Tennessee Recruiting Class [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Recruiting Class

rstew3
02-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Even with a limited amount of scholly's, Butch and Co managed to land a solid top 15 class. We had a couple of splashes late, but for the most part this class has been locked up for weeks. It looks like we only missed on one recruit thought to be leaning our way, and apparently something that happened on his official this past weekend is the reason. Don't know the details, but 5* DT Derrick Brown (Auburn Signee), thought to be favoring UT ended up elsewhere after an apparently bad visit.

I personally think the class should have been rated slightly higher as we got several 4 stars that barely missed their 5th star. I don't know how these ranking systems assign stars, so maybe I am misunderstanding something, but we got several players ranked 1st, 2nd, or 3rd at their position nationally, but not a 5 star?

Most importantly, and not that they couldn't, but for the first time since Butch got to UT, there is not a single player that we absolutely need to throw in the fire as a freshman. Man it feels good to know that all of these guys will have an opportunity to grow into the game. No need to oversign, blue/grey shirt, etc. this year. And the best part is, next year 2017 may well be the best in state class Tennessee has had in a long time.

Name Pos Location
Marquez Callaway ATH Warner Robins, GA
Corey Henderson ATH Shreveport, LA
Baylen Buchanan DB Suwanee, GA
Tyler Byrd DB Naples, FL
Desmond Henderson DB Dodge City, KS
Marquill Osborne DB Charlotte, NC
Nigel Warrior DB Suwanee, GA
Jonathan Kongbo DE Yuma, AZ
Alexis Johnson DT Fort Scott, KS
Daniel Bituli LB Nashville, TN
Ja'Quain Blakely LB Moultrie, GA