Where the 5 stars will sign [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Where the 5 stars will sign

Herchel
01-13-2016, 06:05 AM
Per Campus Insiders

http://campusinsiders.com/news/national-signing-day-5-star-recruiting-predictions-01-12-2016

10. Demetris Robertson - No. 2 ATH
Georgia Bulldogs
Alabama Crimson Tide
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Prediction: Georgia
The Bulldogs have a lot of momentum with Robertson, who's from Savannah, Ga. And Kirby Smart has a lot of momentum in general, having landed 5-star tight end Isaac Nauta and capping off the 2015 season with a national championship. The Bulldogs have playing time and a new era to offer.
9. Caleb Kelly - No. 3 OLB
Oklahoma Sooners
Oregon Ducks
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Prediction: Oregon
Oklahoma has been the favorite to land Kelly for a while now, but don't count out Oregon just yet. Out of his top three schools, the Ducks are the closest. They can offer early playing time, too, which is always a big deal.
8. Rashard Lawrence - No. 5 DT
LSU Tigers
Ohio State Buckeyes
Prediction: LSU
The Tigers have been cleaning up on the recruiting trail as of late, and it seems as though Les Miles is about to haul in another one. Lawrence would join Edwin Alexander and Glen Logan as the defensive tackles anchoring LSU's 2016 class.
7. Mecole Hardman Jr. - No. 1 ATH
Georgia Bulldogs
Alabama Crimson Tide
Michigan Wolverines
Tennessee Volunteers
Clemson Tigers
The same reasoning behind why the Bulldogs will land Robertson would be why they'd land Mecole Hardman Jr. He named Alabama as his leader, but Kirby Smart can offer the idea of early playing time -- and not just any kind of early playing time. It's early playing time with 5-star quarterback Jacob Eason, who many expect to start next season.

6. Mique Juarez - No. 2 OLB
UCLA Bruins
Ole Miss Rebels
Prediction: UCLA
Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss have a lot to offer, but it seems as though Mique Juarez is on his way to play for the Bruins. UCLA has produced some big-time linebackers, who are now making plays in the NFL. Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks have been tearing it up for the Minnesota Vikings. Myles Jack is projected as a first-round pick this year, and Juarez could be next in line.
5. Brandon Jones - No. 1 S
Texas A&M Aggies
Texas Longhorns
Oregon Ducks
Baylor Bears
Prediction: Texas A&M
What's the opposite of momentum? Whatever it is, Charlie Strong has it on the recruiting trail. It doesn't appear Brandon Jones will be a part of the solution in Austin, Texas. The Aggies may be losing quarterbacks left and right, but they did just land transfer Trevor Knight. So, the future is a little bit brighter with Texas A&M.
4. Lyndell Wilson - No. 1 OLB
Florida Gators
Alabama Crimson Tide
Georgia Bulldogs
Once upon a time, it was a two-horse race. And at that same time, the Florida Gators were the supposed leader to land Lyndell "Mack" Wilson. Now, it appears Kirby Smart is poised to land another 5-star recruit. Wilson knows Smart from Alabama, and with the excitement buzzing in Athens, Ga. the feel is Wilson will join the party.
3. Ben Davis - No. 1 ILB
Alabama Crimson Tide
Georgia Bulldogs
Prediciton: Alabama
Well, there is one recruit Kirby Smart isn't going to land, and his name's Ben Davis. Nick Saban has definitely put in the work to land the 5-star inside linebacker. Alabama has a long legacy and playing time to offer. Oh, and there's the whole playing for national titles thing. That's a pretty big factor.
2. Derrick Brown - No. 3 DT
Georgia Bulldogs
Auburn Tigers
Alabama Crimson Tide
Tennessee Volunteers
Mississippi State Bulldogs
Isaac Nauta was from Buford, Ga., and he just committed to UGA. Now, it's Derrick Brown's turn. The 5-star defensive tackkle is also from Buford, and it seems as though Kirby Smart is targeting him as the defensive tackle of Georgia's immediate future.
1. Rashan Gary - No. 1 DT
Michigan Wolverines
Alabama Crimson Tide
Auburn Tigers
Ole Miss Rebels
Clemson Tigers
Prediction: Michigan
Jim Harbaugh is up to something in Ann Arbor, Mich., and with the Wolverines having displayed one of the nation's best defensive units this past season, it seems Michigan's re-build may end sooner rather than later. Rashan Gary will likely end up with his good friend, Kareem Walker, a 4-star running back -- also from New Jersey.

Personally, I think Derrick Brown is going to Auburn.

BigBamaFan
01-13-2016, 01:47 PM
Jmo Bama lands Ben Davis and Mecole Hardman Jr. And i think Bama will land flip one or two as well the playing time angle shouldnt effect Bama as much as years past especially in the front 7. And also im interested in what Pruitt can do on the recruiting trail hes on the clock as of thursday

Herchel
01-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Jmo Bama lands Ben Davis and Mecole Hardman Jr. And i think Bama will land flip one or two as well the playing time angle shouldnt effect Bama as much as years past especially in the front 7. And also im interested in what Pruitt can do on the recruiting trail hes on the clock as of thursday
Hardman is at Ohio State today.

Storm
01-13-2016, 03:03 PM
I hope Rashan Gary doesn't turn into DaShawn Hand 2016. Michigan supposedly led for Hand the whole recruitment and then on announce day he broke all of our hearts and went to Bama. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Herchel
01-13-2016, 03:15 PM
I hope Rashan Gary doesn't turn into DaShawn Hand 2016. Michigan supposedly led for Hand the whole recruitment and then on announce day he broke all of our hearts and went to Bama. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Me too, although Ole Mi$$ seems to be trending.

Storm
01-13-2016, 03:55 PM
I keep hearing that, but he's only trending Ole Miss' way with Ole Miss insiders. :lol:

His mom seems to be heavily involved in this process, and I don't see her letting him go there. Everything I've read is she didn't enjoy her experience there. Especially with the shoving incident. But I think Rashan did like it. But much like other big time recruits that have visited, they all have loved their trips. Freeze must be throwing some serious dick magnets at these kids.

OxfordSeminole
01-13-2016, 04:01 PM
I keep hearing that, but he's only trending Ole Miss' way with Ole Miss insiders. :lol:

His mom seems to be heavily involved in this process, and I don't see her letting him go there. Everything I've read is she didn't enjoy her experience there. Especially with the shoving incident. But I think Rashan did like it. But much like other big time recruits that have visited, they all have loved their trips. Freeze must be throwing some serious dick magnets at these kids.

Yeah, not like Oxford is nice or anything.

(Dick magnet thing is totally true though. They're called Rebel Recruiters - or at least they were when I was there. Hot as **** and easy pickings.)

OxfordSeminole
01-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Me too, although Ole Mi$$ seems to be trending.

Not a dollar was spent on any of those UGA 5-stars, I am sure.

Storm
01-13-2016, 04:07 PM
Yeah, not like Oxford is nice or anything.

(Dick magnet thing is totally true though. They're called Rebel Recruiters - or at least they were when I was there. Hot as **** and easy pickings.)

Never been there so I can't speak on it. wasn't saying it wasn't nice. Just saying his mom did not have a good visit and she's heavily involved.

OxfordSeminole
01-13-2016, 04:16 PM
Never been there so I can't speak on it. wasn't saying it wasn't nice. Just saying his mom did not have a good visit and she's heavily involved.

Unless he turns 18 before NSD, not just heavily involved, she's in charge.

Herchel
01-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Not a dollar was spent on any of those UGA 5-stars, I am sure.

Not a single dollar.

Storm
01-13-2016, 04:42 PM
Unless he turns 18 before NSD, not just heavily involved, she's in charge.

Don't know how old he is

xAuBuRn
01-13-2016, 05:11 PM
Not a single dollar.

You are so blind it is not even funny.

Herchel
01-13-2016, 05:36 PM
You are so blind it is not even funny.
I don't think Auburn pays for players. Am I still blind? A coach told me there are two dirty programs in the SEC, one in the East and one in the West. I believe him.

Djshockley3
01-13-2016, 06:16 PM
Who is the one from the East?

Herchel
01-14-2016, 08:17 AM
Who is the one from the East?
Can't say.