comparable, but Bama is the clear top dog in CFB right now, can same be said about UK?

GR8 at least had the balls to answer my question and understand that someone asking as to whether UK fans would tolerate if the program became just a mini NBA camp, producing top picks without sustaining serious success.

kentubbybasketball
04-14-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm sure what the deal about knowing more about basketball is about. I don't care how much basketball you know or if I know more or if you do. Do you want a cupcake or something? There's not a prize for who knows most. If there was you wouldn't get it though because most all members here know more than you. Get over yourself.

By the way again, what does Saban have to do with basketball? It's a simple question that you fail to answer. You'd make a good politician.

Bama_Man
04-14-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm sure what the deal about knowing more about basketball is about. I don't care how much basketball you know or if I know more or if you do. Do you want a cupcake or something? There's not a prize for who knows most. If there was you wouldn't get it though because most all members here know more than you. Get over yourself.

By the way again, what does Saban have to do with basketball? It's a simple question that you fail to answer. You'd make a good politician.

I bring it up because you just keep taking pot shots at me. First you say that you didn't make any claims about my basketball knowledge then two sentences later you claim I know less than anyone else on here, which is completely false.

I bring up Saban because he coaches at Alabama, the school YOU brought up. Nice try.

kentubbybasketball
04-14-2016, 06:37 PM
I did bring up Bama, you're right. Bama basketball in the BASKETBALL forum. But, whatever dude. We're going back and forth over nothing, and it's sad that the quality of this thread went down when you came in.

If it makes you feel better, I'll just say "you win." But, I just refuse to stoop down to that level anymore.

GR8NESS
04-14-2016, 10:35 PM

If it's seasons similar to this one..with slight variances in tournament runs (S16, results like this year, an E8, first round, basically no F4) then you're looking at....I don't know..probably 5 years at minimum before any people started really asking questions. If the wheels fell off and you were talking multiple 2013 seasons? 2 seasons I'd guess. You're talking about a coach who has built up some MAJOR good will.

Oh and KT,

You have to consider that you're not comparing apples to apples here. If you won basketball titles the same way you do football titles, you could make the case Cal could be way more likely to have 3 titles (2010, 12, 15) than 1. 2010 was the #2 overall #1, 12 and 15 the one overall. All three would have been playing for titles...2012 against a team they already beat (UNC), 15 against a team that was basically a less talented version of themselves (and without the added pressure of each game and 40-0 building up), and 2010 a single game against a team that had basically the same resume and was essentially a coin flip, if not a slight advantage to UK on paper (IMO at least).

TexasFight
04-15-2016, 03:54 AM
Alabama football vs. Kentucky basketball, who cares? All I know is Fairy Tail went on hiatus—again—and I'm highly upset about it.

joehogjoe
04-15-2016, 09:41 AM
So which team does Kentubby support more? UK or Memphis St. Aka Tiger High. Tubby will bring class to a team sadly lacking during the Cal and Posner years.

kentubbybasketball
04-15-2016, 02:37 PM
joe, are you still mad that Cal wouldn't schedule you guys?

joehogjoe
04-15-2016, 02:54 PM
joe, are you still mad that Cal wouldn't schedule you guys?no. I never was. But I am happy that Tubby is in a place where he will recruit well and he can stay in his own backyard. Memphis is town full of talent. He's a great coach and a good man. Good luck to him.

kentubbybasketball
04-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Well what's with the Tiger High insults and such?

joehogjoe
04-15-2016, 03:00 PM
That's what people in Arkansas call it. Not a fan of the school but like you really admire the coach.

kentubbybasketball
04-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Yeah it's not hard to admire Tubby. Kind-hearted. Cancer survivor. Humble.

joehogjoe
04-15-2016, 06:55 PM
I did not know he survived cancer. Good for him!

kentubbybasketball
04-15-2016, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah. He found it in Minnesota.