UGA Class [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UGA Class

Herchel
02-02-2016, 12:47 PM
EEs

Jacob Eason, QB, 5 star, Lake Stevens, WA.

Isaac Nauta, TE, 5 star, Buford, GA (IMG)

Julian Rochester, NT, 4 star, Powder Springs, GA (McEachern)

Ben Cleveland, OT, 4 star, Toccoa, GA (Stephens County)

Riley Ridley, WR, 4 star, Deerfield Beach, FL

Chad Clay, CB, 3 star, Suwannee, GA (Peachtree Ridge)

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Chauncey Manac 4* DE
Chris Barnes 3* OL
Tyrique McGhee 3* DB

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Marshall Long 3* P

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Charlie Woerner 4* WR

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Mecole Hardman just announced for UGA!!!

BIG get for this class.

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Mecole Hardman 5* ATH
Javon Wims JUCO 4* WR

GDawg88
02-03-2016, 08:54 AM
Mecole Hardman just announced for UGA!!!

BIG get for this class.
Our offense is going to be absolutely filthy in a couple of years with Eason, Hardman, Godwin, Nauta, and potentially Robertson. Once Pittman upgrades the level of play on the line, who's going to be able to stop us?

The future is bright, boys.

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Damn, we just flipped Michail Carter too...

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 09:14 AM
damn, we just flipped michail carter too...

4* dt

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 09:21 AM
If we can get Derrick Brown later, I will be super happy with this class.

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Solomon Kindley 4*OT

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Elijah Holyfield 4* RB

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Jeez, we just flipped Tyler Simmons too.

3* WR. CKS is doin' WORK!!!

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 09:35 AM
This is like the opposite of NSD under Mark Richt.

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Is it possible to leave Mark Richt alone?

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 09:40 AM

And boy does UGA need help at WR. Nicely done.

Dawgilicious
02-03-2016, 09:51 AM
I laugh a little when people just give the HC the credit for NSD flips and such...as if the assistants were not mostly responsible...lol

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 09:53 AM
I laugh a little when people just give the HC the credit for NSD flips and such...as if the assistants were not mostly responsible...lol

Well I think Kirby deserves a lot of credit. It is his staff. I just don't think we need to run down Richt while praising Smart.

ECDawg78
02-03-2016, 10:01 AM

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t597/brandonginny/flip_zpsgpiujf5l.gif

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Is it possible to leave Mark Richt alone?

Just saying this is the first NSD I have been excited about in years.

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Just saying this is the first NSD I have been excited about in years.

Great be super excited and leave Richt alone. You can do both.

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Is the Dawgvent down for anyone else?

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 10:45 AM
I'm on Field Street Forum...

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 12:03 PM
All sorts of rumors flying around about EJ Price right now.

The main one is that Carla Williams has put the kibosh on him coming to UGA and he will be headed to USCw. Supposedly, there is something in his background (not academic) that makes her not okay with him being on campus. That "something" (whatever it is) is also supposedly the reason for his decommitment earlier this recruiting cycle.

Cogitate on that for a bit...

ECDawg78
02-03-2016, 12:12 PM
This is like the opposite of NSD under Mark Richt.

Richt generally had his classes largely lined up and secured before signing day.........Smart's first has been an abbreviated few weeks since he just took over, and we'll see his recruiting style develop over the next year or two.

It's a shame you cannot even mention the former head coach around here anymore without getting chastised for doing so...and I also see many differences so far.

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 12:27 PM
I know, some people have some sick obsession with the FORMER coach of UGA. I say one thing about him, and get attacked.

Dawgilicious
02-03-2016, 12:28 PM
Richt generally had his classes largely lined up and secured before signing day.........Smart's first has been an abbreviated few weeks since he just took over, and we'll see his recruiting style develop over the next year or two.

It's a shame you cannot even mention the former head coach around here anymore without getting chastised for doing so...and I also see many differences so far.

Yeah whenever a new staff comes in there is always a hybrid in that first class, thus so many annoucements that include UGA. Thankfully, we have been on the right side of some of them today. Hopefully they are ones that work out for our future

ECDawg78
02-03-2016, 12:45 PM
I know, some people have some sick obsession with the FORMER coach of UGA. I say one thing about him, and get attacked.

No sick obsession IMO.......but your comment wasn't derogatory towards Richt that I could see.......it's an opinion board after all, and you should be able to voice yours too.

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 01:20 PM

You mean the guy that mentioned him in the first place. Your obsession shows.

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 01:39 PM
You bring him up every chance you can. I said one thing about him, like EC said that's my opinion. Every single time his name is mentioned on this board, you get upset. Its not that serious.

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 01:46 PM
I don't bring him up. In any event, I was merely asking if we could leave him alone. The day has been a good one - so far - for the future. I see no point dwelling on the past.

I am sorry you took it as an attack. It wasn't meant that way...

So now can we move on and talk about signing day.

Dawgilicious
02-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Georgia has offered Rhode Island graduate transfer offensive lineman Tyler Catalina according to a tweet from his brother, Tony, on Wednesday. Catalina is currently committed to Iowa State but has offers from Auburn and Penn State.

The 6-foot-6, 300-pound lineman is still in school at Rhode Island where he will finish his degree and be able to enroll at the school of his choice at the end of spring semester. He has signed financial aid paperwork with Iowa State according to his brother, but is not bound to any school.

When asked if they planned to take a look at UGA, Tony Catalina responded "absolutely."

Catalina earned second-team All Colonial Athletic Conference honors in 2015 and third-team honors in 2014. He was also a team captain at Rhode Island in his junior season.

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Mack Wilson to Bama.

We can hope we get Derrick Brown, which would be huge. I just think he might go to Auburn.

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Georgia has offered Rhode Island graduate transfer offensive lineman Tyler Catalina according to a tweet from his brother, Tony, on Wednesday. Catalina is currently committed to Iowa State but has offers from Auburn and Penn State.

The 6-foot-6, 300-pound lineman is still in school at Rhode Island where he will finish his degree and be able to enroll at the school of his choice at the end of spring semester. He has signed financial aid paperwork with Iowa State according to his brother, but is not bound to any school.

When asked if they planned to take a look at UGA, Tony Catalina responded "absolutely."

Catalina earned second-team All Colonial Athletic Conference honors in 2015 and third-team honors in 2014. He was also a team captain at Rhode Island in his junior season.

That means EJ Price is a no go.

Dawgilicious
02-03-2016, 02:30 PM
That means EJ Price is a no go.

Exactly what I was thinking

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 02:36 PM
David Marshall 3* DE flipped from Auburn to UGA

Herchel
02-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Derrick Brown to Auburn.

lbzdually
02-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Brown to Auburn. This was a huge loss for UGA. I think this is the big reason UGA went so hard after Michail Carter.

Dawgilicious
02-03-2016, 03:20 PM
It is hard to break that relationship he had with AU coaches and esp Garner. We will be alright and have other options to plug in. That is why this is a team game

Herchel
02-03-2016, 03:21 PM
E J price to SoCal. Don't know if true, but I heard that Carla Williams wouldn't admit him, based upon what his offer was pulled for in the beginning.

lbzdually
02-03-2016, 03:25 PM
It is hard to break that relationship he had with AU coaches and esp Garner. We will be alright and have other options to plug in. That is why this is a team game

Yeas, but Ben Davis and Lyndell Wilson had no problem with breaking their relationship with Smart to stay in Bama. I'd say it has more to with Bama being the safe bet hom team more than anything.

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 03:34 PM
E J price to SoCal. Don't know if true, but I heard that Carla Williams wouldn't admit him, based upon what his offer was pulled for in the beginning.

Heard that same thing, although it was not academic related.
Also heard that his "legal guardians" were pushing him away from UGA, even though he seemed like he wanted to go there. I watched his announcement; he was NOT happy putting on the USCw cap.

Dawgilicious
02-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Yeas, but Ben Davis and Lyndell Wilson had no problem with breaking their relationship with Smart to stay in Bama. I'd say it has more to with Bama being the safe bet hom team more than anything.

Each kid and their situation is going to be different. Never going to fault a kid with going with his heart and what is best for him, in the end it is their decision and they have to do what is best for them

Herchel
02-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Each kid and their situation is going to be different. Never going to fault a kid with going with his heart and what is best for him, in the end it is their decision and they have to do what is best for them
Totally agree. It's their lives, not ours. They need to go where they want to be. The guys going to Bama will be fine. Derrick Brown is a head scratcher. There is a 50-50 chance Garner won't be there in 2017.

Dawgilicious
02-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Tyler Clark has signed

lbzdually
02-03-2016, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=Herchel;1896111]Totally agree. It's their lives, not ours. They need to go where they want to be. The guys going to Bama will be fine. Derrick Brown is a head scratcher. There is a 50

Brown is the one that makes you wonder. Smart went all out, helicopters and all and still Brown went to Auburn. I was really excited about the prospect of having Brown next to Trent Thompson. UGA needs big LB's and Davis or Wilson would have probably started for UGA, but they will be 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart at Bama. There is so much pressure on Bama kids to stay play instate, though with Bama or Auburn, much more than in Georgia. I bet people lose jobs if their kid chooses to go out of state as a top 5 prospect in Alabama.

Herchel
02-03-2016, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=Herchel;1896111]Totally agree. It's their lives, not ours. They need to go where they want to be. The guys going to Bama will be fine. Derrick Brown is a head scratcher. There is a 50

Brown is the one that makes you wonder. Smart went all out, helicopters and all and still Brown went to Auburn. I was really excited about the prospect of having Brown next to Trent Thompson. UGA needs big LB's and Davis or Wilson would have probably started for UGA, but they will be 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart at Bama. There is so much pressure on Bama kids to stay play instate, though with Bama or Auburn, much more than in Georgia. I bet people lose jobs if their kid chooses to go out of state as a top 5 prospect in Alabama.
It is what it is. Why don't Georgia players feel the same pressure?

lbzdually
02-03-2016, 04:53 PM
I heard someone explain that many players in Georgia are immigrants from other states like Derrick Brown from Miss and don't consider themselves to be home-staters, whereas Alabama has kids that have been ingrained with state-pride through generations of ancestors living there. That and how important college football is because of the lack of pro teams puts so much pressure on kids to stay in-state.

Dawgilicious
02-03-2016, 04:57 PM
I remember when Tray Blackmon chose AU or UGA and people blew the roof off of things.....lol

He was not the next, great AU LB as many said he would be

ECDawg78
02-03-2016, 06:49 PM
I only want kids to sign with UGA that really, really want to be here. Brown didn't want to be a Dawg, so........see ya.

There are plenty of good football players that this staff will bring in next year that will make you all forget about today's misses.

Anybody remember Montravious Adams? I heard the same things about him two years ago that we've been hearing about Brown. He hasn't helped Garner or Malzahn enough to beat us in the last two years......and we built the best DL depth today without him that we have had in a very, very long time.

Now Kirby and Pittman have to get the same done at OL in the next year..........

Dawg in Dallas
02-03-2016, 07:43 PM
You win some you lose some.

Overall, considering the compressed timeframe, I thought the staff did an excellent job.

lbzdually
02-03-2016, 08:03 PM
I think it is a very good class considering. What is the word on Demetris Robertson?

dnmuga93
02-03-2016, 08:11 PM
I think it is a very good class considering. What is the word on Demetris Robertson?

He has an OV scheduled next week in Athens. Most think that he will be a Dawg after that, since it doesn't look likely he will get admitted to Stanford.

Djshockley3
02-03-2016, 08:18 PM
If we get DRob, this class is great.

lbzdually
02-03-2016, 09:18 PM
UGA got way bigger at WR and faster. Wims and Woerner give UGA 2 huge WR's who can beat smaller DB's and Hardman and Simmons are sub 4.4 guys who can run by just about any DB. Then add D. Rob and suddenly with Godwin and Eason has to be happy. That's not even mentioning Nauta and Blazevich and Jackson Harris at TE. One of the analysts mentioned that under Chaney, the TE's in his offense are usually the 2nd leading receivers, both at Pitt and Arkansas.

Djshockley3
02-04-2016, 04:06 AM
I am excited about everything besides O-Line. Glad we have Pittman, because we might need some work up front.

ECDawg78
02-04-2016, 04:12 PM
UGA got way bigger at WR and faster. Wims and Woerner give UGA 2 huge WR's who can beat smaller DB's and Hardman and Simmons are sub 4.4 guys who can run by just about any DB. Then add D. Rob and suddenly with Godwin and Eason has to be happy. That's not even mentioning Nauta and Blazevich and Jackson Harris at TE. One of the analysts mentioned that under Chaney, the TE's in his offense are usually the 2nd leading receivers, both at Pitt and Arkansas.

I have been told that the staff was looking at Simmons in an H-back type role and not strictly as a wide receiver........maybe more of the role that Kenyan Drake played in the Alabama offense.....the kid's a playmaker with the ball in his hands.

ECDawg78
02-04-2016, 04:29 PM

The Carla Williams story is total BS. Price had a UGA LOI right in front of him. The BS story was used by those close to Price that didn't want him to go to UGA......and Kirby confirmed it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaYcC6hWIAEaCHB.jpg:small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaYcC7VWAAEnKMR.jpg

Djshockley3
02-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Wtf is this?

Herchel
02-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Apparently Price trolled UGA.

Herchel
02-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Yech finished 59th. ROTFLMAO.

lbzdually
02-04-2016, 05:48 PM
If it is true about Price, then he is a punk. I think the term trolling UGA fits very well here. All this time, I think he has been waiting to get back at UGA for backing off his other offer for whatever he did back last year. UGA could have focused on a player who actually wanted to be at UGA this whole time and now they are scrambling to find a lineman this late.

ECDawg78
02-04-2016, 08:13 PM
If it is true about Price, then he is a punk. I think the term trolling UGA fits very well here. All this time, I think he has been waiting to get back at UGA for backing off his other offer for whatever he did back last year. UGA could have focused on a player who actually wanted to be at UGA this whole time and now they are scrambling to find a lineman this late.

My understanding is that Price would have had to take an additional math class between now and enrolling to qualify for admission at UGA. It wasn't a situation of not qualifying due to grades or GPA, only the core requirement needed to gain entry. Apparently, he did not need that class to enroll at USC. It is not saying that USC enrollment standards are lower, only different in this particular case. Price could have taken the class, passed it and been able to enroll at UGA. Apparently, he did not want to take the class and chose another school that didn't require it. If that's his choice, who can argue with him? After all, it's his choice.

Kirby wanted to make sure that he felt Price had an obligation to debunk the wild rumors earlier in the day about the Carla Williams fabrication. It was bogus.....there was a NLI in front of Price from UGA..........and Kirby made the point to Price via the text message that he should tell the truth and admit that he could have come to Athens if he had wanted to. UGA was not barring admission to Price.

He chose not to...........and I wish him the best at USC.

Dawg in Dallas
02-04-2016, 09:12 PM
People need to really just let Price do what he wants (https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/ej-price-sets-the-record-straight-about-why-he-did-not-choose-uga) without harassing him. EC's post above is a model of how to handle it, IMO.

UGA was a school he was once committed to. What changed? Was there another reason? Did he prefer the previous coaches who had spent more time with him building a relationship? Price was asked if he would have still went to UGA if Mark Richt was the head coach. He said yes.

“If Coach Richt was at Georgia then I would be a Dawg,” Price said.

To be clear, Price then said Richt was not at UGA and it was a subject that wasn’t even worth talking about. He had nothing but good things to say about the current staff, but that answer shows how much respect he had built up for Richt. It shows he felt that playing for him would have been enough for him to look past what he felt was a better academic fit at USC.

That answer also adds to the discussion that he was not prevented from choosing UGA.

Does that throw those red flags out the window? According to Price, he made a personal choice that it was better for his future to go to USC. It might be harder for a rabid fan base to swallow, but that was what he said on signing day.

ECDawg78
02-05-2016, 08:58 AM
People need to really just let Price do what he wants (https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/ej-price-sets-the-record-straight-about-why-he-did-not-choose-uga) without harassing him. EC's post above is a model of how to handle it, IMO.

Thanks...and notice that unlike you, I made no reference to the former head coach in my remarks, since it had nothing to do with this situation.....:kiss:

Dawg in Dallas
02-05-2016, 09:42 AM
:lol: the ONLY reason for that inclusion was to confirm that there was no issue getting in. I don't think we could be certain that if Richt was there that he would have enrolled at UGA - as this portion seems to admit:

To be clear, Price then said Richt was not at UGA and it was a subject that wasn’t even worth talking about.

Price answered only a hypothetical question and it is easy for him to say something like he would be a Dawg if Richt was still there. It doesn't make it true, but it does show that he was not denied admission to UGA, which was my only point in including that portion of the article. I am tired of debating Richt. I prefer to look forward, not back. I wish a segment of our fanbase who seems eager to be overly critical of Richt would follow your lead.

ECDawg78
02-05-2016, 10:39 AM
:lol: the ONLY reason for that inclusion was to confirm that there was no issue getting in. I don't think we could be certain that if Richt was there that he would have enrolled at UGA - as this portion seems to admit:

Price answered only a hypothetical question and it is easy for him to say something like he would be a Dawg if Richt was still there. It doesn't make it true, but it does show that he was not denied admission to UGA, which was my only point in including that portion of the article. I am tired of debating Richt. I prefer to look forward, not back. I wish a segment of our fanbase who seems eager to be overly critical of Richt would follow your lead.

Most have moved on, and long ago. However, it is extremely difficult not to mention the former coach and staff when addressing the current needs of the program and the different direction that it is headed. Any mention of Richt or his past staff should not automatically be viewed as critical (as DJ's comment was not IMO). We don't need Dawg fans judging and criticizing one another (as was stressed to me by you and others here after the coaching change and hiring of the new coach back in December.) It's a time to pull together for hopefully an exciting future.

I moved on long ago as have most....and.....let's stop with feeling the need to judge or criticize every innocuous comment from Dawg fans.......that's not moving on either.

lbzdually
02-05-2016, 11:40 AM

I have no problem with Price doing what he wants. I have a problem with him or his people trying to drag UGA's name through the mud and hurt them on his way out.

Herchel
02-06-2016, 05:15 AM
Who was Smart referring to with the "trick people" comment, Price or Brown?

ECDawg78
02-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Who was Smart referring to with the "trick people" comment, Price or Brown?

Brown.

Herchel
02-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Brown.
Did Brown tell him he was signing with UGA?

ECDawg78
02-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Did Brown tell him he was signing with UGA?

Brown and his entire family assured Smart, Rocker and others in the last 24 hours that Brown would sign with UGA. They flat out lied to Kirby directly.

Bama_Man
02-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Yeah I read that Brown told Smart the NIGHT BEFORE NSD and said he was a Dawg, full bore, yet committed to Auburn the next morning. Its possible AU had him do that to try and hurt the UGA class, if so it shows zero class and is a huge LOL since UGA had a much better class than AU.

If you guys land Robertson, any chance Hardman switches to DB?

lbzdually
02-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Yeah I read that Brown told Smart the NIGHT BEFORE NSD and said he was a Dawg, full bore, yet committed to Auburn the next morning. Its possible AU had him do that to try and hurt the UGA class, if so it shows zero class and is a huge LOL since UGA had a much better class than AU.

I think Hardman plays both ways some no matter what. He can be as a good as he wants as a DB or WR. Hardman, Robertson and Godwin all have similar skill-sets, so myself, I would like to see Hardman as a lockdown corner and KR. UGA's return game should be one of the most dangerous teams in the entire country, with Godwin, McKenzie, Hardman and possibly Robertson.

Bama_Man
02-06-2016, 09:20 PM
I think Hardman plays both ways some no matter what. He can be as a good as he wants as a DB or WR. Hardman, Robertson and Godwin all have similar skill-sets, so myself, I would like to see Hardman as a lockdown corner and KR. UGA's return game should be one of the most dangerous teams in the entire country, with Godwin, McKenzie, Hardman and possibly Robertson.

Not sure I'd have DR running back kicks, both IM and TG are elite level returners capable of scoring on any kick. UGA should have a filthy offense in two/three years with Godwin, McKenzie, Robertson and Natua catching passes from Eason. Smart needs to land an elite OL class next year to block for those guys, and possibly another couple of RBs since Chubb will be a junior, as will Michele.

But UGA is like Bama, getting RBs is disgustingly easy. Bama landed Edmonns this year, and has two 4/5* RBs committed for the 2017 class. Smart will platoon a lot esp early next year to ease Chubb back into action until hes 100% healthy. I expect UGA to platoon RBs just like Bama does, CKS knows its extremely important to keep the RBs fresh.

Herchel
02-07-2016, 04:32 AM

I think Hardman will play field corner, and get some snaps at WR and wildcat.

Herchel
02-07-2016, 04:33 AM
Not sure I'd have DR running back kicks, both IM and TG are elite level returners capable of scoring on any kick. UGA should have a filthy offense in two/three years with Godwin, McKenzie, Robertson and Natua catching passes from Eason. Smart needs to land an elite OL class next year to block for those guys, and possibly another couple of RBs since Chubb will be a junior, as will Michele.

But UGA is like Bama, getting RBs is disgustingly easy. Bama landed Edmonns this year, and has two 4/5* RBs committed for the 2017 class. Smart will platoon a lot esp early next year to ease Chubb back into action until hes 100% healthy. I expect UGA to platoon RBs just like Bama does, CKS knows its extremely important to keep the RBs fresh.

Did Emmons qualify?

ECDawg78
02-07-2016, 09:50 AM
I think Hardman will play field corner, and get some snaps at WR and wildcat.

Agree completely. Hardman has the potential to be an all conference or all american at cornerback.

BigBamaFan
02-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Did Emmons qualify?
His gpa and core are , he scored 1 point shy on his SAT but he is retaking

Friedchickenman
02-07-2016, 10:11 PM

Above comment is one of the most ironic statements I've seen on this board considering how many times Saban has planted a recruit in AU's class only to flip at the end directly to screw AU.

All the AU Mods, and even national mods were leaning Brown to AU. The only one that was full bore Brown to UGA were the UGA site mods.

Bama_Man
02-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Above comment is one of the most ironic statements I've seen on this board considering how many times Saban has planted a recruit in AU's class only to flip at the end directly to screw AU.

All the AU Mods, and even national mods were leaning Brown to AU. The only one that was full bore Brown to UGA were the UGA site mods.

I just saidnit was possible, not a fact.

Dawg in Dallas
02-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Most have moved on, and long ago. However, it is extremely difficult not to mention the former coach and staff when addressing the current needs of the program and the different direction that it is headed. Any mention of Richt or his past staff should not automatically be viewed as critical (as DJ's comment was not IMO). We don't need Dawg fans judging and criticizing one another (as was stressed to me by you and others here after the coaching change and hiring of the new coach back in December.) It's a time to pull together for hopefully an exciting future.

I moved on long ago as have most....and.....let's stop with feeling the need to judge or criticize every innocuous comment from Dawg fans.......that's not moving on either.

There was no point to the comment other than to be critical of Richt...no point to it in any other context.

ECDawg78
02-08-2016, 08:14 AM
There was no point to the comment other than to be critical of Richt...no point to it in any other context.

Why can't you let it go and move on like everyone else? DJ has the right to post whatever the hell he wants to....and, of course you have the right to be full bore anal and install yourself as the Richt criticism filter, too. I just think it's entirely unnecessary.

Antics like this get old around here.

ECDawg78
02-08-2016, 08:18 AM

The only thing I believe is that Brown and his family lied directly to Smart and the Georgia staff.....and for that reason alone I'm glad he went somewhere else.

Herchel
02-08-2016, 08:32 AM

The 247 mods Cbed him to Auburn. However, this has nothing to do with the fact that Brown and his family trolled Smart. I have no idea why they would do that.

Friedchickenman
02-08-2016, 05:37 PM
The 247 mods Cbed him to Auburn. However, this has nothing to do with the fact that Brown and his family trolled Smart. I have no idea why they would do that.

No idea. He didn't strike me as the type to do that, curious as to where that "source" came from. What I heard was that Brown called the AU coaches that morning and told them he was headed to AU. At the end of the day all of this is "hearsay". Maybe AU did try to screw Kirby in recruiting, lord knows that other than Nick Saban, AU has plenty of reason to want to screw Kirby over..and it's not like we're all friends here. We're rivals. This kind of thing happens in recruiting, especially ever since UAT started doing everything possible to get an edge, other schools are just going to do the same.

FWIW, the argument could be made that David Marshall tried to do the same thing in order to "screw AU." Pretty much everyone saw through that charade though.

Herchel
02-08-2016, 06:00 PM
No idea. He didn't strike me as the type to do that, curious as to where that "source" came from. What I heard was that Brown called the AU coaches that morning and told them he was headed to AU. At the end of the day all of this is "hearsay". Maybe AU did try to screw Kirby in recruiting, lord knows that other than Nick Saban, AU has plenty of reason to want to screw Kirby over..and it's not like we're all friends here. We're rivals. This kind of thing happens in recruiting, especially ever since UAT started doing everything possible to get an edge, other schools are just going to do the same.

FWIW, the argument could be made that David Marshall tried to do the same thing in order to "screw AU." Pretty much everyone saw through that charade though.

Ah, the moral equivalent. Auburn is famous for that. Marshall didn't call Auburn on 2/2 and say he was going to Auburn.This does not compute. However, I don't care. Brown signed with Auburn, end of story.

Friedchickenman
02-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Ah, the moral equivalent. Auburn is famous for that. Marshall didn't call Auburn on 2/2 and say he was going to Auburn.This does not compute. However, I don't care. Brown signed with Auburn, end of story.

Uhm, actually he did, as he was already verbally committed to Auburn...for weeks. Lol.

Herchel
02-09-2016, 06:10 AM
Uhm, actually he did, as he was already verbally committed to Auburn...for weeks. Lol.
You know damn well that Brown and his family lied to Smart the night before NSD.