Kentucky @ Vandy [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky @ Vandy

GoDores
02-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Big one for Vandy in Nashville. A win puts us pretty solidly in the tournament and also brings us 1 game back of 1st place. Vandy should be coming into this one with about as much momentum as they've had since November. Memorial should be rocking.

I also looked at the NBA draft projections for 2016 and 2017. Based on that, there will be 9 NBA draft picks on the floor in this game; 4 for Vandy and 5 for Kentucky. (Potentially 10 as Poythress is listed in some, but not in others)

Kentucky looks to be playing as good as they have all year. Same with Vandy. Both teams have had the ups and downs. There's one thing you can book though: Vandy will get a double digit lead in the 1st half. I think Vandy wins this one at home. 6-10 points. Prove me right.

msudawg4life
02-26-2016, 02:53 PM
Hopefully UK wins this one and uses this W to help improve their seeding in the NCAA tourney

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2016, 07:12 PM
A game thread????

GoDores
02-27-2016, 06:56 PM
Ahh, that was fun.

kentubbybasketball
02-27-2016, 07:11 PM
Congrats. Clearly, Vandy was mire urgent and desperate
We are the better team certainly but not when our bigs dont contribute. Worth storming the court tho?

GoDores
02-27-2016, 11:48 PM
I could have done without the court storming.

I don't know how you can say Kentucky is clearly better. If Murray doesn't have a career game, that's a 20 point beat down.
Vandy was clearly better today and they are peaking at the right time.

kentubbybasketball
02-28-2016, 01:05 PM
I don't wish to get into a debate over but we can play ifs ands aND buts all day. If we had Derek Willis we could have won. But the reason I said that is look at the records of the teams and UK DID win by over 20 earlier.

Ultimately, that's not the point. The point is Vandy deserved the win. I just don't get storming the court. You've beat higher ranked trams this season there and didn't rush the court, and this is clearly a depleted UK team.

msudawg4life
02-29-2016, 09:04 AM
I think Vandy would rush the court even if UK WAS unranked and Vandy WAS ranked...

kentubbybasketball
02-29-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm glad we don't rush the court. Ever.

VandyChuck
02-29-2016, 02:37 PM
You guys are acting as if Vandy FANS rushed the court. They did not. Vanderbilt STUDENTS who have never heard of Shan Foster or Jodie Meeks stormed the floor because they thought it would be a fun thing to do and something they would remember for a long time.

Again...these were STUDENTS. Not fans.

kentubbybasketball
02-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Are we really arguing the difference between students and fans at this point. Every place where there is court storming, it's the vast majority students... but students = fans. End of the day, I get that it might help your at large chances, but come on. When Vandy beat us by 40 when G was here, you didn't rush the court then and that was actually a great team compared to this Vandy team. Whatever floats your boat. Somebody said take it as an honor. I mean, Vandy isn't rushing the court after beating TAMU afterall.

kentubbybasketball
02-29-2016, 02:41 PM
I think Vandy would rush the court even if UK WAS unranked and Vandy WAS ranked...

I think part of it is that Vandy wants to be considered as a rival to UK. The only problem is it's only a rivalry in their mind. It's not like it's Florida, Tennessee, or even Arkansas for us. We don't dislike Vandy anymore than we dislike South Carolina or Mississippi State.

GoDores
02-29-2016, 06:02 PM
I personally don't care what other fans think of Vandy in terms of a rivalry. If Kentucky fans don't get very much satisfaction in beating Vandy, sucks for them. I personally love beating Kentucky and Tennessee in every sport. I enjoy it to the fullest every time.

kentubbybasketball
02-29-2016, 06:36 PM
You care enough to say you don't care. I'm sure you get satisfaction out of beating anybody, like any other fan of a team, but not excited to the point where you're going to storm the court. We beat UofL and Duke and not a person was on the court and those are actual rivals. Every program is different. I think it's just the staple of our program and our fans. Vandy free is free to do as they please. I'm just glad that Cal got everybody out of the way.

FWIW, UT didn't the rush the court after their 21 pt comeback vs UK this year. I think it sends the message, "why rush the court, we expect our program to compete with UK." Afterall, Vandy was the favorite to win the game.

GoDores
03-01-2016, 12:19 PM
You care enough to say you don't care. I'm sure you get satisfaction out of beating anybody, like any other fan of a team, but not excited to the point where you're going to storm the court. We beat UofL and Duke and not a person was on the court and those are actual rivals. Every program is different. I think it's just the staple of our program and our fans. Vandy free is free to do as they please. I'm just glad that Cal got everybody out of the way.

FWIW, UT didn't the rush the court after their 21 pt comeback vs UK this year. I think it sends the message, "why rush the court, we expect our program to compete with UK." Afterall, Vandy was the favorite to win the game.

Vandy fans are never the ones to bring up the rivalry discussion.

Like I said, I'm going to enjoy the win just the same whether Kentucky fans call it a rivalry or not. For the record, I don't consider Kentucky a rival. But to repeat, Vandy fans never bring up VU-UK rivalry in discussions on this board.

kentubbybasketball
03-01-2016, 02:40 PM
There's two regular Vandy fans here. That's like saying UK fans here don't brag. There are Vandy fans other places that get upset if you say it's not a rivalry. I don't understand why Vandy fans don't like UK to begin with, outside of what is typical of not liking a conference opponent.