Major NCAA Violations have hit Missouri [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Major NCAA Violations have hit Missouri

Dawgilicious
01-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Entire 2013-14 Season to be Vacated

The details i've seen
1) one year postseason ban
2) also not going to the SEC tourney (duh)
3) "Major violations include impermissible benefits (two instances) by donors and failure to monitor summer internship program"

Dawgilicious
01-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Violations included:
(Level 1 Violation) A donor to MU Athletics provided impermissible benefits to three men's basketball student-athletes and one recruit. The impermissible benefits included compensating student-athletes for work-not-performed, housing, cash in the amount of $520, local transportation, iPads, meals and arranging for the use of a local gym.
(Level 1 Violation) A second donor was discovered to have provided impermissible benefits to 11 student-athletes and three members of one student-athlete's family from 2011-2014. The benefits included providing student-athletes with a "friends & family" reduced rate at a hotel as well as meals and a ride on a recreational boat. A Missouri men's basketball student-manager also provided transportation for multiple student-athletes to the hotel from the Missouri campus.
(Level 2 Violation) Because the University of Missouri did not fully vet the summer internship employment opportunity and follow-up to request documentation at the conclusion of the 2013 and 2014 internships with Representative #1, the institution was cited with a failure to adequately monitor the internship program.
(Level 3 Violation) A former associate head men's basketball coach assisted in the relocation of a prospective student-athlete by providing the phone number of the prospect's mother to a donor to arrange for rental housing.
Donor 1 had multiple impermissible recruiting contacts with a prospective student-athlete and paid for a meal for a non-scholastic coach.

Highlights of the punishment Mizzou self-imposed:
The university permanently disassociated Donor #1
The university disassociated Representative #2 for a period of two years
The university vacated all wins from the 2013-14 season.
The university will pay the NCAA a fine in the prescribed amount of $5,000.
The university self-imposed the loss of one men's basketball scholarship in 2015-16 and an additional scholarship loss to be incurred no later than the 2017-18 season.
The university placed restrictions on the recruiting activities of the men's basketball staff during the years of 2014-15 through 2016-17.
The university imposed a one-year postseason ban for the 2015-16 men's basketball season, which prohibits the team from participating in the 2016 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament, and any other postseason competition sanctioned by the NCAA. As such, the university will not receive any revenues from the 2016 SEC or NCAA men's basketball tournaments.

Just Some Hog Dude
01-13-2016, 03:23 PM
It is a tough time to be a MU sports fan. At least they got good revolutionary students.

Herchel
01-13-2016, 03:29 PM
It is a tough time to be a MU sports fan. At least they got good revolutionary students.
Was Anderson or Haith the coach?

Dawgilicious
01-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Haith

kentubbybasketball
01-13-2016, 06:57 PM
Haith could be in trouble at Tulsa. There were issues at Miami too. He better be careful. Look I like Haith bUT Mizzou found out about this investigation in 2014 and then four days later Haiti took the Tulsa job. Kinda the same escape route played out in Miami.

Just Some Hog Dude
01-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Was Anderson or Haith the coach?

If Anderson cheats then he doesn't do enough of it. He needs to study and learn from Calipari. :lol:

kentubbybasketball
01-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Ha. Still stung by a Archie Goodwin and Malik Monk I suppose
If you had a UK offer and an Arkansas offer, you'd pick UK too.

Wave&Dawgs
01-13-2016, 10:41 PM
Ha. Still stung by a Archie Goodwin and Malik Monk I suppose
If you had a UK offer and an Arkansas offer, you'd pick UK too.

Yeah, how could anyone possibly not choose to play for the mighty UK?

Bubba
01-13-2016, 11:22 PM
I like the ban from postseason.

Like they already don't ban themselves from post season by their performance on the court :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Herchel
01-14-2016, 08:16 AM
I like the ban from postseason.

Like they already don't ban themselves from post season by their performance on the court :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
They are also banned from the SEC tournament. The 11 seed now gets a bye.

Subrookie
01-19-2016, 06:44 PM
I'm so glad Haith is gone. That guy is a slimeball.