Assessing 2015-16 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Assessing 2015-16

Herchel
03-31-2016, 09:57 AM
http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2016/3/31/11336568/sec-basketball-2015-16-recap-review-assessment

Just Some Hog Dude
03-31-2016, 01:12 PM
lol@sec basketball

I think you are the only UGA fan that follows it.

Dawgilicious
03-31-2016, 01:21 PM
Not true sir :)

Just Some Hog Dude
03-31-2016, 01:59 PM
Not true sir :)

gluttons for punishment

Dawgilicious
03-31-2016, 02:03 PM
Not really. Some of us enjoy college basketball and enjoy where the league as a whole is going. Im sure when Arkansas is winning, more Arkansas fans show up

Just Some Hog Dude
03-31-2016, 02:04 PM
Not really. Some of us enjoy college basketball and enjoy where the league as a whole is going. Im sure when Arkansas is winning, more Arkansas fans show up

Arkansas hasn't been to the Sweet Sixteen since 1996. I stopped caring a long time ago.

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2016, 02:51 PM
SEC basketball honestly wasn't great this past year. The league has gotten a jolt with the new coaches over the last 3 or so years. It takes to build programs. Some of these coaches are going into year 3 of their rebuild (Pearl) or year 2 (Avery, Howland, etc.). Things will get better.

Ultimately, if UK would have been more consistent on the road, the league's entire profile would have been improved. This league stands afloat on how UK does. The past few years have been great years, because UK has been in the final four 4 of the last 6 years.

Unforseen things happen to everybody. Pearl didn't expect to lose Canty. LSU probably didn't realize how tough replacing Mickey and Martin was going to be. Florida didn't expect to shoot as poorly as they did. This league is fine.

NCMISSSTFAN
03-31-2016, 03:24 PM
I personally think we were down as a whole this season, but that happens every few years for all the major conferences. Things will get better. As for MSU, if we can keep Howland around there is no doubt we will get better. We already have a top 5 recruiting class coming in, and are also in on possibly getting the Ohio State transfer big man. I was actually a Ray fan, but he just couldn't get things going....Howland will have all of his guys in next year (other than Ready who was a Ray guy). We will be young, but having Quinndary back as a sophomore, Ready a Senior, and possibly Newman returning along with our class, I think things will start to change sooner then later at MSU.

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2016, 03:47 PM
I was shocked to hear that Giddens (the OSU transfer big) has UK on his list. We normally don't take D-1 transfers plus we seem to be out of rides.

NCMISSSTFAN
03-31-2016, 03:52 PM
I saw that too KT. He didn't average a lot of points as a Freshman but he was known as a defender and Rebounder, I'll take that too.

kentubbybasketball
03-31-2016, 04:53 PM
If we end up having to take him, it would be a sign that we missed on bigger names. First, we just don't redshirt players that often. He will have to sit out a year as a redshirt, which would be tying up a ride that we are already crunched for.

NCMISSSTFAN
03-31-2016, 08:19 PM
I would understand that as a UK fan, but as an MSU fan he would fit into what we need.