Mike White [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Mike White

GatorMan32
02-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Ready for him to go

Bama_Man
02-13-2016, 08:00 PM
UF was atrocious shooting the ball today, they could have won if they had shot better from the field with Obahassahon and Evans fouling out. UF was great on the boards, but Taylor was a defensive force under the hoop, five blocks on the day and two monster slams.

It wasn't pretty, and I can see UF fans being upset wit White, but there's no shame in losing to Alabama really. With five wins inside the RPI top 50, Alabama is making a case to be considered for the tourney. If Alabama can beat LSU or UK and Vandy and not lose to an underdog, I bet the tourney calls.

GatorMan32
02-13-2016, 10:05 PM
It's not about losing to Bama. He cannot scheme an offense or get consistency from this team. It's beyond frustrating. I'm tired of announcers building him up. He sucks.

ECDawg78
02-14-2016, 08:20 PM
So much for a honeymoon period....

GatorMan32
02-14-2016, 09:56 PM
For a guy who inherited one of the deeper and more talented teams in the league and a team good enough to be a tournament team there isn't a lot of learning curve allowance. The issue is he is cutting his teeth and is in way over his head.

kentubbybasketball
02-15-2016, 02:30 PM
I have no dog in this fights, but this is the same UF team minus some players that was under .500 with a Hall of Fame coach last year though, plus a very good frosh class and a JUCO that White added in Justin Leon.

GatorMan32
02-15-2016, 09:21 PM
It's really not. Chiozza was a freshman so he's more experienced at PG. Also more importantly Egbunu and Francis-Ramirez were not eligible. Egbunu is the post player UF lacked. Francis-Ramirez was a really good shooter in HS/AAU. Those were areas of weakness. Also Robinson should have had a bigger jump into year two.

GatorMan32
02-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Also the proof is there. When they move the ball and move without the ball and run real offense they score. When they're stagnant and take forced jumpers they struggle. So why hasn't he been able to harness the good into some level of consistency. Also since he's a mediocre recruiter this won't get better. His tenure will be short. That's especially true if we miss the Dance.

Bama_Man
02-15-2016, 11:52 PM
I did notice that the lack of set plays really hurt UF. It was either a pick and roll or let the PG, either Hill or Chamozza, drive in the lane and kick. Bama runs the pick and roll a lot, but its not every possession like UF was in the second half of the Bama game.

Dawgilicious
02-16-2016, 07:59 AM
And this is the guy everybody wanted. Tons of UGA fans wanted Fox fired to hire this guy.

GatorMan32
02-16-2016, 12:19 PM
I didn't want him at UF. I bought into the hype once he was the guy mostly out of hope. However, I am convinced his dad's Duke hype machine built him up.

I am fine with pick and roll offense. Donovan made a living with high ball screens. But there was action off the ball to create openings. White is clueless when it comes to this.

joehogjoe
02-16-2016, 12:25 PM
Give him time to get his type of players. I like him

GatorMan32
02-16-2016, 02:13 PM
He hasn't gotten a single commitment from a big man in any of his three HS classes. The one that signed, the current one or the one after. His guard recruits seem pretty good but I am not sure he can recruit the kind of quality we need. Usually mid major guys get promoted for tourney appearances. He hasnt been there yet. Plus his style is press and fast break. This roster has athletes all over the place. Not sure what he needs then.

Bama_Man
02-16-2016, 02:45 PM
I didn't want him at UF. I bought into the hype once he was the guy mostly out of hope. However, I am convinced his dad's Duke hype machine built him up.

I am fine with pick and roll offense. Donovan made a living with high ball screens. But there was action off the ball to create openings. White is clueless when it comes to this.

I consider the high screen offense different that simply a pick and roll. Like you said, Donovan always had great plays and movement off the ball with those high screens but White just calls a pick and roll with on!y the guard and the forward moving and being involved in the offense.

joehogjoe
02-16-2016, 05:07 PM
He hasn't gotten a single commitment from a big man in any of his three HS classes. The one that signed, the current one or the one after. His guard recruits seem pretty good but I am not sure he can recruit the kind of quality we need. Usually mid major guys get promoted for tourney appearances. He hasnt been there yet. Plus his style is press and fast break. This roster has athletes all over the place. Not sure what he needs then.

Press and fast break only the most exciting brand there is.

GatorMan32
02-16-2016, 06:04 PM
It's not a viable way to maintain offensive success if you aren't in transition.

kentubbybasketball
02-16-2016, 06:38 PM
It's really not. Chiozza was a freshman so he's more experienced at PG. Also more importantly Egbunu and Francis-Ramirez were not eligible. Egbunu is the post player UF lacked. Francis-Ramirez was a really good shooter in HS/AAU. Those were areas of weakness. Also Robinson should have had a bigger jump into year two.

All I'm saying is that White I having better results with this team than D did with last year's. Clearly there is some issues other than talent. I mean you lost 17 games last year with a legend. To expect White to come in and be sensational is crazy IMO. I always thought UF was going to be on the bubble, and they are. The roster is not as good at UK's, TAMU's, Vandy's, or LSU's. Vandy hasn't been great, but SCAR has taken over their spot anyway. UF was never going to be great IMO this year.

We've known each other for years. I am never going to criticize a coach. White can coach as great as he wants. He doesn't make the shots nor does he make the free throws, and that' UF's biggest issue from my vantage point. I mean, the guy knows offense, look at his career as a player in the SEC.

GDawg88
02-17-2016, 05:58 AM
Ready for him to go
Well, he's 3-0 against Mr. Mediocrity Mark Fox. We'll trade with you.