Demetris Robertson. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Demetris Robertson.

lbzdually
03-08-2016, 05:58 PM
He has now signed financial aid papers with Cal and Georgia Tech, but still has a visit scheduled with UGA.

Djshockley3
03-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Who even cares at this point. This kid will decide some time in May at this point.

Bama_Man
03-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Damn, I didn't even realize Cal was a leader. No chance Bama lands him, never was much of one anyway.

dnmuga93
03-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Damn, I didn't even realize Cal was a leader. No chance Bama lands him, never was much of one anyway.

Disagree. If he can't get into Stanford, I still believe he ends up at the Capstone.

His brother has a real hard on for UGA and nobody in Athens can figure out why. His twin sister has been offered a track scholly to UGA on her own merits; she's a really good athlete. But I see little to no chance he ends up in Athens, even though he's close to Hardman, Nauta, and several others of our signees.

Bama_Man
03-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Disagree. If he can't get into Stanford, I still believe he ends up at the Capstone.

His brother has a real hard on for UGA and nobody in Athens can figure out why. His twin sister has been offered a track scholly to UGA on her own merits; she's a really good athlete. But I see little to no chance he ends up in Athens, even though he's close to Hardman, Nauta, and several others of our signees.

I'm the opposite lol, I have always figured if he doesn't go out West, he is UGAs to lose. His bro loves UGA, his sister has a scholarship offer, and he is a GA kid. If he lands nat Bama, great but this drawing out of the process is stupid. Every other athlete in the country makes their arrangements by NSD, why is this kid so special to wait til fn April? He could have already applied for aid at his target schools and starting getting familiar wit the playbook, but he just keeps dicking around. If he can get into Stanford, that's awesome, he should go. But he should have applied earlier and know by now, we all know David Shaw would have gave him his scholy in December.

lbzdually
03-20-2016, 09:27 PM
Now he has signed papers with UGA.

Just Some Hog Dude
03-20-2016, 09:33 PM
lol

He should go to Cal.

Djshockley3
03-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Wonder if he will sign by fall practice? This is the type of **** that is going to make signing day not even matter anymore.

ugabrad
03-20-2016, 10:03 PM
I think that it is cool if signing day loses some of its luster. Some kids just aren't ready to decide that early.

Herchel
03-21-2016, 07:13 AM
Wonder if he will sign by fall practice? This is the type of **** that is going to make signing day not even matter anymore.
He doesn't have to sign a LOI. He has signed financial aid. He only has to enroll.

Bama_Man
03-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Whens the cutoff for Stanford where he really wants to go?

Herchel
03-21-2016, 11:58 AM
Whens the cutoff for Stanford where he really wants to go?
He needs to enroll somewhere before classes begin in June. IMO, he will verbal next month.

Bama_Man
03-21-2016, 11:59 AM
If he doesn't get into Stanford, he stays down South IMO

dnmuga93
03-21-2016, 01:35 PM
A lot of people down home in Savannah think he ends up in South Bend if not Stanford.

ECDawg78
04-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Scuttlebutt is that Alabama and Stanford have been eliminated, leaving Notre Dame, Cal, Georgia Tech and UGA.

Expect a decision and announcement in the next 10-14 days.......we'll see if the scuttlebutt holds water.

Bama_Man
04-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Why any elite player, esp skill position wise, would wanna leave beautiful Georgia for ****ty South Bend under a maniac that cant win big games is beyond me. Saban is a hardf coach to play for, but he has a proven track record of winning and putting guys in the NFL, and Smart is a very well liked guy with a proven track record and UGA is a beautiful school.

lbzdually
04-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Why any elite player, esp skill position wise, would wanna leave beautiful Georgia for ****ty South Bend under a maniac that cant win big games is beyond me. Saban is a hardf coach to play for, but he has a proven track record of winning and putting guys in the NFL, and Smart is a very well liked guy with a proven track record and UGA is a beautiful school.

Isn't Kelly the coach that got the video guy killed by forcing him up a lift to video in high winds?

Bama_Man
04-09-2016, 11:13 PM
Isn't Kelly the coach that got the video guy killed by forcing him up a lift to video in high winds?

Yes he is, that is true. He also raves like a lunatic on the sideline, more so than even Saban. There's no way I would send my kid to play for his ass.

Herchel
04-10-2016, 08:12 AM
I think the prestige of a ND degree is the motivator.

ECDawg78
04-10-2016, 03:51 PM
His brother and closest adviser Carlos did not make the earlier trip to South Bend, and a second trip there was recently cancelled......plus his sister wants to run track at UGA.

Two crystal ball picks for UGA in the last couple of days.........I guess we'll see soon.

Bama_Man
04-10-2016, 05:25 PM
I think the prestige of a ND degree is the motivator.

But for a kid with NFL potential and dreams, is that really that big of a factor? A UGA degree is not much lesser than a ND degree, and cmon would you rather live in Athens and play for Smart or go to South Bend and play for Kelly? I know you personally prob don't think ND is better, I don't either, I just can't understand why a GA kid who has tiesnto the university would go to ND when he could play early at UGA who just landed one of the top QB prospects in the nation.

Herchel
04-11-2016, 07:08 AM
But for a kid with NFL potential and dreams, is that really that big of a factor? A UGA degree is not much lesser than a ND degree, and cmon would you rather live in Athens and play for Smart or go to South Bend and play for Kelly? I know you personally prob don't think ND is better, I don't either, I just can't understand why a GA kid who has tiesnto the university would go to ND when he could play early at UGA who just landed one of the top QB prospects in the nation.

He is very serious about life after football. Notre Dame is ranked one spot behind Vandy.

ECDawg78
05-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Robertson's commitment is today at 1 pm at the College Football HOF in Atlanta.....will be streamed live at 11alive.com.

dnmuga93
05-01-2016, 01:22 PM
He chose Cal, a school he's never visited and just had their QB drafted #1 overall. Looks like Carlos got his wish...

Herchel
05-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Cal has had 3 WRs drafted since 2000. UGA has 6 WRs currently in the NFL. However, best of luck to him.

Herchel
05-01-2016, 02:39 PM
He should have had the announcement at Savannah. There was a large crowd, and about 5 people clapped when he said Cal. Very awkward.
On the bright side, Poole says not to worry, we will have good news today.

lbzdually
05-01-2016, 06:01 PM
He should have had the announcement at Savannah. There was a large crowd, and about 5 people clapped when he said Cal. Very awkward.
On the bright side, Poole says not to worry, we will have good news today.

The good news was Blount.

OxfordSeminole
05-01-2016, 10:37 PM
I went to high school with the WR coach at Cal that recruited this kid. Don't see how that ass clown can recruit anybody. He sets a new standard for DOUCHE.