BAMA 2016 Recruiting Class [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : BAMA 2016 Recruiting Class

IBCW
02-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Early Enrollees:

1. Jonah Williams OL 6'5 280lbs Cali (5 star)

2. Charles Baldwin OL 6'5 305lbs Juco (5 star)

3. TJ Simmons WR 6'2 190lbs Pinson, AL (4 star)

4. Jalen Hurts QB 6'2 196lbs Texas (4 star)

5. Miller Forristall TE 6'5 215lbs GA (3 star)

6. Chris Owens OL 6'3 312lbs Texas (3 star)

7. Shawn Jennings DB 6'2 217lbs Dadeville, AL (3 star)

Signing Day Commitments:

8. Scott Lashley OL(3 star)

9. Raekwon Davis DL(4 star)

10. Shyheim Carter DB (4 star)

11. Jared Mayden DB (4 star)

12. Joshua Jacobs RB (3 star)

13. Nigel Knott DB(4 star)

14. Quinnen Williams DT(4 star)

15. Ben Davis LB (5 star)

16. Trevon Diggs WR(4 star)

17. Aaron Robinson DB (3 star)

18. Deonte Brown OL(3 star)

19. Jamar King DL Juco (3 star)

20. BJ Emmons RB(4 star)

21. Kendell Jones DT(4 star)

22. Lyndell "Mack" Wilson LB (5 star)

23. Terrell Hall DL (5 star)

24. Irvin Smith TE (3 star)

IBCW
02-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Ben Davis, 5 star LB to BAMA!

Really Big Bama Fan
02-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Thanks IBCW, RTR!

(Every time I see the name "Chris Owens" I think my misspent time on Bourbon street.)

IBCW
02-03-2016, 02:12 PM
5 Star LB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson to Bama!

Bama_Man
02-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Damn IC you are on top of it, I just saw that and came to post it by you were quick with it.

But when Davis committed, I knew Wilson was likely coming as well.

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Really wanted Mack, congrats.

IBCW
02-03-2016, 02:53 PM
5 star DL Terrell Hall to Bama!

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 03:07 PM
5 star DL Terrell Hall to Bama!

Hearing he may not qualify...

IBCW
02-03-2016, 05:06 PM
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/02/alabama_recruiting_class_no_1.html#incart_river_in dex

This Crimson Tide class is No. 1 in the 247Sports, Scout and Rivals rankings. It is No. 2, according to ESPN.

BigBamaFan
02-03-2016, 09:47 PM
One spot left open ive heard D. Robertson reached out to the staff today.

IBCW
02-04-2016, 07:27 AM
That's right, he never committed, did he? Hmmmm.....and Coach Saban said in his press conference that he would've liked to get another WR.

BigBamaFan
02-04-2016, 11:20 AM
That's right, he never committed, did he? Hmmmm.....and Coach Saban said in his press conference that he would've liked to get another WR.
Yes he really likes him, he use to be a verbal to us but he is going to visit Georgia and my understanding he wants to come for a unofficial because the weather prevented him from visiting Bama a few weeks ago. Either way its 50/50 Alabama/Georgia

dnmuga93
02-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Yes he really likes him, he use to be a verbal to us but he is going to visit Georgia and my understanding he wants to come for a unofficial because the weather prevented him from visiting Bama a few weeks ago. Either way its 50/50 Alabama/Georgia

I wouldn't go quite that far.

Stanford is still very much in it. If he can get a qualifying test score (I mean good enough to be admitted) and earn an official visit, I'd say he ends up out West. I don't think that will happen. I do think ND may be on the outside now since he didn't sign yesterday.

I grew up in Savannah and still have many contacts at Savannah Christian. From everything I'm hearing, my guess is he ends up in Athens if Mom goes on his OV this weekend. If she can't or doesn't go, he probably ends up at Bama.

BigBamaFan
02-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Also Georgia loaded up on WRs depending on which side Hardman lands on they recruited up to 5 wide receivers Bama took 2 if Diggs stays at wr which i expect he will

ugabrad
02-04-2016, 12:24 PM
The Dawgs need wide receivers, so signing so many shouldn't make that big a difference.

BigBamaFan
02-04-2016, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't go quite that far.

Stanford is still very much in it. If he can get a qualifying test score (I mean good enough to be admitted) and earn an official visit, I'd say he ends up out West. I don't think that will happen. I do think ND may be on the outside now since he didn't sign yesterday.

I grew up in Savannah and still have many contacts at Savannah Christian. From everything I'm hearing, my guess is he ends up in Athens if Mom goes on his OV this weekend. If she can't or doesn't go, he probably ends up at Bama.
Could be i have no insider info except that he and his family contacted the Alabama Coaching staff about having an open scholarship. My understanding from what you are saying is he wants to go to Bama his mom wants him at Georgia. Hopefully the kid gets to go were he wants to go

dnmuga93
02-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Could be i have no insider info except that he and his family contacted the Alabama Coaching staff about having an open scholarship. My understanding from what you are saying is he wants to go to Bama his mom wants him at Georgia. Hopefully the kid gets to go were he wants to go

Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that Mom has to sign off on the school by actually visiting campus. She's never been to Athens. She has been to Tuscaloosa.

dnmuga93
02-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Also Georgia loaded up on WRs depending on which side Hardman lands on they recruited up to 5 wide receivers Bama took 2 if Diggs stays at wr which i expect he will

Hardman will primarily be a DB with some touches on offense, like Branden Smith or Champ Bailey.

We have ZERO depth at WR with any experience. Godwin is it. Chigbu didn't play much and neither did Stanley.

BigBamaFan
02-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Hardman will primarily be a DB with some touches on offense, like Branden Smith or Champ Bailey.

We have ZERO depth at WR with any experience. Godwin is it. Chigbu didn't play much and neither did Stanley.
Didnt u guys have reggie davis and mckenzie in the wr rotation last year to my knowledge and you would know better than I Mitchell is the only wr you guys lost year.

BigBamaFan
02-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that Mom has to sign off on the school by actually visiting campus. She's never been to Athens. She has been to Tuscaloosa.
So then your saying you assume she will like Athens and were the Georgia program is right now compared to Tuscaloosa and were the Alabama program is.
My opinion is Georgia is the home team and im sure there will be pressure on him to stay in state so that is an advantage for Georgia.plus the Georgia Wr unit is fairly weak so early playing time could be a factor for him.
Alabama has a proven track record and stability and as a football program in its current state has to be considered the best program in America. Alabamas wrs under Saban are making it the nfl and just seemed more refined than most Georgia receivers so jmo when the come out they are more draft ready
Either way both Alabama and Georgia give the young man a place to compete at a high level. I still say its a 50/50 between Alabama and Georgia

dnmuga93
02-04-2016, 03:46 PM
So then your saying you assume she will like Athens and were the Georgia program is right now compared to Tuscaloosa and were the Alabama program is.
My opinion is Georgia is the home team and im sure there will be pressure on him to stay in state so that is an advantage for Georgia.plus the Georgia Wr unit is fairly weak so early playing time could be a factor for him.
Alabama has a proven track record and stability and as a football program in its current state has to be considered the best program in America. Alabamas wrs under Saban are making it the nfl and just seemed more refined than most Georgia receivers so jmo when the come out they are more draft ready
Either way both Alabama and Georgia give the young man a place to compete at a high level. I still say its a 50/50 between Alabama and Georgia

Absolutely he will be pressured to "stay home". Whether or not he will "succumb" to that and choose UGA is unknown.

What I am saying is that he won't go to UGA if his mom doesn't visit campus and meet with the coaches while there. DRob has pretty much said that in interviews he has done. She has done those things in Tuscaloosa to the best of my knowledge. Right now, I'd say he ends up in Tuscaloosa. If he does make his OV to Athens this weekend and Mom does her thing, then I think UGA becomes the frontrunner. The wild card is Stanford and his test score.

dnmuga93
02-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Didnt u guys have reggie davis and mckenzie in the wr rotation last year to my knowledge and you would know better than I Mitchell is the only wr you guys lost year.

They caught 22 passes combined last season. MM caught 58 on his own. RD and IM have had injury and focus issues at the WR spot.

ECDawg78
02-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Congrats to Bama on another great class......

dnmuga93
02-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Congrats to Bama on another great class......

Completely agree. Bama Man, you guys are LOADED in the defensive front 7 again...

BigBamaFan
02-04-2016, 08:07 PM
Absolutely he will be pressured to "stay home". Whether or not he will "succumb" to that and choose UGA is unknown.

What I am saying is that he won't go to UGA if his mom doesn't visit campus and meet with the coaches while there. DRob has pretty much said that in interviews he has done. She has done those things in Tuscaloosa to the best of my knowledge. Right now, I'd say he ends up in Tuscaloosa. If he does make his OV to Athens this weekend and Mom does her thing, then I think UGA becomes the frontrunner. The wild card is Stanford and his test score.
Gotcha

Bama_Man
02-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Completely agree. Bama Man, you guys are LOADED in the defensive front 7 again...

This is maybe the best LB class Bama has brought in, which is saying quite a bit. There's still some young talent there to get thru the next couple seasons (Hand, the former #1 overall recruit; Dion-Hamilton, Foster, Evans who I believe will be a legit all conference guy next year, Tomlinson, Payne, Frazier, a few more) but once these young guys get in CFB shape and know the playbook, that 2017-18 defense could hopefully be as good as this past season.

Would a been nice to land Hartman or another WR, but we needed OL/DL and LBs in this class and landed some of the best of the best. The amount of talent the top four SEC schools landed is insane, between OM/UA/UGA/LSU, most of the elite, top shelf players in the Southeast stayed close to home.

BamaHoHo
01-24-2017, 06:36 PM
I met Dylan Moses today. Football aside, He is an impressive young man.