2016 SEC Champions: TAMU and UK [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 2016 SEC Champions: TAMU and UK

kentubbybasketball
03-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Kudos to both teams. This should lock up POY for Tyler Ulis also.

For Kennedy to rebuild TAMU like this I'm impressed. Then, Cal loses 7 to the NBA and still wins his league. The UK Florida streak of titles reaches 7, and it's our first consecutive titles under Cal!!! 49 time SEC Champs without WCS, without KAT, without the twins, without Trey Lyles, Booker, and Dakari! Good job Cal and boys!!!

If the refs wouldnt have cost us that game at TAMU....

kentubbybasketball
03-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Even better we get the 2 seed, so we play the evening session of the SECT. Afternoon games can be so sluggish.

Herchel
03-06-2016, 06:53 AM
Congrats to UK and TAMU

JDThirstyAg
03-06-2016, 07:14 PM
We'll take it.

We need some good news for a change.

And congrats to Kentucky also.

Wave&Dawgs
03-07-2016, 07:44 AM
2 seed. So really TAMU was the best team.

SCgamecock2988
03-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Strange season for us. We beat some really good teams, like A&M on the road, but lose to Georgia twice.. not to mention the last two games where I was sure we'd beat Georgia at home on Senior night and lose to Arkansas on the road.

Herchel
03-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Strange season for us. We beat some really good teams, like A&M on the road, but lose to Georgia twice.. not to mention the last two games where I was sure we'd beat Georgia at home on Senior night and lose to Arkansas on the road.
You will get a 3rd try at UGA if they beat MSU.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2016, 02:39 PM

I think USC has to look at their season as a success. Only two games back in the standings. I think Frank will definitely remember these three seniors as the guys that got the program up and running. Kudos. I think the UK game where Cal was ejected after 2 minutes and 26 seconds could come back to haunt you guys just in the sense that then you guys would have been in second place.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Jay Bilas just became UK's best recruiter with this on Mike and Mike today.

“I think some of what this is doing, if you want to call it the Ben Simmons bashing a little bit, some of what this is doing is really signaling to the next Ben Simmons-type talent, you know, go to Kentucky. Because then you don’t have to listen to people questioning your character and whether you’re a winner. They’re just going to talk about your talent and how good you are because winning isn’t going to be the issue.”
I think with the issues that Simmons had at LSU, Newman had at MSU, and to a lesser degree Zimmerman at UNLV (although he dealt with injuries) all show that these elite talents should go to places like UK. I agree with Jay.

Naval Aviator
03-09-2016, 02:36 PM
We'll take it.

We need some good news for a change.

And congrats to Kentucky also.

This. Thanks for the thread Kentubby.

kentubbybasketball
03-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Ahh, no problem. TAMU deserves to be recognized for its accomplishment. I wish we had a better TAMU contingent around here. Going forward you guys are going to be a top SEC program, so we need representation here from the Aggies.

I will tell you this. People look at Florida and UT as our main SEC rivals. But, since TAMU has been in the league for four years, we have played 3 OT games and one of them has been double OT.

Going forward this is a rivalry to watch. You guys are such an unselfish team. Hogg is an incredible shooter. Tyler Davis is the best offensive rebounder in the country and he knows his strengths. He doesn't try to play on the perimeter. I like TAMU going forward. I look forward to having you guys in Rupp next year. Seems like we've played at Reed without a return game the last couple of seasons.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2016, 03:29 PM
UK wins its 29th SEC Tournament title behind monster threes from Derek Willis and Jamal Murray. Who say Cal can't coach up 3 star guys? Derek Willis has turned his game into a man's game. Tyler Ulis with 30 point.

Plus, we get revenge o TAMU after that bogus technical in College Station. Alex Caruso said they had the best team. UK said otherwise today.

No Ten Loss Calipari this year!