Conference Tourneys 2016 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Conference Tourneys 2016

kentubbybasketball
03-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Loving this OVC title game as I do every year with the regional teams involved. Austin Peay or UT Martin will win and be a 16 seed.

kentubbybasketball
03-05-2016, 08:09 PM
Austin Peay wins the OVC!

Wichita State loses to Northern Iowa in Arch Madness; costly for bubble teams?

Bama_Man
03-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Very costly for those on the edge, WSU was in and now the MVC will have two teams in the NCAAT.

kentubbybasketball
03-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Love how the league sets up. The other teams that were in play for title today are all on the other side of the bracket: TAMU,vLSU, and Vandy. Only have to go thru one of them to win the title.

kentubbybasketball
03-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Unbelievable crossover and J from Wes Washpun to win the MVC. Hits high off the rim and falls in. Arch Madness is always dramatic.

kentubbybasketball
03-09-2016, 09:13 PM
What a crowd for Wednesday night of the SEC tourney. Kudos to Vols fans. I know it's in Nashville but the Vol fans have come out in full force. Can't quite say I'm cheering for UT but I always like seeing Bruce Pearl lose.

Has the opening night ever had this full of an arena?

kentubbybasketball
03-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Evening session of the SECT is about to begin. I think I'd rather face Bama than Ole Miss. Ole Miss can get just hot enough from three to make things interesting. That said, Ole Miss might be the one SEC frontcourt that we match up the best against.

Tough loss for Vandy, especially the way they lost. Wonder where this puts them.

Djshockley3
03-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Watch the SEC get 2 teams in.

GoDores
03-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Taking everything into consideration, probably the biggest loss of Stallings' career.

Just a shame to lose that game. I gotta throw some blame to the players also though. To come out sleep walking is terrible. When this team collectively plays aggressive with killer instinct, they reach their potential. But it just hasn't happened.

GoDores
03-10-2016, 11:05 PM
I think Vandy is still in for now, but if we have some bid thieves, or some other bubble teams solidify themselves, Vandy could be in trouble.

Bama_Man
03-10-2016, 11:51 PM
Bama got a good win. If the 4% chance Bama upset UK,they have beaten almost every other team available and might could do damage.

But UKs prob gonna roll:(

Storm
03-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Quite a game between Northwestern and Michigan yesterday. NW hit a buzzer beater in regulation to tie it up. Michigan won in OT, but not before some drama as they got a rebound and tried to dribble out the clock. The dude trying to dribble out the clock stepped out of bounds with .6 seconds left so NW had one last chance to win or tie in OT. But the shot was off target.

They'll get killed today by Indiana.

Beilein has hit his ceiling at UM, IMO. He's done what he was brought in to do. Clean up the program and bring it some stability. But a change is needed.

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Taking everything into consideration, probably the biggest loss of Stallings' career.

Just a shame to lose that game. I gotta throw some blame to the players also though. To come out sleep walking is terrible. When this team collectively plays aggressive with killer instinct, they reach their potential. But it just hasn't happened.

I just disagree. If Vandy is still in the field (IYO), how is this really bigger than some others. The biggest loss was Georgetown in the Sweet 16, because that vandy team was cheated out of an Elite 8 that could have turned into a final four.

You guys better appreciate who you got roaming your sideline, and don't even get me started on Michigan fans growing tired of Beilein. Nobody appreciates anything these days.

Dawgilicious
03-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Exactly. Dude was just in the F4 and people want him gone. He showed today why he is so good. I don't even like Michigan, but I respect Beilein and how good of a coach he is

Storm
03-11-2016, 05:26 PM
I did not see that coming. Great win over Indiana, yet some how Lunardi still has on the outside looking in. Don't know how that's possible.

I respect him too, but that doesn't mean he hasn't hit his ceiling at UM. He caught lightning in a bottle with that FF run. He's been middle of the pack in the B1G for all but 2 of his 10 seasons. I'll gladly eat crow if he takes them back to an Elite Eight, but I'm not holding my breath. Just my opinion though. He has a 7 million dollar buyout, so it's not like he's leaving

Wave&Dawgs
03-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Tulane possibly making a miracle run in the AAC tourney! 12-21 team and they are currently in the semis. Looks like they will play Memphis, who they have already beaten this season.

Dawg in Dallas
03-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Too bad SMU can't play...

MKfromPA
03-12-2016, 09:16 AM
I did not see that coming. Great win over Indiana, yet some how Lunardi still has on the outside looking in. Don't know how that's possible.

I respect him too, but that doesn't mean he hasn't hit his ceiling at UM. He caught lightning in a bottle with that FF run. He's been middle of the pack in the B1G for all but 2 of his 10 seasons. I'll gladly eat crow if he takes them back to an Elite Eight, but I'm not holding my breath. Just my opinion though. He has a 7 million dollar buyout, so it's not like he's leaving

The win might move UM to "Final 4 in", IMO. UM needs quality wins and it got one. I would imagine if they win today, it would all but seal a bid. Right now I think they are very close, if not in, based on splitting hairs.

Just my two cents.

Dawgilicious
03-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Tulane possibly making a miracle run in the AAC tourney! 12-21 team and they are currently in the semis. Looks like they will play Memphis, who they have already beaten this season.

They just said they are firing the coach after the season. Bad timing to bring that news out

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Exactly. Dude was just in the F4 and people want him gone. He showed today why he is so good. I don't even like Michigan, but I respect Beilein and how good of a coach he is

True. I don't get the notion that he's already peaked. No kidding. He's been to the championship game. The ceiling doesn't rise much higher than that.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2016, 01:48 PM
They just said they are firing the coach after the season. Bad timing to bring that news out
That speculation was out there all year. To me the more egregious thing is thar they didn't say sone thing sooner and left Conroy out on an island. Both coaches in that gameight get fired. Past net seems cooked.

Storm
03-12-2016, 04:05 PM
I respect him, he's just swinging and missing on a lot of recruits. Not being able to follow up on that run left a bad taste in a lot of UM fans mouths.

I know one thing, Sparty's AD being the chairman of the selection committee is bull shyte. If Vandy goes in over UM, then I'll scream conspiracy. :lol:

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2016, 05:46 PM
That's unfair to me though. You guys knew what you were getting when you hired him. Show me where at any time Beilein has ever recruited the elite guys. When I think of Beilein teams I think of Pittsnoggle, Gansey, Beilein (the son), Burke, and McGary. Outside of those last two, Beilein has never really won with 5 star guys. He has a system and he recruits well to it, similar to how Bo Ryan was at Wisconsin.

Speaking of which, Storm, what is your opinion on the Bo Ryan infidelity news from last week?

Storm
03-12-2016, 11:15 PM
That's why I think he caught lightning in a bottle with that NC run. IMO, he was hired to bring respectability back to the program after everything it went through. He has most certainly done that. I just don't think his style and system can get them back to a NC game. Mitch McGary was like the first 5 star big man UM got in the longest time and look where it got them. I just can't for the life of me figure out why he doesn't try to adapt his system some to get those big men in there. They are constantly out rebounded all the time. Look at when Kentucky knocked them out in the Elite Eight 2 years ago. UK outrebounded them 35-24. If you're going to live and die by the three, you have to get guys down there that can bang around and get rebounds.

as for Ryan, it certainly makes the abrupt resignation make more sense.

MKfromPA
03-17-2016, 12:12 AM
Belated congrats to UK on conquering the SEC Tournament. Congrats, 'Cats!!! :cheers: Great effort, A&M. Y'all played your hearts out. Best wishes in the NCAAT.